Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Roger Waters "Us & Them" tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 14, 2016 19:34

People, let's be civil here. I'm almost sorry I started the thread. I just put it up for information & there seemed to be some interest. Simple solution: if you like Roger, go to the show. If you don't, fine. It will cut down on the ticket crush. I'm willing to bet that most of the shows on the tour will sell out. I peeked at ticket prices & they don't seem to be out of line at all given that it will be an elaborate production. Note: Roger must be hanging out in Brooklyn some. He has the ladies from Lucius as back up singers. I think they are quite talented. I'm looking forward to the show. I wish I could be in Indio this weekend but I can't. I am most happy I'm going to get to see Roger at least one more time. That will mean I've seen all the bands @ Desert Trip within the last few years except for the Stones. & I saw them in 2012. I thought about going to Vegas but they have priced me out. That's not to say they don't put on an entertaining show but I've seen them well over 20 times dating back to 1978. I hope they tour to support the blues record & actually play a bunch of that material. It would interest me more than another round of the hits. Bless them for staying out there though.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 14, 2016 21:29

Woz
Hairball
whitem8
How do you know he is singing 99 % live? the tour hasn't even started???

Haha I was referring to the Desert Trip show (I was there) and the three others he just played in Mexico.
Watch any of the videos scattered all around youtube and see/hear for yourself. Granted, he's not the greatest vocalist live to begin with, but you gotta give him credit for trying his best.
And on various Pink Floyd fan sites, even the most cynical diehards are applauding his use of live vocals.

Hairball is correct, I was at DT and I didn't detect and lip synching....

Well his singing is quite suspicious here, especially in the beginning : [www.youtube.com]

In better news there is indeed a new album on the way, produced by Nigel Goodrich, hehe...after seeing how he handled Macca in 2005, I'm not sure they'll manage to finish it off ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2016 22:26

gotdablouse
Woz
Hairball
whitem8

Haha I was referring to the Desert Trip show (I was there) and the three others he just played in Mexico.
Watch any of the videos scattered all around youtube and see/hear for yourself. Granted, he's not the greatest vocalist live to begin with, but you gotta give him credit for trying his best.
And on various Pink Floyd fan sites, even the most cynical diehards are applauding his use of live vocals.

Well his singing is quite suspicious here, especially in the beginning : [www.youtube.com]

In better news there is indeed a new album on the way, produced by Nigel Goodrich, hehe...after seeing how he handled Macca in 2005, I'm not sure they'll manage to finish it off ;-)

If you're referring to the giant screen portion that is slightly out of synch compared with the actual live performance, it might appear that way.
But upon closer inspection of the closeup of Roger, it doesn't appear to be the case. And by what he is singing and the way he is singing (lower and off key)
- which is different than the actual recorded original version - can't be the case. But who knows, I've been fooled by those dirty tricksters before...winking smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 14, 2016 22:54

OMG, I can't believe people question whether the vocals are live or not. Bet you wouldn't have the balls to walk up to him and ask him that.

Date: October 14, 2016 23:00

Surprising that no journalist ever has asked him about it. Or Howard Stern. Or any interviewer. Or anybody period.
Must be a clause in the contract: "DO NOT ASK OR EVEN THINK ABOUT BRINGING UP ANYTHING REGARDING VOCALS"

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2016 00:08

Hairball
gotdablouse
Woz
Hairball
whitem8

If you're referring to the giant screen portion that is slightly out of synch compared with the actual live performance, it might appear that way.
But upon closer inspection of the closeup of Roger, it doesn't appear to be the case. And by what he is singing and the way he is singing (lower and off key)
- which is different than the actual recorded original version - can't be the case. But who knows, I've been fooled by those dirty tricksters before...winking smiley

Yeah I realize there might be a synching issue between the screen and the sound, although it was filmed from the front, but the voice sounds *off*...it's been shot since KAOS, thirty years ago, by what miracle would it be 10x better now. Well I suppose that as long as it's not distracting but I'm not paying for it again, The Wall was enough in 2013.

Besides I'm seeing a slight contradiction between the "real" Waters, the Rockstar with a conscience, and the mega shows he puts on these days, would Lennon be doing the same?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 15, 2016 00:22

roller99
OMG, I can't believe people question whether the vocals are live or not. Bet you wouldn't have the balls to walk up to him and ask him that.
I called David Coverdale from Whitesnake out on Twitter for lip syncing (a big early Whitesnake fan here, so it came from love) and he personally fired back at me and told me to stop looking for shit that wasn't there. He was clearly lip syncing and wouldn't admit it. Of course, I caved and replied to him that I love him and whatever he says lol!

Date: October 15, 2016 00:27

Takes a lot of balls to call someone out on line....

Date: October 15, 2016 00:54

roller99
Well he doesn't walk around amongst regular humans!

I was just bringing up a time I brought it up to an artist. Not saying I had balls or anything. Its just what I thought about when you said people questioning it. You're right, I wouldn't say it to his face.

Date: October 15, 2016 00:58

gotdablouse
Hairball
gotdablouse
Woz
Hairball
whitem8

Yeah I realize there might be a synching issue between the screen and the sound, although it was filmed from the front, but the voice sounds *off*...it's been shot since KAOS, thirty years ago, by what miracle would it be 10x better now. Well I suppose that as long as it's not distracting but I'm not paying for it again, The Wall was enough in 2013.

Besides I'm seeing a slight contradiction between the "real" Waters, the Rockstar with a conscience, and the mega shows he puts on these days, would Lennon be doing the same?

Not so sure about his voice being '10x better now' - to me it sounds weak, vulnerable, craggy, feable, out of key,
and basically that of an old dude who could never really sing that great in the fist place. If he's using that as a recording to lip synch to, I'd question his sanity.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 01:20

Just got 2 tickets for the Vancouver show today, $590 CDN including parking below Rogers Arena. Clubseat Canucks season ticket holders had the chance to get them today.
Looking at the tour dates, there are a couple large gaps between some shows. I wonder if it's for the possibility of adding second nights?

Date: October 15, 2016 04:00

RollingFreak
roller99
Well he doesn't walk around amongst regular humans!

I was just bringing up a time I brought it up to an artist. Not saying I had balls or anything. Its just what I thought about when you said people questioning it. You're right, I wouldn't say it to his face.

Actually he does.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 15, 2016 06:02

Well, based on what I saw at Desert Trip if you ever loved Floyd this tour is going to be fantastic.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 15, 2016 07:21

I hope he adds a Buffalo date. I'm surprised he isn't doing any stadium shows.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 15, 2016 17:15

HankM
GasLightStreet

Get a life loser

Don't be redundant, winner.

Date: October 16, 2016 22:39

RollingFreak
roller99
I called David Coverdale from Whitesnake out on Twitter for lip syncing (a big early Whitesnake fan here, so it came from love) and he personally fired back at me and told me to stop looking for shit that wasn't there. He was clearly lip syncing and wouldn't admit it. Of course, I caved and replied to him that I love him and whatever he says lol!

what year was it? doug aldrich and another band member cover a lot of his vocals

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 16, 2016 23:08

do we need four guitars on Pigs ?
video: [www.youtube.com]

the sound and live show is impressive, but to this day no one topped David Gilmour playing, imo.

Date: October 17, 2016 00:16

djgab
do we need four guitars on Pigs ?
video: [www.youtube.com]

the sound and live show is impressive, but to this day no one topped David Gilmour playing, imo.

Agreed.
It takes a whole village to fill Gilmour's shoes, and even then it's not enough.

Date: October 17, 2016 00:22

i listened to 1 of the mexico city shows yesterday. amazing.

Date: October 17, 2016 04:22

keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak
roller99

what year was it? doug aldrich and another band member cover a lot of his vocals
Earlier this year. No Doug Aldrich anymore sadly, because they made excellent music together (despite the laughs that might elicit from Whitesnake in the 2000s). Again, I don't really care that much even though it makes me sad but at least own up to it. David Coverdale does a very recognizable scream as you can see in the last 15 seconds of this video. There are 3 screams, he only opens his mouth for two of them:

[www.youtube.com]

No one else in the band does that, that is Coverdale. It may very well JUST be those screams that are pre-recorded, but I tweeted it and the guitarist (and then Coverdale) refused to acknowledge it even though its clear as day. Again, I adore this band in their early years. I firmly believe they are one of the most underrated blues rock bands out there that made great music. But at least own up to it when you're caught. Waters does (or at least has @#$%& up and not then denied it) and I find that easier to stomach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-17 06:57 by RollingFreak.

Date: October 17, 2016 06:35

RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak
roller99

Earlier this year. No Doug Aldrich anymore sadly, because they made excellent music together (despite the laughs that might elicit from Whitesnake in the 2000s). Again, I don't really care that much even though it makes me sad but at least own up to it. David Coverdale does a very recognizable scream as you can see in the 15 seconds of this video. There are 3 screams, he only opens his mouth for two of them:

[www.youtube.com]

No one else in the band does that, that is Coverdale. It may very well JUST be those screams that are pre-recorded, but I tweeted it and the guitarist (and then Coverdale) refused to acknowledge it even though its clear as day. Again, I adore this band in their early years. I firmly believe they are one of the most underrated blues rock bands out there that made great music. But at least own up to it when you're caught. Waters does (or at least has @#$%& up and not then denied it) and I find that easier to stomach.

yeah that looks pretty obvious. I saw them years ago with doug and my friends kept saying coverdale wasn't singing but I kept pointing to doug and someone else in the band covering up for david and that it sounds live to me

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 17, 2016 13:42

[www.youtube.com] Q , which one is Pink ? A , Roger Waters !!!!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 17, 2016 14:26

Wouldn´t it be nice if Mick Taylor would play in Roger´s touring band?

Date: October 18, 2016 05:58

HMS
Wouldn´t it be nice if Mick Taylor would play in Roger´s touring band?

Better if he joined the Stones touring band! D'oh! grinning smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 19, 2016 00:56

Politics aside and all, from everything I've read and heard Roger's a dlck. Full of bitterness and negativity. Okay, your daddy died in a war...sorry about that, time to move on.

Date: October 19, 2016 01:26

shadooby
Politics aside and all, from everything I've read and heard Roger's a dlck. Full of bitterness and negativity. Okay, your daddy died in a war...sorry about that, time to move on.

Evidently he has moved on.
Even during the Wall shows a few years ago when there was a projection of him playing Mother from 1981, he'd comment: "there's the young, bitter, nasty and f*cked up old me".

He might still have a chip on his shoulder, but when your Dad is killed during a war it's not so easy to simply 'move on'.
I lost my dad to a violent act when I was 12 and it will never completely go away, but life goes on.
Unless you've experienced something similar, maybe best not to downplay or belittle how someone deals with a tragedy.

Date: October 19, 2016 07:49

Yes, from what I've heard he is pretty bitter, and a bit dickish. I mean, thats fine with me, I'm not trying to meet him or anything. But definitely of the four he seemed the least personable and very opinionated. Gilmour, on the other hand, seems like he'd be really nice. I can see why they had trouble with him, although then again most of his solo band members have been with him forever so maybe he's a good boss? Either way, I tend to look past the politics and what I presume his behavior is because in the end he wrote a bulk of the music I love, and the shows I've seen from him I've walked away feeling very happy he did them. Take that for what you will.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 19, 2016 22:15

Waters Desert Trip concert (my first "PF" show) totally blew me away and I will definitely go see him again on his new tour.

Don't know if any of it was pre-recorded, but for all 6 acts at Desert Trip, there was a slight delay on the video from the sound.

Date: October 21, 2016 10:14

i scored really great seats for Seattle on the presale. not the highest price level but i can't really do the floor (can't stand for a whole show). these are section back on the side a little bit up. i figure with the usual epic scale of a roger show it will be good so i can take the whole thing in. $150, not cheap but not out of line.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 21, 2016 14:51

The Sicilian
I hope he adds a Buffalo date. I'm surprised he isn't doing any stadium shows.

If he follows his previous patterns he'll do arenas in the US, the go elsewhere the world and then back to the US in summer 2018 to do stadiums and secondary market arenas in tandem.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1182
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home