Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: New article on Altmont
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 16, 2016 00:00

Picture by © Robert Altman

According to Robert Allman they are HA...looking as this picture you can see them both in the picture (on page 5) the guy with the stick and the one with the beard on the left

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-16 00:02 by NICOS.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 16, 2016 00:13

Some nice pictures of mainly a great event.................especially for people in the back who didn't had a clue what was happen in front........

[www.altmanphoto.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 16, 2016 02:26

NICOS- the big guy with the beard who is shaking hands with an audience member probably is one of the actual Angels,

The two hitting someone with the pool cues are the "prospects" 2000LYFH mentioned.The chances of one of the HAs being dressed like that are about the same as Keith Richards showing up onstage with a trombone.there were alot of wannabes with them that were trying to hard to impress the others.

Stanlove pointed out Bill Fritsch, the guy who is yelling at Paul Kantor.when you see that without any background it's a crazy biker flipping out on a rockstar.turns out they were friends and i've read that they later told Marty Balin they were sorry for hitting him.
There is also a picture around of Bill Fritsch backstage standing next to Mick and Charlie.Mick is in his stage gear and it looks like it was right before they went on-the most bizarre concert in rock and roll history.

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: September 17, 2016 07:15

Speaking of Hells Angels..in the early eighties a friend of mine suggested I have a sit down with Sandy Alexander, the president of the New York City Hell's Angels chapter, to "clear the air". We met, remarked how it was silly and after, Sandy wanted me to represent him in a humane bull fighting TV network broadcast, from Mexico. He wanted to be a business man. Humane or not, "bull fighting" killed any network broadcast.

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: September 17, 2016 22:42

Clifford "Skip" Workman, a high ranking Oakland HA member was quoted as saying
"Prospects" "Not one of those people ever became members" about the Altamont troublemakers in this book on page 208
[books.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-17 22:55 by slakka.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 18, 2016 16:00

stanlove
lem motlow
I'll let people listen to the interview and make up their own minds.

Our own bmuseed said that they told them to park the bikes in front of the stage and he worked for the Stones,then we have Keith asking in an interview why the hell the bikes were up there.

Barger seems to indicate they were told to park them there before the show.
He also says people were kicking the bikes and knocking mirrors off them etc..
this would jibe with Keith saying "some of those people were just asking for it"
Barger said they were trying to push the fat naked girl back into the audience and people were pushing her back up,they had five of them because they were holding her and trying not to hurt her and Mick kept saying "why are there five of you on the one girl" and bitching at them so they got fed up and said "you want one of us to do it?ok,so one of the Angels kicked her back into the crowd.
not very nice but if you're so out of control you are naked and trying to climb on a stage in front of thousands of people getting kicked in the head might be a good wake up call.

I really thought the Barger interview from Gimme Shelter was the entire thing so it was facinating to me to hear everything he said and compare it to the chopped up version in the movie.anyway it's all here at the 36:40 mark,make of it what you will.[www.youtube.com]

It is interesting. I have been researching the whole thing all week because of the interest Love my Ipad and the internet. . My conclusion ( not that anyone should care ) is that there were some Angels doing a good job and being decent, and there were some Angles who were complete aholes. They of course are going to be lumped together.

One thing I am really interested in is finding out who the Angels were in the movie. Would love to know if there is video of Passaro before the Hunter incident.

I am pretty sure I found the Angel from this video in the Movie.

[www.youtube.com]

Here's the Obituary for the guy in your youtube video - Clifford "Skip" Workman (d: March 31, 2012) :

Clifford Park “Skip” Workman died Saturday in New Harbor, Maine. He was one of the last of the original Oakland Hells Angels and his life was interesting and fully realized.

Skip Workman joined the club while he was still in the Navy. After a nasty motorcycle accident in 1957, Sonny Barger rebuilt his bike for him. Before assaulting a policeman became a felony in California, Workman was famous for punching out cops. “Skip loved hitting cops,” Barger recalled in his memoir Hell’s Angel.

The novelist Ken Kesey introduced Workman to LSD in 1964 when that drug was still legal to possess and consume. He has been reported to have had the same acid vision time after time, of a fire breathing dragon in front of American flags. “The dragon was keeping time with the music, “ he said, “and sometimes the dragon would be blowing the bugle and the notes would come out of the bugle.”

He appeared in the movie Hells Angels ’69, which the studio American International decided to produce instead of Easy Rider. And his double wedding at Bass Lake in 1970, with club brother Edward James “The Deacon” Proudfoot, was covered by the Los Angeles Times in a feature titled “Hells Angels – Homes, Wives and Paychecks.”

Skip Workman may be best known for confronting Hunter S. Thompson on television after the publication of Hell’s Angels. (See video below.) He characterized the book as “60 percent cheap trash.”

And, all of this only hints at the man Skip Workman was. He moved back to New England in the 1970s. He left the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club in 1981 after what he called “a severe case of spinal stenosis” kept him from riding. He spent most of the last 30 years in his home town of New Harbor and he devoted much of his energy to helping “Disabled American Vets who are being screwed by our government.

Skip Workman was born April 20, 1938. He was 73. He is survived by his widow, Shelly Workman and three sons Robert “Bobby” Boutelle, Jesse Workman and Gary Workman. Funeral services, which are incomplete at this writing, will be arranged by the Strong-Hancock Funeral Home in Damariscotta, Maine.

Clifford Park “Skip” Workman made the world richer and better.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 18, 2016 19:17

shortfatfanny
NICOS
A bigger picture.........doesn't say San Jose on your jacket that your HA?
Maybe they are just cleaning there sleeping bag with a carpet-beater...no one really seems impressed of the scene they are looking at

The guy on the left side reminds me of Tony Funches...probably the only one having some arguments about this situation.

It is Tony Funches. I did notice rewatching GS that Funches was rubbing his wrist or arm at one point before he had the cast on. I think it was when there was the fight when Jefferson Airplane was playing.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home