Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
What's The Funniest Post You Have Ever Seen Here?
Date: December 7, 2016 23:31

I really wanted to find another place to quote this post by Ross from the other day, that I think is the funniest thing I have seen here in all my time since the 90's.
In the topic about Stones books for Xmas, the 'Altamont' book was discussed, and I see this post:
Because nothing says "Christmas" like Altamont.
LOLthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

There have to be some more great ones out there.

Re: What's The Funniest Post You Have Ever Seen Here?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 7, 2016 23:46

Someone did a mock up story about OnlyStones adventures that was right up there with the best. Also 71Tele had a video posted about Taylor not being invited on tour, it was classic but included some themes that some found offensive and was removed from this site. You can still see it on YouTube.

Strangely the best humor doesn't always translate well to international cultures and often involves a level of cynicism or similar that is bound to offend somebody.

My favorite posts are some of the humor that has a real slow fuse. I read it and think , whatever, that wasn't funny or I don't get it and the next day it hits me and I realize it is not only funny but brilliant.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 7, 2016 23:48

that rockman dude is pretty funny!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 7, 2016 23:51

A few years back, the one about Chuck and his annoying plink-plank sound and the setlist...Plink it Black or Plink You and...well you get the idea..I laughed for a very long time

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 7, 2016 23:54

The photo of Keith on the Tour de France cracked me up.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 7, 2016 23:55

The "1792 tour" thread never fails to put a smile on my face...

About 10 years ago when the Nola taper "Freezer" decided to mess with us it was lots of fun too but in a nasty misanthropic way thta was soemtimes unpleasant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 15:06 by dcba.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 7, 2016 23:56

This one

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 8, 2016 00:46

All the post of Mr. Beetle............grinning smiley

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: December 8, 2016 03:29

Correicas/Jeroen and his endless campaigning in tag on posts a couple of years back for a show at the Ziggodome. Gave me a laugh every time. He should have got an 'A' for effort.

Date: December 8, 2016 10:23

Who was this guy, who up until maybe 2 years ago would always post these zingers. He was kind of sarcastic and jaded about it all, but always very clever and brilliant. He got himself banned for some reason. I think Naturalust might recall.

Date: December 8, 2016 10:49

Turd's posts about his mother-in-law. Priceless stuff! grinning smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 8, 2016 12:06

I love this one: [iorr.org]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 8, 2016 12:19

1792 Tour...YES!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 8, 2016 12:53

keefriff99
The photo of Keith on the Tour de France cracked me up.

Me too

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 14:12

When DP reprimands me... smileys with beer

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: December 8, 2016 14:16

powerage78
When DP reprimands me... smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: December 8, 2016 14:23

I loved Onlystones diary about getting to the LA club gig (in his mind) last year. So well done.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 8, 2016 14:28

Don't know about the funniest but the polemics between HMS and Gaslightstreet is always very entertaining.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:00

The one about the McCartney hater that posted endlessly here some years ago.
Another poster wrote he imagined him being a several hundred pound guy, living in a dark basement, alone with his mother and his Stones T-shirt wearing much too tight on him. I laughed for days.

OnlyStones imaginative trip to the club in LA was also fun.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:07

The "onlystones" imaginative LA private gig was hilariously epic.

I was all for giving him the benefit of the many doubts, right up until he got ahold of the (non-existent) banquet dept. manager... classic tho.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:11

That plexi thing by timbernardis was funny...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:12

I can't set up the joke right, but
on a periscope night where the connection was on/ off/ on/ off
someone rather dry wrote
I just keep sitting here hitting refresh like a poor crack baby
for some reason, I died laughing.
There has been some stellar humor here.
Thank you!!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:16

Not something somebody wrote, but thhe STS Start Me Up video comes to mind instantly:

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:29

HMS Dirty Work schtick is comedy at its best!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: December 8, 2016 16:02

Late bloomer's disappointment that Keith's blue jacket had failed to appear .( Actually quite a lot of comments Keith's clothes 2014 ish

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: December 8, 2016 16:51

OnlyStones wild banquet manager, prostitute n drug filled adventure!....that was a good time.
Not in a funny ha-ha way (for all you Slingblade fans) but in retrospect it is pretty amusing remembering a bunch of posters write how Mick would never go on, and this is the end of the Stones after Lauren's death a few years ago.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 8, 2016 18:34

Does anyone have a date for onlystones party story?
Can't come up with it in my search. He should amount to something in this world!.

Unless, of course, the Trumpster has rubbed him out as "competition."

Re DandelionPowderman, he really does KNOW his stuff when he launches a reprimand!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 8, 2016 18:54

MisterDDDD
The "onlystones" imaginative LA private gig was hilariously epic.

I was all for giving him the benefit of the many doubts, right up until he got ahold of the (non-existent) banquet dept. manager... classic tho.

Same here, but it was very funny anyway. >grinning smiley<

stonesrule
Does anyone have a date for onlystones party story?

You can follow the story on this thread: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 8, 2016 19:36

Palace Revolution 2000
Who was this guy, who up until maybe 2 years ago would always post these zingers. He was kind of sarcastic and jaded about it all, but always very clever and brilliant. He got himself banned for some reason. I think Naturalust might recall.

Possibly Amsterdamned or 71Tele? Here is the DrBryant response to the Onlystones saga that cracks me up:

drbryant
Onlystones told me what happened, and I believe him. In his words:

I knew I didn't have much time, so I called a buddy, who told me that "a powerful friend" had chartered a private jet to San Diego and I was free to join if I could get to nearby Wayne Airfield in 15 minutes. I grabbed my briefcase, which I had filled with unmarked bills in small denominations, and jumped in my Lambo. I knew if I really pushed it, the airfield was still 20 minutes away - I made it in ten. I got on the jet, saw that there were only two passengers, so I picked a seat at the back of the 12-seat jet, placed my briefcase on the seat next to me and was soon sound asleep. I knew that a night of sex, drugs and rock and roll lay ahead, and I wanted to get some rest. I awoke just as we were touching ground in San Diego, and immediately started calling Hertz to get the best sports car they had, when the other passenger turned around and offered me a ride to the city. I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered." For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed "I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!" He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

the club was small. I saw BV. Mick wore black and they played "Crazy Mama" and "I Got the Blues". I cried. The rest is history. I'll try to post more later.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 8, 2016 19:47

Palace Revolution 2000
I really wanted to find another place to quote this post by Ross from the other day, that I think is the funniest thing I have seen here in all my time since the 90's.
In the topic about Stones books for Xmas, the 'Altamont' book was discussed, and I see this post:
Because nothing says "Christmas" like Altamont.
LOLthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

There have to be some more great ones out there.
grinning smiley

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home