Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Roger Waters "Us & Them" tour
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 13, 2016 21:46

Integrity , that is why there is no more Pink Floyd period .The four of them (Gilmour, Mason, Waters, and Wright were ARTISTS not just cashing multi gazzilion $ checks .

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 13, 2016 22:04

Hairball
whitem8
How do you know he is singing 99 % live? the tour hasn't even started???

Haha I was referring to the Desert Trip show (I was there) and the three others he just played in Mexico.
Watch any of the videos scattered all around youtube and see/hear for yourself. Granted, he's not the greatest vocalist live to begin with, but you gotta give him credit for trying his best.
And on various Pink Floyd fan sites, even the most cynical diehards are applauding his use of live vocals.

Thanks for the backup, Hairball! I am really looking forward to this tour. I got to meet Roger once when he was on the Radio KAOS tour. He was nice to me but I think he is in a far better place now.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 13, 2016 23:09

Hairball
whitem8
How do you know he is singing 99 % live? the tour hasn't even started???

Haha I was referring to the Desert Trip show (I was there) and the three others he just played in Mexico.
Watch any of the videos scattered all around youtube and see/hear for yourself. Granted, he's not the greatest vocalist live to begin with, but you gotta give him credit for trying his best.
And on various Pink Floyd fan sites, even the most cynical diehards are applauding his use of live vocals.

Hairball is correct, I was at DT and I didn't detect and lip synching....

Date: October 14, 2016 06:11

i might check this out. tickets $100+?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 14, 2016 06:20

TheGreek
Integrity , that is why there is no more Pink Floyd period .The four of them (Gilmour, Mason, Waters, and Wright were ARTISTS not just cashing multi gazzilion $ checks .
Absolutely, and there shouldn't be. It was the four of them, and five with Syd as their Brian Jones. I never followed post Waters Floyd (although I'll admit that The Final Cut is a favorite of mine even without Wright. I kinda chalk it up to just being a solo Waters album with the perfect amount of Gilmour). When Wright died there's no way to reunite, period. I just think it would be cool if Waters and Gilmour did a short tour. I know why they don't, mainly I'm assuming cause of Gilmour who doesn't seem to love touring and also likes to do new stuff not JUST the oldies. But a short 10 date tour would be incredible to see the two of them. Waters alone is still great, but after once or twice you've basically seen what he can do. He's missing Gilmour mainly cause David sang so much of the material, and obviously that guitar.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2016 06:38

Then again Gilmour's solo musical output which is co-written with his wife leaves alot to be desired.
Either it's really bland with cheesy lyrics, or it's trying too hard to sound like Pink Floyd - with cheesy lyrics.

He is a great singer and guitar player no doubt, but during his concerts he plays a large amount of classic '70's Pink Floyd tunes - most of which were written solely by Roger Waters (words an music).

From their promotional advertisements for their solo shows:

"David Gilmour - the voice and guitar of Pink Floyd"

"Roger Waters - the creative genius of Pink Floyd"

I saw three of Gilmours latest shows, and that was more than enough.
I also saw two of the On an Island shows in '06 (?), and was graced by the presence of Rick Wright, but two was enough.

On the other hand, Rogers shows can be seen multiple times as there's always something new to see and experience.
While his backing band can't 100% replicate or replace Gilmour and Wright, they are more than adequate - all of them well seasoned musicians.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 06:46 by Hairball.

Date: October 14, 2016 07:01

Its good and fine as it is. They're both missing something. Waters solo material misses great music, Gilmour's misses great lyrics. Live, Gilmour plays the songs great without their creator and Roger plays his songs wonderfully, without its voice or guitar. There's really no need to see either live more than once a tour, or twice in total IMO.

Had I not seen Roger's Dark Side show, I'd be seeing this tour if its anything remotely like Desert Trip. Thats pretty much the perfect setlist. Can't really justify it since I have, and saw The Wall, but its a great setlist. Gilmour, as good as he is, I've always come up with a reason not to go. Last time in 06, I said it was cause I was seeing Waters and I couldn't afford both and Roger was doing Dark Side (with Nick Mason to boot). This time, Gilmour was playing huge places for a big price, and I just couldn't pull it. I would have paid those prices for a theater, but for MSG it was a bit much. I think I've missed out not seeing him, but overall I just find it easier to see Roger without Gilmour than Gilmour without Roger. You NEED David's guitar, but there's something strange to me without Roger there, even though many of them are David's songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 07:07 by RollingFreak.

Date: October 14, 2016 07:15

RollingFreak
Its good and fine as it is. They're both missing something. Waters solo material misses great music, Gilmour's misses great lyrics. Live, Gilmour plays the songs great without their creator and Roger plays his songs wonderfully, without its voice or guitar. There's really no need to see either live more than once a tour, or twice in total IMO.

Had I not seen Roger's Dark Side show, I'd be seeing this tour if its anything remotely like Desert Trip. Thats pretty much the perfect setlist. Can't really justify it since I have, and saw The Wall, but its a great setlist. Gilmour, as good as he is, I've always come up with a reason not to go. Last time in 06, I said it was cause I was seeing Waters and I couldn't afford both and Roger was doing Dark Side (with Nick Mason to boot). This time, Gilmour was playing huge places for a big price, and I just couldn't pull it. I would have paid those prices for a theater, but for MSG it was a bit much. I think I've missed out not seeing him, but overall I just find it easier to see Roger without Gilmour than Gilmour without Roger. You NEED David's guitar, but there's something strange to me without Roger there, even though many of them are David's songs.

Regarding your first paragraph - yes for the most part, but as a visual artist there's plenty of reasons to see his shows more than once or twice imo. They're always spectacular and monumental, with many layers to absorb. As for the rest of your post, I would agree fully except that many/most of the Pink Floyd songs David plays are Rogers, while most all of Davids songs are half his and half his wifes lol.

Let me put it this way...

After seeing The Wall twice in 1980, the bar was set so high for that it was impossible to settle for anything less. From that point forward on, none of it matters (except The Final Cut which is indeed a Roger 'solo album' for the most part with a minor sprinkling of Gilmour). I never saw 'Pink Floyd' after Roger left the band, because their studio albums were a shadow of the former greatness - due in large part to the inferior songwriting. Or as Roger called them at the time, "a clever forgery". Sure it might have been a great spectacle, but a majority of those shows relied on the classic Floyd tunes written in large part by Roger. And alot of the visuals and effects for those shows were originally conceived by Roger. On the other hand, Rogers solo albums have also left alot to be desired, and no matter who he has guesting on them (Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, etc), they fall somewhat short one way or another. Either too esoteric and incohesive conceptually, or just plain odd from a musical standpoint (although I do love Amused to Death) His recent Wall shows may have been spectacular visually, but one couldn't help but think of the missing Gilmour vocals and guitars - no matter how 'well seasoned' his backup band is. So the final analysis is - it's a big conundrum that will never be solved. One is less without the other, and there will never be a reunited Pink Floyd for a variety of reasons. Might as well enjoy what each has to offer on their own terms, and while neither will be up to snuff, it's better than nothing. Personally, I prefer Roger - "the creative genius of Pink Floyd".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 07:19 by Hairball.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 14, 2016 07:34

whitem8
I am very disappointed with Roger. The fact he was using pre-recorded vocals on his last tour, and had someone else singing Fearless, which was a Gilmour song... Just seems like he is coasting. And if he can't sing the songs, what's the point. Compared to seeing Gilmour live, he sounded amazing! Played incredibly and sang better than he did in the 70s (where he was often out of tune).

I agree 100%. I think that every artist who sells tickets to an event advertised as being PERFORMED LIVE should be required to disclose if ANY part of the performance was recorded earlier and played back OR if any part of the sounds are being performed by a person not easily seen on stage (OR if any other "tricks were used) at the supposed live performance to reinforce the live performance

To do not disclose to ticket buyers that trickery was used at a LIVE performances is fraud.

I thought Australia had passed a law about this back in 2009 but I can not find anything other than threats of that law. [www.google.com]

I dont know all the ins and outs or how long this crap has been going on but I understand it has been happening for a long long time, especially on TV. But if it is on TV and no one is paying for a ticket to a live EVENT then it is basically an advertisement for the band, so it is not as bad (maybe). At least it is not as bad as David Lee Roth or Ozzi Osborne and others having a singer offstage making them sound good, or a guitar or keyboard player under the stage.

I think I have seen shenanigans at live shows that I am quite sure were tricks, but I did my best to ignore them and enjoy the "show". But over time it has caused me to buy fewer and fewer tickets to live concerts.

If an artist does not feel comfortable of confident of being able to perform 100% of the material without using recorded tracks, hidden singers or utilizing other tricks then maybe they should not be selling tickets.

Date: October 14, 2016 07:52

True enough HankM, all that bullshit is unforgiveable.

But as was later posted, his singing/performance at Desert Trip (and the Mexico City shows) were all done live. Just one listen via youtube vids and it's obvious...he sings live, out of tune, warts and all.

As for hiding under the stage, the rumour during the Licks tour was that Blondie was under it covering for Keiths mistakes. smiling smiley

Date: October 14, 2016 07:57

Hairball
RollingFreak

Regarding your first paragraph - yes for the most part, but as a visual artist there's plenty of reasons to see his shows more than once or twice imo. They're always spectacular and monumental, with many layers to absorb. As for the rest of your post, I would agree fully except that many/most of the Pink Floyd songs David plays are Rogers, while most all of Davids songs are half his and half his wifes lol.

Let me put it this way...

After seeing The Wall twice in 1980, the bar was set so high for that it was impossible to settle for anything less. From that point forward on, none of it matters (except The Final Cut which is indeed a Roger 'solo album' for the most part with a minor sprinkling of Gilmour). I never saw 'Pink Floyd' after Roger left the band, because their studio albums were a shadow of the former greatness - due in large part to the inferior songwriting. Or as Roger called them at the time, "a clever forgery". Sure it might have been a great spectacle, but a majority of those shows relied on the classic Floyd tunes written in large part by Roger. And alot of the visuals and effects for those shows were originally conceived by Roger. On the other hand, Rogers solo albums have also left alot to be desired, and no matter who he has guesting on them (Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, etc), they fall somewhat short one way or another. Either too esoteric and incohesive conceptually, or just plain odd from a musical standpoint (although I do love Amused to Death) His recent Wall shows may have been spectacular visually, but one couldn't help but think of the missing Gilmour vocals and guitars - no matter how 'well seasoned' his backup band is. So the final analysis is - it's a big conundrum that will never be solved. One is less without the other, and there will never be a reunited Pink Floyd for a variety of reasons. Might as well enjoy what each has to offer on their own terms, and while neither will be up to snuff, it's better than nothing. Personally, I prefer Roger - "the creative genius of Pink Floyd".

Agreed. I've always been a Roger guy (hence why I saw him in 06 over Gilmour), although over the years I've grown more fond of Gilmour. Not that I didn't already love him, but I rediscovered a lot of stuff. Stuff like Fat Old Sun, that I never really gave the time of day and now adore. Its easy to forget how integral he was to that band. Again, always loved him, but I was so blinded for several years by Waters just being the one that conceived everything that I forgot how great Gilmour's guitar was, and how much he too contributed. Kind of got hammered home hearing his solo albums and I was like "THERE'S that guitar" which was refreshing to hear again. I was very much team Roger for awhile and later realized there are no teams.

In the end, I've been in a Floyd kick the last week and now I'm sitting here crying watching the video of Gilmour guesting on Comfortably Numb at Roger's show back in 2011. I'd love to see that for myself, but in the end between that and Live 8 they've given fans closure. Similar a bit to the Mick Taylor thing. Kinda something you thought would never happen, and it shouldn't mean that much. But damn there was something special between those two.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 14, 2016 08:02

I've never heard any rumors about David Lee Roth using offstage vocal help. I saw Van Halen last summer and it sounded like 100% DLR to me.

Even though his upper register is completely shot due to age and cigarette smoking, it had that unmistakable DLR charisma, which I can appreciate on some level. People give him a lot of grief for his live performances, but he kinda makes up for it with his larger than life personality that oozes out even when he can't hit the notes.

Date: October 14, 2016 08:18

Never heard of Roth getting offstage help either, but when he's not yelling out of key, he's either hitting himself in the face with a baton...

Roth

or falling onstage (at 1:20)

Roth2

winking smiley

Date: October 14, 2016 08:32

Hairball

But as was later posted, his singing/performance at Desert Trip (and the Mexico City shows) were all done live. Just one listen via youtube vids and it's obvious...he sings live, out of tune, warts and all.

As for hiding under the stage, the rumour during the Licks tour was that Blondie was under it covering for Keiths mistakes. smiling smiley

I am nor sure what Roger does these days, I was less commenting on him and more commenting about the current sad state of live music. I think all live performances will be tainted by this issue until it becomes more common for (one of) the main people on stage to proudly proclaim something like "EVERY SOUND YOU HEARD TONIGHT WAS PLAYED BY SOMEONE YOU SEE ON THIS STAGE".

The truth is like the sun, they can shut it out for awhile but it aint going away.

Eventually the facts come out that bands like U2, Ozzy, etc etc etc and I guess maybe even the Stones "faked it" at a live shows (and then later fake it even more when they "fix up" a live performance to sell it).

U2 [www.google.com]

Ozzy [www.google.com]

Funny picture of a fake wall of amps [1.bp.blogspot.com] COOL!!! LOOK AT THAT STACK OF MARSHALLS!!

As I said, I guess faking it is done by a lot of (more and more) live acts. And I guess they can do whatever they want, but the big acts have gotten less and less of my money in recent years as I started to notice the tricks and be disappointed.

Back in my concert heyday 25 years ago I would see everyone and usually always have very close viewing and I loved the part where I could see their fingers on the strings, sticks on the drums, veins in their throats and hear it a split second later. It still brings a smile to my face.

These days I am more of a fan of small gigs and bands, even crappy cover bands. A month or so ago a friend of mine and I went to this small gig and the band was having some issues that night. At one point my friend yelled over to me "These guy are making a lot of mistakes" and I smiled and replied yelled back to him "YEAH AND I LOVE IT!!" ""THAT IS REAL ROCK AND ROLL!!!" and he just rolled his eyes at me

Date: October 14, 2016 08:48

A part of me died inside when I found out here that Daltrey's Won't Get Fooled Again scream is now pre-recorded.

Date: October 14, 2016 08:59

HankM
Hairball

I am nor sure what Roger does these days, I was less commenting on him and more commenting about the current sad state of live music. I think all live performances will be tainted by this issue until it becomes more common for (one of) the main people on stage to proudly proclaim something like "EVERY SOUND YOU HEARD TONIGHT WAS PLAYED BY SOMEONE YOU SEE ON THIS STAGE".

The truth is like the sun, they can shut it out for awhile but it aint going away.

Eventually the facts come out that bands like U2, Ozzy, etc etc etc and I guess maybe even the Stones "faked it" at a live shows (and then later fake it even more when they "fix up" a live performance to sell it).

U2 [www.google.com]

Ozzy [www.google.com]

Funny picture of a fake wall of amps [1.bp.blogspot.com] COOL!!! LOOK AT THAT STACK OF MARSHALLS!!

As I said, I guess faking it is done by a lot of (more and more) live acts. And I guess they can do whatever they want, but the big acts have gotten less and less of my money in recent years as I started to notice the tricks and be disappointed.

Back in my concert heyday 25 years ago I would see everyone and usually always have very close viewing and I loved the part where I could see their fingers on the strings, sticks on the drums, veins in their throats and hear it a split second later. It still brings a smile to my face.

These days I am more of a fan of small gigs and bands, even crappy cover bands. A month or so ago a friend of mine and I went to this small gig and the band was having some issues that night. At one point my friend yelled over to me "These guy are making a lot of mistakes" and I smiled and replied yelled back to him "YEAH AND I LOVE IT!!" ""THAT IS REAL ROCK AND ROLL!!!" and he just rolled his eyes at me

how is U2 faking it and hiding people when they introduce terry lawless, usually multiple times, at the shows. terry has stated tons of times he doesn't want to be onstage with the rest of U2 because U2 is those 4 guys and he is a touring musician for them.

Date: October 14, 2016 09:14

RollingFreak
A part of me died inside when I found out here that Daltrey's Won't Get Fooled Again scream is now pre-recorded.

sad smiley
I guess at some point it was decided that it is OK for big time concerts to be partially a "play". Like a Broadway show/stage play. And I guess if people are still packing in to stadiums and arenas then maybe it is OK... for them.

I dont know.

I think I liked life better when I did not know what Ignorance is bliss meant.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 14, 2016 09:25

keefriff99
I've never heard any rumors about David Lee Roth using offstage vocal help. I saw Van Halen last summer and it sounded like 100% DLR to me.

Even though his upper register is completely shot due to age and cigarette smoking, it had that unmistakable DLR charisma, which I can appreciate on some level. People give him a lot of grief for his live performances, but he kinda makes up for it with his larger than life personality that oozes out even when he can't hit the notes.

I've never heard of this either. They do use either pre-recorded keyboards for Jump or they have a player offstage. If anything, VH fans complain about his voice! I wish he would just sing the songs like on the album and not butcher a song like Dance The Night Away. They need to bring back Mike Anthony for the high harmony vocals, put Wolfie on rhytmn guitar.
I've seen DLR more than any other singer/band: 81,82,84,07,12 with VH and 86,88,91,95,03 solo.

Roger's final announced show of this tour is in Vancouver so I think I'll be going. Top tickets are $250 plus all the usual service charges/fees. All these bands putting tickets on sale a year in advance, just think how much they or the promotors are making in interest! Coldplay is also coming to Van but not til next September so that's almost a year away too.

Date: October 14, 2016 09:48

Maybe these people are not being truthful, but maybe they are. I dont know them and I can not vouch for them. But I read this article and other articles about this. Read at your own risk, IGNORANCE IS BLISS and you may not like what you read, even if it is not true.

Inside the Strange, Hidden World of Offstage Touring Musicians
[www.laweekly.com]

Tuggle played most of the Eat 'em and Smile sets offstage. He’d sing the high, Michael Anthony background vocals when Roth and his virtuosic new solo band, which included guitarist Steve Vai, bassist Billy Sheehan and drummer Gregg Bissonette, played Van Halen hits such as “Panama.”

Mason called Sharon back to let her know he wanted the job. A few weeks later, he was in Stockholm for his first soundcheck, looking at “the big black tent.” He doesn’t remember being told before then that he’d actually be doing his singing offstage.

Gene Simmons was not into it," he says with a laugh. "He didn’t want that guy up there.” No, Gene Simmons did not, as Gary Corbett can tell you with a good-natured laugh. Corbett did offstage keyboards and background vocals on Kiss tours promoting late-'80s and early-'90s LPs Crazy Nights, Hot in the Shade and Revenge.

Date: October 14, 2016 10:11

HankM
Maybe these people are not being truthful, but maybe they are. I dont know them and I can not vouch for them. But I read this article and other articles about this. Read at your own risk, IGNORANCE IS BLISS and you may not like what you read, even if it is not true.

[www.laweekly.com]

Tuggle played most of the Eat 'em and Smile sets offstage. He’d sing the high, Michael Anthony background vocals when Roth and his virtuosic new solo band, which included guitarist Steve Vai, bassist Billy Sheehan and drummer Gregg Bissonette, played Van Halen hits such as “Panama.”

Mason called Sharon back to let her know he wanted the job. A few weeks later, he was in Stockholm for his first soundcheck, looking at “the big black tent.” He doesn’t remember being told before then that he’d actually be doing his singing offstage.

Gene Simmons was not into it," he says with a laugh. "He didn’t want that guy up there.” No, Gene Simmons did not, as Gary Corbett can tell you with a good-natured laugh. Corbett did offstage keyboards and background vocals on Kiss tours promoting late-'80s and early-'90s LPs Crazy Nights, Hot in the Shade and Revenge.

whats there to be truthful or not about? all of this is pretty known in rock circles. tuggle isn't singing DLR parts to songs. he's singing backing vocals.he also played on stage some

terry lawless is credited on every U2 tour and concert release

I believe the tour mason did the harmony and backing vocals for were because zakk wylde wasn't there because he had done all of the backing vocals since the late 80's.

please stop acting like the stones don't use loops or hidden musicians. its clear at times during the show they do. every band that plays big places and tries to replicate complex songs do this.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 14, 2016 10:28

Roger Waters performance was one of the highlights of Desert Trip. I completely
forgot to look for any lip sync clues. So if he was lip syncing - then it wasn't obvious. He shares his political views regarding Israel though which, in my
opinion, is not appropriate at a rock concert. There was a young man directly
In front of me, who came all the way from Israel, for the show who was very offended.

Date: October 14, 2016 11:15

keefriffhard4life
HankM

[www.laweekly.com]

whats there to be truthful or not about? all of this is pretty known in rock circles. tuggle isn't singing DLR parts to songs. he's singing backing vocals.he also played on stage some

I believe the tour mason did the harmony and backing vocals for were because zakk wylde wasn't there because he had done all of the backing vocals since the late 80's.

please stop acting like the stones don't use loops or hidden musicians. its clear at times during the show they do. every band that plays big places and tries to replicate complex songs do this.

please stop acting like I was talking to you. you are way too confrontational to deal with.

I was replying to what was said above- keefriff99- I've never heard any rumors about David Lee Roth using offstage vocal help. I saw Van Halen last summer and it sounded like 100% DLR to me.

Date: October 14, 2016 11:27

HankM
keefriffhard4life
HankM

[www.laweekly.com]

please stop acting like I was talking to you. you are way too confrontational to deal with.

I was replying to what was said above- keefriff99- I've never heard any rumors about David Lee Roth using offstage vocal help. I saw Van Halen last summer and it sounded like 100% DLR to me.

its because your original post made it sound as if someone is off stage singing the actual DLR vocal part. keefriff99 also clearly mentioned it was a show last summer and this article refers to DLR's backing band from about 30 years ago and just by the post I can tell keefriff99 is talking abouty the lead vocals

as far as me being confrontational? your original post was open season to anyone on this forum when you claimed people are frauds and should disclose everything yet I have never seen any such disclosure as a stone gig I've attended when drum loops are used, acoustic guitars are present yet no one on stage is holding an acoustic guitar, etc

I'd also like to point out the stones themselves use the same things to help them sound good, they are just standing behind the band usually instead of off stage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 11:29 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: October 14, 2016 11:48

keefriffhard4life
HankM
keefriffhard4life
HankM

[www.laweekly.com]

its because your original post made it sound as if someone is off stage singing the actual DLR vocal part. keefriff99 also clearly mentioned it was a show last summer and this article refers to DLR's backing band from about 30 years ago and just by the post I can tell keefriff99 is talking abouty the lead vocals

as far as me being confrontational? your original post was open season to anyone on this forum when you claimed people are frauds and should disclose everything yet I have never seen any such disclosure as a stone gig I've attended when drum loops are used, acoustic guitars are present yet no one on stage is holding an acoustic guitar, etc

I never said the Stones did or did not do this stuff.

I said -
I think that every artist who sells tickets to an event advertised as being PERFORMED LIVE should be required to disclose if ANY part of the performance was recorded earlier and played back OR if any part of the sounds are being performed by a person not easily seen on stage (OR if any other "tricks were used) at the supposed live performance to reinforce the live performance.

To do not disclose to ticket buyers that trickery was used at a LIVE performances is fraud.

That is what I think and I could not care less what you think.

I typically post and move along and if/when I dont agree with someone (especially a known troublemaker) I usually do not waste my time trying to change their mind. I might post my different opinion in the thread but typically not directed at anyone.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 14, 2016 17:38

Waters gets to record the Pink Floyd songs all over again - that's probably why he does these tours.

Then he gets to go out and mime to studio recorded vocals.

Weeeeeee.

U2 have never "lied" about their show and having someone under the stage help out.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 14, 2016 18:38

lol the Stones have Tim, Chuck, and Matt available on keyboards to create any possible sound live that they would ever need.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 14, 2016 18:48

HankM
keefriffhard4life
HankM
keefriffhard4life
HankM

[www.laweekly.com]

I never said the Stones did or did not do this stuff.

I said -
I think that every artist who sells tickets to an event advertised as being PERFORMED LIVE should be required to disclose if ANY part of the performance was recorded earlier and played back OR if any part of the sounds are being performed by a person not easily seen on stage (OR if any other "tricks were used) at the supposed live performance to reinforce the live performance.

That is what I think and I could not care less what you think.

I typically post and move along and if/when I dont agree with someone (especially a known troublemaker) I usually do not waste my time trying to change their mind. I might post my different opinion in the thread but typically not directed at anyone.

First off, you say "Maybe these people are not being truthful, but maybe they are."

That's redundant. "Maybe" means it could or couldn't. "It may rain today" implies it might not rain today.

And then you say "I never said the Stones did or did not do this stuff." That's redundant as well. If you 'never said' the Stones 'did not do this stuff' then why are you saying that instead of just saying "I never said the Stones do this stuff"? That's as bad as those weathercasters saying the storm's potential has the potential to... just total gibberish.

But the worst part of what you've said?

When you whined out "every artist who sells tickets to an event advertised as being PERFORMED LIVE should be required to disclose if ANY part of the performance was recorded earlier and played back OR if any part of the sounds are being performed by a person not easily seen on stage"?

It sounds like HMS; complete bunk; such sad hurt little feelings about nothing that matters at all.

Date: October 14, 2016 19:06

One things for sure - Neil Young, whether solo or with full backing band - will NEVER pull this crap!!!
Be it Desert Trip in front of apprx. 100,000 , or at the Fox Theater in Pomona with apprx. 1700 in attendance...what you see is what you get, 100% LIVE...no more, no less.
And if Neil hits a bum note on the guitar (which happens often), he takes it as an opportunity to improvise by twisting and coaxing back to life (similar to what Hendrix might have done).
Amidst all the rawness, distortion, and feedback - there's a beauty that lies within, and that beauty and eemotion comes fully through when witnessing a Master staying true to his art.
All the phonies need to get real...literally.

Date: October 14, 2016 19:21

GasLightStreet

Get a life loser

Date: October 14, 2016 19:24

Hairball
One things for sure - Neil Young, whether solo or with full backing band - will NEVER pull this crap!!!
Be it Desert Trip in front of apprx. 100,000 , or at the Fox Theater in Pomona with apprx. 1700 in attendance...what you see is what you get, 100% LIVE...no more, no less.
And if Neil hits a bum note on the guitar (which happens often), he takes it as an opportunity to improvise by twisting and coaxing back to life (similar to what Hendrix might have done).
Amidst all the rawness, distortion, and feedback - there's a beauty that lies within, and that beauty and eemotion comes fully through when witnessing a Master staying true to his art.
All the phonies need to get real...literally.

thumbs up

Neil Young is truly one of the greats and I would bet money he has never felt the need to use extra tricks to try to sound better live in concert. I have seen him many many times, including the "weird" tours, and he is the real McCoy.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1302
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home