Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What makes Ronnie so viable?
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 14, 2016 11:50

keefriff99
Redhotcarpet
Beast
stanlove
Beast
Ronnie's always been naturally skinny and is lucky that hasn't changed as he's got older.

As a rule people are not lucky to be thin and its actually annoying to thin people to hear people claim that. People try to make that claim all the time. I would guess that he and Jagger understand that a fat rock star is not a good look so they do what they have to do so they can stay thin. I am in my 50s and except for health problems everyone I have ever known weighs what they should weigh by how much they exercise and how much they eat.

Its simple. Calories in vs calories out. I don't know why so may people have trouble grasping that.

I doubt Ronnie and Mick do anything with the express purpose of staying slim. For staying healthy, maybe. Either way, they are both fortunate not to have the common problem of middle-age weight gain, which is generally considered to have negative health consequences.

Mick probably has suffered from anorexia all his life. He has to stay thin or else he no longer is Mick Jagger.
Mick isn't just skinny. He has incredible muscle tone. His arms were ripped and striated into his 60s, and he had washboard abs. You DON'T get way accidentally.

He has a naturally ectomorphic body type, but he put in decades of athletic training to stay fit, and from what I've read, he eats like an athlete too. Lots of protein and carbs.
i meant to say he is controlling his food intake and his daily fitness regime and probably always did despite drugs drinks and cigarettes.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 14, 2016 13:58

Go Ronnie you da man smileys with beer

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 14, 2016 15:36

"a naturally ectomorphic body type" is a very general description that only describes the human body in relation to two other types. The fact is that also ectomorphic body types often develop a little belly while otherwise staying slim. One has to dig further into this subject matter to get any answer.

Date: November 14, 2016 15:49

Having speed/coke/crack cocaine as your diet for half of your life will make yous stay slim. After coming off the stuff, I bet Ronnie had to do something to stay fit/slim. He looks more muscular than he did 10-15 years ago.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 14, 2016 16:28

DandelionPowderman
Having speed/coke/crack cocaine as your diet for half of your life will make yous stay slim. After coming off the stuff, I bet Ronnie had to do something to stay fit/slim. He looks more muscular than he did 10-15 years ago.
There's a video of Ronnie meeting fans on the beach in the Middle East from a few years ago, and he was in remarkable shape. Not just skinny, but very toned and defined with a flat, lean stomach.

You can see what coming off stimulants did for Keith's metabolism. He almost immediately started packing on some pounds.

Date: November 14, 2016 18:44

Ronnies arm... I dunno 'bout that black eye of Keiths. Chuck Berry? Yeah whatever. grinning smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 14, 2016 20:31

stanlove
I know for sure Mick does alot to stay thin. he exercises all the time. And i would bet alot of money that Wood does also.

The common problem with middle age weight gain is you body starts burning calories slower and you have to adjust or gain weight. Again i don't know why so many people can't grasp this. Its calories in vs calories out. Just about anyone who wants to stay thin can do it if they make it a goal. Its not hard. Plus just about anyone who doesn't do the right things to stay thin will gain weight. Its not complicated. Its blows my mind that people don't understand this.

I could guess how much someone would weigh just by looking at their food intake and how much they exercise. I have seen it for 50 years. I find it annoying when people act like its all about luck. Its not. If Jagger or Woods spent the next year eating like heavy people do they would gain weight.

stan,we've found something we agree on-and i mean 1000%. it's hard for me to take someone seriously when they are having two cheesburgers,fries,a coke and an apple pie for lunch and they tell me about "luck" and "genetics".
if you work out you can see it in another person with one glance.mick and ronnie are far from "anorexic" they hit the gym,you can see the ab work and the muscle tone in their arms and they probably are runners also

when the microwave oven came along and also the explosion of fast food chains food became something that took no effort.instead of getting hungry and having to cook a meal you can now have something in 3 minutes.
if you look at the crowds at the old concerts like woodstock,monterray,hyde park and even knebworth the people are amazingly thinner than a crowd of same- age people of today,i doubt a humans genetic makeup was any different back then.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 15, 2016 13:52

lem motlow
if you look at the crowds at the old concerts like woodstock,monterray,hyde park and even knebworth the people are amazingly thinner than a crowd of same- age people of today,i doubt a humans genetic makeup was any different back then.

Spot on!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 15, 2016 18:17

noughties
I know he`s younger, but I don`t know how much younger. Just look at the pic at the front of this site. Maybe he`s been very lucky with this picture. We all know he`s called a party animal. That would normally show. He`s slim. He has kept his hair. He appearantly adores his Sally. This couldn`t be better for an agening rocker.

He looks great. Full head of hair likely dyed black in places. I remember Al Jardine (Beach Boys) complaining years ago that he rather be an idiot with a full head of hair.
Can still tolerate chugging down the ciggies but (guessing) much less than he used to. He really looked like the walking dead a few years ago with the alcohol and young Russian girls. It is a testimony to his strong constitution he was able to bounce back. Charlie looks a bit delicate. Back problems?

Mick Jagger works hard at it but I say, Mick, Keith, Ronnie all were blessed w strong constitutions. Micks dad lived to 93. I have relatives who lived to 93 and 94 and smoked for 40 years but gave it up for their last 20-30 years.

"Without the lips, stamina and Puritan ethic of Joe Jagger, who died at the weekend, there would have been no Mick, says Adam Edwards
It may be that the death of 93-year-old Basil Fanshawe Jagger..."

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 15, 2016 18:19

keefriff99
And didn't Charlie have a hair transplant? He had a much more prominent bald spot in the late '70s/early '80s. Let's not pretend these guys aren't all incredibly egotistical, even Charlie.

Sure looks like he had hair transplants over that bald spot. Probably many times over the years.

Date: November 15, 2016 18:37

They also have regular medical chekups with the best doctors. Thats why probably none of them will die from a far too gone cancer spread.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 15, 2016 18:43

Working - Playing

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 15, 2016 18:43

triceratops
noughties
I know he`s younger, but I don`t know how much younger. Just look at the pic at the front of this site. Maybe he`s been very lucky with this picture. We all know he`s called a party animal. That would normally show. He`s slim. He has kept his hair. He appearantly adores his Sally. This couldn`t be better for an agening rocker.

He looks great. Full head of hair likely dyed black in places. I remember Al Jardine (Beach Boys) complaining years ago that he rather be an idiot with a full head of hair.
Can still tolerate chugging down the ciggies but (guessing) much less than he used to. He really looked like the walking dead a few years ago with the alcohol and young Russian girls. It is a testimony to his strong constitution he was able to bounce back. Charlie looks a bit delicate. Back problems?

Mick Jagger works hard at it but I say, Mick, Keith, Ronnie all were blessed w strong constitutions. Micks dad lived to 93. I have relatives who lived to 93 and 94 and smoked for 40 years but gave it up for their last 20-30 years.

"Without the lips, stamina and Puritan ethic of Joe Jagger, who died at the weekend, there would have been no Mick, says Adam Edwards
It may be that the death of 93-year-old Basil Fanshawe Jagger..."
I can't imagine sitting on a drum throne at 75 years old. My back is messed up from sitting at a desk 9 hours a day, and I'm 38. I wouldn't doubt if he's in some pain.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home