Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 9, 2016 06:43

When the prices fell to $450 ($578 with fees at Stubhub), I finally couldn't resist. I backed out of some work obligations and jumped in the car - traffic out of LA was bad. It took me 3.5 hours to get there. When I did, the Temporary distribution center that Stubhub set up at the Hyatt Regency hotel was highly organized (must have been 7 people checking ID's etc. - they actually work for their fees; I am not sure other broker sites could organize a last minute ticket distribution center like that. but was dealing with a ton of buyers. It must have taken 15 minutes in line to get my ticket.

That was a breeze compared to what was going on at the venue. Traffic was an absolute mess, and it was very difficult to figure out where to go. Parking was very far from the venue - I felt sympathy for the senior citizens struggling to walk the mile or so to get to the venue. Inside the venue, things were a bit chaotic. The floor was massive, with the stands very far from the stage (worse than a stadium). There was constant heavy crowd Traffic during Dylan's set, making it impossible for those in the floor seats to see anything and enjoy the show - a pity considering what they paid. Things were pretty good in the pit as it did not appear to be oversold - lots of room to move around (esp. Keith's side, which is further from the entrance). There were quite a few people who had snuck into the pit, but it was a massive pit (extending behind the B-stage so there was a lot of space). I would say the majority were not hard core Stones fans although most were clearly waiting for the Stones, many talking through Dylan's amazing set. Pretty polite crowd overall; there was one incident where a female fan, either drunk or stoned was flailing about like she was having a seizure. People didn't seem to know what to do, but having been in hundreds of FOS situations, I called security and shoved her over the front rail.

The performances were tremendous, both Dylan and the Stones. The Stones were in great spirits, and the setlist was great. Keith was inconsistent; slashing away with abandon on Start Me Up, HTW and JJF, but clearly having problems during Sympathy and a few others; at one point shaking his head when he hit a bum note. Mick was in decent voice but was visibly having trouble with the air, at one point audibly murmuring "air's so dry", testing his voice and clearing his throat. There were two huge fans blowing mist onto the stage throughout the show, but the desert is not a great place for a show. It was an enthusiastic audience and I walked around to the back at the end of the show - everyone seemed to be having a good time, especially during the warhorses. It wasn't hardcore Stones fans, so things like the "call and response" on Midnight Rambler and Brown Sugar were abbreviated. Didn't spoil the show for me.The guitars were mixed loud, and overall, I would say that the sound was excellent given the venue. The large, wraparound screens added a lot for those in the back.

After the show was another drag - a long walk to the car and about an hour sitting in my car just waiting to get to the freeway. I was happy I went. But because of the traffic, parking and vastness of the venue, I couldn't imagine coming back and took off my pit wristband (which I never pulled tight) and gave it to a stranger.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-09 07:09 by drbryant.

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 9, 2016 06:54

Thanks for the informative review drbryant..
My car camping spot is looking better and better for the weekend!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 9, 2016 07:12

Woz
MileHigh
From the snippets of the clips I saw, there was no "Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World" vibe going on. You know how you can't take an mp3 song and recompress it into another mp3 because there's "no juice left" in the original mp3? It felt like there was no juice left in their performance.

Like I mentioned before, Glastonbury 2013 was the last blast, the symbolic ending for the Rolling Stones. That's the way to remember them.

And your problem is trying to get a read on the show from what amounts to an MP3. The show was powerful and brilliant! Keith's guitar playing was fantastic as was that of the whole band. They were on fire...I love reading reviews by the fools who watch a YouTube and think they "got it" LOLOLOLOL
That is SUCH bullshit.

What, you think recording a song on an iPhone somehow injects bum notes and wrong chords into the audio feed?

Date: October 9, 2016 09:32

As much as I appreciate the possibility to watch clips from recent shows on youtube or rarely even periscope tv, I have to say yes, microphone position and/or lossy compression can affect the perception of show very much. To achieve consistent recording good microphones and CD (16/44.1) or better format is required. YT/periscope is good for fans sharing, but the quality of playing should not be deducted primarily from those sources.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-09 09:34 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 9, 2016 09:45

MileHigh
You know, we now live in the information age. But sadly, and sometimes scarily we also live in the disinformation age. It's sometimes hard to distinguish the information from the disinformation. For example, I watched the movie Interstellar, and it was boring crap. It was so bad I didn't care about the outcome of the story. After I saw it, I didn't even mull it over in my mind, I pretty much forgot it by the next day. So I go onto the IMDB and to my shock the first 10 or 15 user reviews said that it was the best science fiction movie ever and gave it a 10/10. Only after getting trough the first 15 reviews did you start to read real and balanced reviews. Many of these reviewers agreed with me and said that the movie was compete and total crap.

So, what's the conclusion? The conclusion is that money has corrupted the user reviews on the IMDB and starving writers in India are paid to spam the IMDB with fake glowing reviews just to get a bigger box office draw during the typical two-week theatrical run. You have to wade through the crap to find the real user reviews, and that is a crying shame. Just about anything can be corrupted. Typically, the fist day a movie is released the IMDB gets flooded with a bunch of fake positive reviews. Next door there are people in boiler rooms calling Canada and the US telling you that you haven't paid your taxes and there is a virus on your computer.

So, relating it to this discussion, it is a bit of a pain for being slammed down by giving your impression of the performance, even if you only watched YouTube clips. Clearly, this was not a great performance and yet you have fanboys giving glowing 10/10 reviews, which is fine. But when the fanboys bash the people that were not so impressed, that's not so fine.

The "real" Rolling Stones is watching them perform Brown Sugar in Ladies and Gentlemen. It's on a whole other level. There are many other examples. The "decent" older Rolling Stones is the Newark concert from late 2012. There was still a sense of the greatness, and it was so nice to see them back and really trying after another long hiatus. But sadly, last night was neither "real" or "decent," it was going-through-the-motions poor.

If some people loved it and thought it was fantastic, fine. But we also need to listen to those that didn't like it. I did not even watch SFTD but from what I am reading, I probably shouldn't watch it.

As far as the professional reviews that were posted here goes, I read them and I am getting a strong sense of disingenuousness. It's like they don't want to say anything negative because they don't want to upset the money apple cart associated with the whole event, and they are going soft on the Stones because now they are really old for a rock and roll band.

thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 9, 2016 09:45

@drbryant - thanks for the first hand report! That place seems massive indeed and other than the pit I can't imagine it to be a very good experience...Were these originally $1600 tix?

Hope Mick's voice wasn't too stressed last night. You didn't mention Mixed Emotions, Keith seemed to be slashing his way through that one pretty good!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: October 9, 2016 10:25

KRiffhard
MileHigh
You know, we now live in the information age. But sadly, and sometimes scarily we also live in the disinformation age. It's sometimes hard to distinguish the information from the disinformation. For example, I watched the movie Interstellar, and it was boring crap. It was so bad I didn't care about the outcome of the story. After I saw it, I didn't even mull it over in my mind, I pretty much forgot it by the next day. So I go onto the IMDB and to my shock the first 10 or 15 user reviews said that it was the best science fiction movie ever and gave it a 10/10. Only after getting trough the first 15 reviews did you start to read real and balanced reviews. Many of these reviewers agreed with me and said that the movie was compete and total crap.

So, what's the conclusion? The conclusion is that money has corrupted the user reviews on the IMDB and starving writers in India are paid to spam the IMDB with fake glowing reviews just to get a bigger box office draw during the typical two-week theatrical run. You have to wade through the crap to find the real user reviews, and that is a crying shame. Just about anything can be corrupted. Typically, the fist day a movie is released the IMDB gets flooded with a bunch of fake positive reviews. Next door there are people in boiler rooms calling Canada and the US telling you that you haven't paid your taxes and there is a virus on your computer.

So, relating it to this discussion, it is a bit of a pain for being slammed down by giving your impression of the performance, even if you only watched YouTube clips. Clearly, this was not a great performance and yet you have fanboys giving glowing 10/10 reviews, which is fine. But when the fanboys bash the people that were not so impressed, that's not so fine.

The "real" Rolling Stones is watching them perform Brown Sugar in Ladies and Gentlemen. It's on a whole other level. There are many other examples. The "decent" older Rolling Stones is the Newark concert from late 2012. There was still a sense of the greatness, and it was so nice to see them back and really trying after another long hiatus. But sadly, last night was neither "real" or "decent," it was going-through-the-motions poor.

If some people loved it and thought it was fantastic, fine. But we also need to listen to those that didn't like it. I did not even watch SFTD but from what I am reading, I probably shouldn't watch it.

As far as the professional reviews that were posted here goes, I read them and I am getting a strong sense of disingenuousness. It's like they don't want to say anything negative because they don't want to upset the money apple cart associated with the whole event, and they are going soft on the Stones because now they are really old for a rock and roll band.

thumbs up

That was very well written. The Stones have always been and shall remain my favorite band of all time. But as far as how they actually are today, I've stopped seeing them through rose colored glasses. It's nice that they are still playing. I also must say that what we get today is not the real Rolling Stones experience. If you want that go listen to SFTD from Ya Ya's or even Flashpoint. Watch them tear through Rambler in Ladies and Gentlemen. Watch them strut out in front of 80,000 people in Tempe as Keith hammers out the riff from Under My Thumb. Hell, even the much criticized performances from The Biggest Bang sound miles above how they sound now. Yes, if I had been there at desert trip, I probably would be more excited than I am. But a valid point remains, and has been made here. While youtube videos can in no way convey the excitement and vibe of a gig, off-key notes and glaring mistakes still come through loud and clear. I'm facing a fact that is very difficult to admit; My all-time idol, Keith Richards just can't play that well anymore and that's just one reason the "real" Stones experience is long gone. I still love them and if they ever come back to NYC, I'll probably try to go. But the current Stones are not the way I'd like to remember them. For that I'll have to go back to Ya Ya's, L&G, Some Girls Live In Texas, LA Friday, Four Flicks, etc, etc. Even gigs that get put down here like Zilker Park 2006 have much more of the old magic than what I heard in these desert trip clips. Yes, there were moments of magic...but in the old days the whole show would be magic. Now you're paying to see a living legend but it just ain't The Rolling Stones that I've loved so much for so long. I know I'll get bashed by some for this post but that's OK. It's only rock and roll.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 9, 2016 11:09

Well, Paul blew the Stones away is all I can say...

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: October 9, 2016 11:12

BILLPERKS
Nothing wrong with CT , just kinda pointless.

Very much. Even more when the drummer doesn't play the signature drum pattern the song is famous for but prefers to play some dragging beat throughout the entire song.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome the idea that they tried something else from the usual setlist suspects, but then you should do it right. This version wasn't. It was a waste of time.

Date: October 9, 2016 11:13

I agree - this was not a very good performance. To me the highlight was BY FAR "Ride em on down" - and in a way that sort of negates all excuses I had come up with for the band.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 9, 2016 12:04

Well, I think I also have to give my humble opinion about the show.
I watched the show via Periscope yesterday morning, still lying in my bed and I was really enthusiastic about the selist changes. When they started to play OOC as third song I was really suprised since I was expecting IORR. Then they played the blues-one and my heart beat went faster immediately. Next one was Mixed Emotions. I was very curios to hear how this song would sound without its 80s-signature-sound and when it started I got out of the bed and started to dance. Then Wild Horses and IORR. IORR was kind of stange right after Wild Horses when I was still into that romantic vibe. Then Come Together, just the fact they covered a Beatles song was amazing. So you can imagine I was really in Stones/Periscope heaven and did not listen critically. And I guess it was the same for those who were actually there at the concert. Then I had to search for a new Periscope feed now and then (many thanks to Cristiano!!) so I missed a few things like the Sympathy solo or the first half of Come Together. Anyway I noticed Mick had some problems with his voice. He sang the whole JJF verses and the high notes on many songs lower than usually. As a singer myself, I know that in spite of hard training you can't always expect your voice to give you the whole range. Then you have to be more careful when hitting those high notes. So no reason to worry..

In the afternoon I watched the Fake Fan youtube videos and was kind of disappointed. Come Together did not groove very well. Not because of Keith or Ronnie, but because of Charlie. He just played a straight groove throughout the whole song, nothing of that Charlie-swing that defines the Stones' groove. I also missed the characteristic drum rolls Ringo played during the Riff. Of course the Stones are doing it in their own way, but I had the feeling Charlie never heard the original song even one single time. Anyway, it was just a gag and it's nice that they try new things.
Mixed Emotions was quite good groove-wise IMHO. If Mick would not have had problems with his voice it would have been great. So I hope they keep it in the setlist and give it a change to get better.

But I was quite disappointed hearing the warhorses. Mainly because of Keith. confused smiley
He really messed up every solo he had. We heard that sometimes since 2012 but last night it was worse. Reminds me of the 2007 tour. I think he should get over his ego and practice again. I guess he's gotten lazy. We all know he can't play as fast anymore as he did till the 90s. It's okay but he should play at least the right notes. Mick practices and prepares his voice in advance of every tour. I had the feeling Ronnie also practiced before the Zip Code tour where he played some great solos.
The overall groove of the band was okay, a bit shaky sometimes, but I missed the enthusiasm and the interplay between the band members. Also Mick and Keith seem to be very distanced again. Maybe I watched too many videos of the South American tour but just compare it to the opening night in Chile which was phenomenal. They played with passion and seemed to had fun. And those are the two things I was missing last concert. Some warhorses seemed a bit lifeless. But I guess this has to do a lot with the crowd.

Setlist-wise I think they wanted to present themselfs as a modern band. Mick didn't want them to be a living jukebox. So they added songs post-89 and and 2 new-old ones (including come together) to show that they still can be creative in doing a show. Did it work? I can't say it from watching the videos so maybe some of the people who have been there can tell me winking smiley

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: October 9, 2016 12:06

MileHigh

HonkyTonkFlash
That was very well written. The Stones have always been and shall remain my favorite band of all time. But as far as how they actually are today, I've stopped seeing them through rose colored glasses.

As for "rose colored glasses", there was a generation in the mid-1970s who stopped seeing them that way as well -- punk rock, which you may have heard of? I've read it was very "Rotten", etc.

Your impression of the performance? Perhaps trade in your cigar and tuxedo for a cigarette and t-shirt. They sound fine, and they play great. People keep living by comparison -- comparing present performances to 1972 or 1968 or whatever. This is rock n' roll, not Rachmaninoff. I never hear people criticizing the bum notes they played during 1965 concerts. People couldn't even hear those shows, but did they care? Now, suddenly it's like classical music, and we have to judge every note.

"But the current Stones are not the way I'd like to remember them."

Then, don't. They'll keep having fun without you. Johnny (Lydon) Rotten thought the greatest thing ever was side 1 of Exile -- by 1976 he was telling the British press the Stones had nothing left to offer. Join the queue. But you're a bit late, by punk standards.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 9, 2016 12:30

Woz

Judging by this video I disagree, Paul sounds like he's ready for retirement home IMO: video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 9, 2016 13:31

They do not sound great on Start Me Up, Sympathy or Come Together. Here Ronnie and Keith playing are just sad even ridiculous. Just listen...

stone66
MileHigh

HonkyTonkFlash
That was very well written. The Stones have always been and shall remain my favorite band of all time. But as far as how they actually are today, I've stopped seeing them through rose colored glasses.

As for "rose colored glasses", there was a generation in the mid-1970s who stopped seeing them that way as well -- punk rock, which you may have heard of? I've read it was very "Rotten", etc.

Your impression of the performance? Perhaps trade in your cigar and tuxedo for a cigarette and t-shirt. They sound fine, and they play great. People keep living by comparison -- comparing present performances to 1972 or 1968 or whatever. This is rock n' roll, not Rachmaninoff. I never hear people criticizing the bum notes they played during 1965 concerts. People couldn't even hear those shows, but did they care? Now, suddenly it's like classical music, and we have to judge every note.

Then, don't. They'll keep having fun without you. Johnny (Lydon) Rotten thought the greatest thing ever was side 1 of Exile -- by 1976 he was telling the British press the Stones had nothing left to offer. Join the queue. But you're a bit late, by punk standards.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-09 13:35 by powerage78.

Date: October 9, 2016 13:31

[www.byzegut.fr]

Date: October 9, 2016 13:42

stone66
MileHigh

HonkyTonkFlash

If you think they sound fine and are playing great, it is you who has the rose colored glasses. The energy is gone. The performance is a hollow shell of something that was once alive and vital. I'll defend the Stones as being the greatest rock and roll band of all time until I draw my last breath - because of all the great music they've given us, but those Desert Trip videos are lifeless and sad. As for them having fun without me, they don't even look like they are having fun; they're going through the motions. Hell, the maligned first Philly 1981 show was full of mistakes but the rock and roll feeling and excitement was there.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 9, 2016 13:48

Keith´ playing on Sympathy is great. He is fully aware of what he´s doing. It isn´t inability. He WANTS to make those grumpy growling sounds. He WANTS it to sound as mean as it gets. He doesn´t want to recreate the solo of the original recording. The man knows what he does!

From 2012 onward I´ve been always looking for the latest Sympathy-version to show up on youtube to enjoy his mean, mean guitar. And he has never disappointed me.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 9, 2016 13:52

It's not fair to compare it to the 70s or 90s. But just compare youtube videos from Chile this year (opening night South America tour) to Desert Trip. It's a night and day difference.

Edit:
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
Here, just compare these two videos of IORR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-09 14:00 by StonedRambler.

Date: October 9, 2016 13:52

HMS
Keith´ playing on Sympathy is great. He is fully aware of what he´s doing. It isn´t inability. He WANTS to make those grumpy growling sounds. He WANTS it to sound as mean as it gets. He doesn´t want to recreate the solo of the original recording. The man knows what he does!

From 2012 onward I´ve been always looking for the latest Sympathy-version to show up on youtube to enjoy his mean, mean guitar. And he has never disappointed me.

Oh please....There is a difference between growling sounds and horribly off key notes. No one expects Keith to recreate the studio solo. He never has. But we should expect him to play notes that are actually in the key of the song. I'm one of the biggest Keith fans ever but I find it pretty hard to defend how he played at Desert Trip.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 9, 2016 13:58

He plays off-key because he wants to give SFTD the smell of menace and anarchy it deserves. Once more, he knows what he does. He could play a straight and clean solo on SFTD anytime but that´s not what the man WANTS.

Date: October 9, 2016 14:02

Ah ah ah. Come on !

HMS
He plays off-key because he wants to give SFTD the smell of menace and anarchy it deserves. Once more, he knows what he does. He could play a straight and clean solo on SFTD anytime but that´s not what the man WANTS.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 9, 2016 14:07

Paul McCartney: "Last night the Stones did us a tribute to play one of the Beatles songs... And we're gonna play one of theirs now. It was actually their first hit in England ... and it's one that me and John wrote for 'em."

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 9, 2016 14:20

I just listened through all of Keiths SFTD main solos from the Olé Tour 2016, and he did plenty of mistakes but only played out of key ONCE.

I think the out of key playing comes with nerves and not being on stage for a while. For instance, here's Keith playing out of key with Eric Clapton in 2013: video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: October 9, 2016 14:25

Hansman
BILLPERKS
Nothing wrong with CT , just kinda pointless.

Very much. Even more when the drummer doesn't play the signature drum pattern the song is famous for but prefers to play some dragging beat throughout the entire song.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome the idea that they tried something else from the usual setlist suspects, but then you should do it right. This version wasn't. It was a waste of time.

Ringo didn't play that drum pattern either. But they were very inventive with that tape echo-effect..

Date: October 9, 2016 14:28

TheBlockbuster
I just listened through all of Keiths SFTD main solos from the Olé Tour 2016, and he did plenty of mistakes but only played out of key ONCE.

I think the out of key playing comes with nerves and not being on stage for a while. For instance, here's Keith playing out of key with Eric Clapton in 2013: video: [www.youtube.com]

He played out of key in Indio as well. But who cares? smiling smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 9, 2016 14:50

HMS

You being a master of satire never struck me before!

And for Keith, if it was really meant that way: Please stop this artsy-fartsy stuff, it does not suit you and the band's sound. Stockhausen is on a different planet. This is the Stones. And SFTD is not that difficult to play, isn't it?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 9, 2016 14:55

There’s much negativity to be read in this thread, mostly from people who weren’t there. I think it’s unfair to compare with the 60s and 70s. The Rolling Stones are not playing like they do on A Brussels Affair anymore, but they’re still pretty good – and some nights are better than others. It’s always been like that, on and off nights. This first Desert gig was not off, but probably not among the best in recent years. Some of the shows from last year’s Zip Code tour was phenomenal (Atlanta, Raleigh & Kansas). And Havana Moon is solid proof that this band is still going strong.

Remember that this was the first real gig since Havana and they played songs they normally don’t do. Ride Em On Down has not been played since the early 60s, Mixed Emotions not since 1990 and Come Togheter never before. They could have played tunes they are more familiar with. Let’s Spend the Night Together, All Down the Line, You Got the Silver and Paint it Black would probably have sounded more solid and tight, but cudos to the band that they tried something different. Personally I hope they throw in Street Fighting Man, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking, You Gotta Move and Moonlight Mile next time, but that’s just me.

I think the next show will be a killer. They’ve had a feel of the stage, the venue and the crowd, and perhaps even watched the other acts, and I’m pretty sure they will adjust a bit and deliever a better show.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 9, 2016 14:57

TheBlockbuster
Woz

Judging by this video I disagree, Paul sounds like he's ready for retirement home IMO: video: [www.youtube.com]

Thats the thing. His voice is clearly gone in the beginning and still he sounds so so much better. I feel something listening to it. The Stones performance didnt move me at all, it was the same flat singing, none existing trademark guitars etc. Besides Paul's band can play their instruments. The sax player was the highlight of Stones performance. And I generally speaking hate sax in rock.

Date: October 9, 2016 15:04

The Worst.
There’s much negativity to be read in this thread, mostly from people who weren’t there. I think it’s unfair to compare with the 60s and 70s. The Rolling Stones are not playing like they do on A Brussels Affair anymore, but they’re still pretty good – and some nights are better than others. It’s always been like that, on and off nights. This first Desert gig was not off, but probably not among the best in recent years. Some of the shows from last year’s Zip Code tour was phenomenal (Atlanta, Raleigh & Kansas). And Havana Moon is solid proof that this band is still going strong.

Remember that this was the first real gig since Havana and they played songs they normally don’t do. Ride Em On Down has not been played since the early 60s, Mixed Emotions not since 1990 and Come Togheter never before. They could have played tunes they are more familiar with. Let’s Spend the Night Together, All Down the Line, You Got the Silver and Paint it Black would probably have sounded more solid and tight, but cudos to the band that they tried something different. Personally I hope they throw in Street Fighting Man, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking, You Gotta Move and Moonlight Mile next time, but that’s just me.

I think the next show will be a killer. They’ve had a feel of the stage, the venue and the crowd, and perhaps even watched the other acts, and I’m pretty sure they will adjust a bit and deliever a better show.

I know, we cant expect them to perform like in 1972 or 1973 but I just listened to Mccartney and I loved it! Why is that? Im a Stones fan and yet here I am downloading a equally poorly recorded clip of Macca with voice partly gone to hell. Mccartney communicates something - Stones didnt.

Date: October 9, 2016 15:07

That said I think Keith had some good moments and Ron too, not many but I think they still can transform (into something better). If Jagger only could start singing without erasing all traces of feeling, human error, personality and without that weird nasal young pop star approach. He still has a great voice but seems he has to save it for a rainy day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-09 15:08 by Redhotcarpet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home