Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

one way to help hurricane victims
Date: August 31, 2005 17:28

redcross.org, or 1 800 HELP NOW...
make a donation, it will help

Re: one way to help hurricane victims
Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 31, 2005 17:40

What about the following idea:

If everyone of us could write in RS.com a message stating that The Rolling Stones could / should make a benefit concert in NO, maybe they will notice it and really do it!!!

Any comments about it?

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: August 31, 2005 17:48

New Orleans will not be ready for the Stones for a long time to come! Maybe another large venue near there.
Fred Hardin
SAV/GA
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: August 31, 2005 17:55

They should. Atlanta..Savannah or Macon in Georgia all have places that would work for this. I also wouldn't feel to bad for paying the high prices since it would be for new orleans. THe last time a major us city was basically leveled and the residents homeless and without jobs, etc was Atlanta and Richmond in the Civil War. That town needs help from everyone and the Stones can do more than most.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: August 31, 2005 20:16

Perhaps they can persuade some of the southern acts to participate as well and make it another SARS-stock kind of thing. I'm talking Lynynrd Skynyrd, etc. Kenny Wayne Shepherd is from Louisiana. He'd probably do it.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 31, 2005 23:05

With a disaster this huge, you would think that there will be several benefit concerts. Country stars doing something in Nashville or Memphis, perhaps Hollywood stars doing some type of telethon, etc. Also, it would be good if the Salvation Army or other charitable organizations were allowed to set up donation booths at sporting events like baseball games, NASCAR races, etc.
Before this hurricane occured, I wasn't aware of the geographical situation of New Orleans. I knew where it was geographically, but I never knew it was built literally in a bowl with levees keeping the water from flooding it. I'm actually surprised that the levees have never burst before.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 31, 2005 23:07

YEah but since New Orleans is in The US most Europeans don't give a damn. Sorry but that's the truth.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 31, 2005 23:25

I certainly do not mean this to sound racial, but laughter helps in times of trouble and those people heading to the Astrodome should be treated to some Chris Rock and Eddy Murphy live the night they get there...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 31, 2005 23:59

I think most Europeans are intelligent. And they do care about other people. Whether a disaster is happeningt in Thailand or New Orleans or Africa it is still a disaster and people need help.

Bjornulf

Date: September 1, 2005 16:51

yes! and New Orleans is (was) by far the most European city in America.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home