Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: What's The Funniest Post You Have Ever Seen Here?
Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: December 9, 2016 16:59

matxil
I often enjoy the HMS vs GasLightStreet bickering.

But don't we all know that really they are the same person? winking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 9, 2016 17:03

sunnybando99

Date: December 9, 2016 17:06

Elmo Lewis
sunnybando99

The guy who asked us go to «the hell»? smiling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 9, 2016 17:15

djgab
THE 1792 thread !!
iorr.org/talk/.

it opened in 2009 with " I mean come on they are old but not that old lol." when goes for 13 pages until ... now !

There's even a t shirt for it............

Date: December 9, 2016 17:16

grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 9, 2016 18:06

EddieByword

THE 1792 thread !!
iorr.org/talk/.

it opened in 2009 with " I mean come on they are old but not that old lol." when goes for 13 pages until ... now !

There's even a t shirt for it............

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 9, 2016 20:11

Ross
StonesTod was the master of snark! He got a bit carried away at times, but usually good for a laugh. He was good at reminding us how silly the whole "fan board" thing can get at times. What ever happened to him?
He was the best and i miss him a lot

Date: December 9, 2016 20:13

duke richardson
Palace Revolution 2000
Who was this guy, who up until maybe 2 years ago would always post these zingers. He was kind of sarcastic and jaded about it all, but always very clever and brilliant. He got himself banned for some reason.

gotta be StonesTod...
Bingo , i miss him a lot and his super awesome humour .Really funny guy and he did know everything about the Stones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 9, 2016 20:17

Rockman
I want to know what the record Keith was listening to as well!

Well its a safe bet it wasn't a Van Morrison record ..... hhhaaaaaaa

[photos.smugmug.com]
That is fu@#ing hillarious

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 9, 2016 20:19

I think Mathijs is pretty funny. How much stuff can you make up?!!!

Date: December 9, 2016 20:24

More Hot Rocks
I think Mathijs is pretty funny. How much stuff can you make up?!!!
Exactly

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 9, 2016 20:39

I miss Lukester and baboon Bro

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: December 9, 2016 20:47

Bliss
What I find funniest are the elaborate pieces of fan fiction spun by certain posters, detailing their close personal friendship with the Stones inner circle, none of which have ever been supported by a photo or mention in any of the hundreds of books and articles written about the Stones through the decades.

Very true! Keith and I were chuckling about this the other day, as we sat sipping hot chocolate and reminiscing about the times we used to ski together in the Alps.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: December 9, 2016 20:47

"stanlove" comes to mind, love how he always says - "The thing I'll never understand...", (this is usually in a thread about someone who had just died and there are posts from people who are expressing their condolences).

Also this one liner: [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-09 20:52 by 2000 LYFH.

Date: December 9, 2016 20:54

2000 LYFH
"stanlove" comes to mind, love how he always says - "The thing I've never understand...", (this is usually in a thread about someone who had just died and there are posts from people who are expressing their condolences).

Which one of the one liners? Classic thread grinning smiley

Reminds of one of the World Series baseball-threads some years back.

Date: December 9, 2016 21:01

DandelionPowderman

"stanlove" comes to mind, love how he always says - "The thing I've never understand...", (this is usually in a thread about someone who had just died and there are posts from people who are expressing their condolences).

Which one of the one liners? Classic thread grinning smiley

Reminds of one of the World Series baseball-threads some years back.

"You are wound tight."

Date: December 9, 2016 21:10

TheGreek

StonesTod was the master of snark! He got a bit carried away at times, but usually good for a laugh. He was good at reminding us how silly the whole "fan board" thing can get at times. What ever happened to him? He was the best and i miss him a lot

I think he was aka: T&A. Hope I have this wrong, but didn't someone say a few years ago that he got sick and/or passed away?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 9, 2016 21:25

2000 LYFH

StonesTod was the master of snark! He got a bit carried away at times, but usually good for a laugh. He was good at reminding us how silly the whole "fan board" thing can get at times. What ever happened to him? He was the best and i miss him a lot

I think he was aka: T&A. Hope I have this wrong, but didn't someone say a few years ago that he got sick and/or passed away?

I think your right confused smiley or maybe we should check it out in the old post

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 9, 2016 21:25

2000 LYFH

He's alive and well and posting over on EOMS, it fact I think he is a moderator over there.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 9, 2016 21:29

Sons of the Beatles dude. His unrelenting, misguided obsession about Beatles spawn getting together as some sort Beatles Mark 2 had to be a put-on.

Date: December 9, 2016 21:37

Naturalust

He's alive and well and posting over on EOMS, it fact I think he is a moderator over there.

Dam, he's not dead! I mean oh good, glad he still posting somewhere...smoking smiley

BTW Naturalust, I was starting to wonder what happened to you...

Date: December 9, 2016 21:39

2000 LYFH

one and the same , i am almost positive because i chatted with him here about it and he sort of let the cat out of the bag . Great guy and great humour , i am sure he is still alive and well , i think he got wrapped up in the purge of 2013

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-09 21:40 by TheGreek.

Posted by: z ()
Date: December 9, 2016 21:39

Naturalust

Alive and well - yes. Moderating/posting over on EOMS - not anymore.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 9, 2016 22:08

There are times when bv's posts crack me up.
Dry humor most of the time, but very funny at times..

An example from a recent post where someone was struggling with Captcha..

Re: Why am I being forced to look at captchas.
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 6, 2016 22:37

The option would be to fill in the result of 1 + 1 = ?

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 10, 2016 19:40

The funniest post...I didn't find the latest attack on me from Bliss particularly amusing. Just... pathetic.

Many Thanks to the poster in this thread for emailing me that long interview I did several years ago...with a very nice and accurate reporter, Teri Merchant, who at the time worked for the very cool Atlanta paper "Southern Fried." I had forgotten all about it.

I consider many of the IORR posters good and honorable people. But I don't like being tagged as a liar.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 10, 2016 19:59

Good to hear StonesTod is alive and well. I miss his funny spin on things.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 10, 2016 21:09

StonesTod was the money man ! Complete off-kilter humor, some people have that gift. So he got banned on EOMS too ?

I seem to remember he got banned a few times here and then was allowed back.

BV's posts are sometimes indeed pretty funny too, especially when he says that if people write to him after getting banned saying that they were drunk when they posted and apologize then he may let them back in ;-)

The Ziggo lobbying was pretty funny too, although it got a bit old and I think our friend got banned for that...fortunately he was allowed back so he can, among other things, regularly post requests for unbooted tracks just in case an "insider" is drunk enough to let them out of the bag ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 09:50 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 11, 2016 02:17

shortfatfanny
That plexi thing by timbernardis was funny...

Thanks short. I remain devoted and committed to THE PLEXIGLASS and its worship.

plexi

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 11, 2016 07:18

stonesrule
The funniest post...I didn't find the latest attack on me from Bliss particularly amusing. Just... pathetic.

Many Thanks to the poster in this thread for emailing me that long interview I did several years ago...with a very nice and accurate reporter, Teri Merchant, who at the time worked for the very cool Atlanta paper "Southern Fried." I had forgotten all about it.

I consider many of the IORR posters good and honorable people. But I don't like being tagged as a liar.

By all means, dear stonesrule, prove me wrong. You've been posting these anecdotes for many years, without a shred of evidence to support them. Show us some articles or photos linking you with the Rolling Stones, because in my vast Stones library and extensive reading on the net, I've yet to see one.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 11, 2016 08:31

wonderboy

What I find funniest are the elaborate pieces of fan fiction spun by certain posters, detailing their close personal friendship with the Stones inner circle, none of which have ever been supported by a photo or mention in any of the hundreds of books and articles written about the Stones through the decades.

Very true! Keith and I were chuckling about this the other day, as we sat sipping hot chocolate and reminiscing about the times we used to ski together in the Alps.

haha i just showed this to Charlie and he's still laughing. what? excuse me he needs something....

oops just read the posts above. i dont know nothin' about who knows who or does what. i can tell you i'm a nobody tho. and glad of it. If I knew any of them I'd def tell them about the site and they should say hi for Christmas or something. and bitch 'em out about the setlist and the prices...and then somebody would show me the blade so...i just can't take the pressure....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-11 08:51 by hopkins.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home