Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A bigger bang vs Voodo lounge
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: September 1, 2005 11:24

I have to say, now that ive heard the whole album that Infamy wasnt that bad but I think the whole album is, well not better than Voodo lounge. ONNYA is better than anything the last 25 years (She was hot excluded).

Re: A bigger bang vs Voodo lounge
Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: September 1, 2005 11:45

Voodoo is very good but ABB is GREAT.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 1, 2005 11:56

LA FORUM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to say, now that ive heard the whole album
> that Infamy wasnt that bad but I think the whole
> album is, well not better than Voodo lounge. ONNYA
> is better than anything the last 25 years (She was
> hot excluded).
>
> and Ay ay baby it hurts

Uuuuh, that's difficult, LA FORUM. You probably know my opinion about Infamy, but as a whole, A Bigger Bang is not bad at all. In fact I think it's a great album. Comparing it with older albums is difficult at this early stage. There's always the initial enthusiasm, some may say even hysteria once a new album comes out. It's tricky. One has to wait and see if Bigger Bang has a lasting effect. I remember being quite positive when Emotional Rescue, Undercover and Dirty Work came out, but years later I noticed that I rarely listen to these albums in whole, so they obviously did not have this "lasting effect" on me, certain songs I still like or even think they're great aside. I also remember that more recent albums like Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge and Bridges To Babylon were praised in general, but now, years later, a considerable amount of bashing these albums is noticable in Stones forums.

It's too early to judge A Bigger Bang by comparing it to older albums at this early stage when it's still fresh (in fact not even officially released). That said, I'm happy to hear anything new from the band at all, and this may influence my judgement of A Bigger Bang, but all I can say in the moment is that I think it's a good one. Even a great one.

Only time will tell if it stands the test of time compared to older albums.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-01 12:03 by retired_dog.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 1, 2005 17:57

Pfffff. You just know you have a sucking fan-base if they keep saying that all the new stuff is "decent", "not bad" and "OK for a 43 year old band". And the fact that some people actually prefer a boring rocker like "She Was Hot", or a very aged song like "Undercover", to a blistering cool rocker like "Rough Justice", or a cool and dark blues like "Back Of My Hand" (Which is at least just as good, if not better, than almost every blues track they ever did), simply says a lot.

Just my 2 cents.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home