Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Your Favorite Keith Richards Solos
Date: October 8, 2016 02:04

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
Does incoherent, random Chuck Berry riffs out of time and key count as a solo?

Only if they are your favourites.

LOLthumbs up

Date: October 8, 2016 18:08

my favorite that really made me sit up was Keiths solo on SFTD in the IMAX movie

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 8, 2016 22:09

Route 66 (studio)
Bye Bye Johnny live 1972
Around and Around live 1977

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 9, 2016 16:44

Gimme Shelter - Studio
Bye Bye Johnny - Reverse Blues
Honk Tonk Women - Love You Live
Sympathy - GYYYO
Under My thumb - Still Life
You Got to Move = various

Posted by: ekelundh ()
Date: October 9, 2016 21:05

here's my favourites with the master virtuoso of guitar sloppiness smiling smiley
stoned
2120 So Michigan Ave
sympathy - studio
tumbling dice - studio
stat star - studio
htw - love you live
around and around - el mocambo
harder they come (own name)
let it rock - with rockpile live from bottom line nyc
cheatin' heart - with jerry lee lewis, tv special

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 9, 2016 21:46

DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
keith is like townsend,the least of their ability is playing "leads" so i would say none and who cares-just hold that rhythm down baby.

LOL, by that you are saying that dozens of the greatest Stones songs (like SFTD, GS, HTW, WH, UMT, Bitch, TD, Happy, Some Girls, Respectable, Slave, Hang Fire, She Was Hot and all the Berry covers) don't have great solos. Ha ha, that is too funny, coming from a Stones fan! grinning smiley

where did i say they don't have great solos? i said his rhythm playing is better and that's what i prefer, i don't have a favorite lead because i don't care about lead guitar.
you have to get over freaking out about any perceived slight on keith richards.

You said "none", didn't you? That's the equivalent to those songs lacking great solos..

Nice to see that you didn't really mean that, though.

He was... just sayin'.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 10, 2016 01:08

Sing This All Together - maybe not a solo but riffs, starts about 1:50 [www.youtube.com] - How does he get that sound?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 10, 2016 14:06

BITCH on Sticky Fingers DELUXE.....magnificent

Date: October 10, 2016 14:09

Rip This
BITCH on Sticky Fingers DELUXE.....magnificent

Which one?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 10, 2016 16:13

Monkey Man.

Not just a guitar solo but the musical equivalent of a NASA spaceshot that sends this epic piece of music spiraling skywards like the brightest laser light beam.

This whole incredible song is like a mini guitar symphony and when Keith comes in with that fabulous sound just feel the euphoria lift you off the ground.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: October 10, 2016 16:20

Silver Dagger
Monkey Man.

Not just a guitar solo but the musical equivalent of a NASA spaceshot that sends this epic piece of music spiraling skywards like the brightest laser light beam.

This whole incredible song is like a mini guitar symphony and when Keith comes in with that fabulous sound just feel the euphoria lift you off the ground.

Indeed. So much of the Let It Bleed album is a tour de force for Keith Richards. As far as studio work goes, LIB is one of his undisputed masterpieces.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 10, 2016 16:48

HonkeyTonkFlash
Silver Dagger
Monkey Man.

Indeed. So much of the Let It Bleed album is a tour de force for Keith Richards. As far as studio work goes, LIB is one of his undisputed masterpieces.

Yep. Brian was on the way out and Mick Taylor joined towards the end of recording sessions so Keith was left to do the bulk of the guitar work. He not only rose to the occasion but produced his finest and most imaginative guitar work. Let It Bleed is Keith's finest moment.

Date: October 10, 2016 17:04

Silver Dagger
HonkeyTonkFlash
Silver Dagger
Monkey Man.

Yep. Brian was on the way out and Mick Taylor joined towards the end of recording sessions so Keith was left to do the bulk of the guitar work. He not only rose to the occasion but produced his finest and most imaginative guitar work. Let It Bleed is Keith's finest moment.

Add Beggars Banquet to the list to make it (nearly) complete thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 11, 2016 16:37

HonkeyTonkFlash
Silver Dagger
Monkey Man.

The subtle slide work on Monkey Man is perfect. It doesn't need an Elmore James attack, it's more like a seagull cruising by. The simplicity of those 2 note slides makes a huge sound.

Date: October 11, 2016 16:39

2000 LYFH
Sing This All Together - maybe not a solo but riffs, starts about 1:50 [www.youtube.com] - How does he get that sound?

If you listen to this one in mono, you'll all understand that this is no joke. What Keith actually plays comes up in the mix. It's pretty fast and imaginative, imo.

Good call! thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 11, 2016 16:51

GasLightStreet
HonkeyTonkFlash
Silver Dagger
Monkey Man.

The subtle slide work on Monkey Man is perfect. It doesn't need an Elmore James attack, it's more like a seagull cruising by. The simplicity of those 2 note slides makes a huge sound.
I get chills every time I listen to the slide interlude in Monkey Man, without fail. There aren't many songs that I can say that about (the start of Gilmour's end solo in Comfortably Numb is another one).

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home