Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: New article on Altmont
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 10, 2016 22:51

lem motlow
misterfrias
That Mojo article says that the Angels turned Meredith's gun over to the police. I always thought it was never found.

that "qoute this message" option isn't that damn hard to use,i wish some of the posters would figure it out.alot of these questions and answers are a convoluted mess

-click it,the persons message will appear in a box,write your reply over or under it.

watch-misterfrias post above in a box^
my answer-below v

If you watch Gimme Shelter you'll see a guy in a white shirt [who i assume is from the small security force the owner hired to protect the speedaway grounds] is talking to a cop,he says "i have the gun,one of the Angels gave it to me"
which is why even though we have these threads pop up here and again it's always good because people are constantly trying to shovel sht.
i actually saw something recently"poor meredith even lost his gun,a fan took it for a souvenir" i'm thinking,how fckng lazy is the guy who wrote this article.

When it came time for the trial it was hard to locate the gun. I agree people do need to stop shoveling shit. Now lets see your argument again that a person drowning and 2 getting run over by a car somehow excuses the Angles.

Here is a good article about the trial. I found a picture of Passaro the year he died also. Looking like a tough guy to the end.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-10 22:56 by stanlove.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 10, 2016 23:21

lem motlow
that "qoute this message" option isn't that damn hard to use,i wish some of the posters would figure it out.alot of these questions and answers are a convoluted mess

Proper punctuation and spelling helps a lot too. smoking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 10, 2016 23:41

stanlove
I found a picture of Passaro the year he died also. Looking like a tough guy to the end.

Keith said at 2003 SARS concert "we're all here for strange reasons". Maybe this applies here.

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: September 11, 2016 00:51

I noticed some gun stories....the Maysles' and I were threatened by the SF DA's office while we were in NY. If the Maysles turned over the footage of the knifing we would not be charged. and if the Angels turned over the gun, only Passaro would be charged. David delivered the footage. I was told the Angels turned over the gun...and here's what happened to Passaro:

Date: September 11, 2016 03:44

bmuseed
I noticed some gun stories....the Maysles' and I were threatened by the SF DA's office while we were in NY. If the Maysles turned over the footage of the knifing we would not be charged. and if the Angels turned over the gun, only Passaro would be charged. David delivered the footage. I was told the Angels turned over the gun...and here's what happened to Passaro:

Strange. Thanks for posting this. I find this stuff very interested. There is another picture of Passaro on find a grave.

Date: September 11, 2016 13:10

Go to Sam's Facebook page for a recent interview with Joel Selvin on the subject of Altamont. Well worth a listen.

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: September 13, 2016 04:36

lem motlow
misterfrias
That Mojo article says that the Angels turned Meredith's gun over to the police. I always thought it was never found.

-click it,the persons message will appear in a box,write your reply over or under it.

watch-misterfrias post above in a box^
my answer-below v

If you watch Gimme Shelter you'll see a guy in a white shirt [who i assume is from the small security force the owner hired to protect the speedaway grounds] is talking to a cop,he says "i have the gun,one of the Angels gave it to me"

The guy said "The Angels showed it to me"..not "gave it to me"

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 13, 2016 10:41

You're exactly right slakka.i was remembering that from Gimme Shelter and though i've seen it 100 times it's been awhile.

i went to you tube and checked it out-wow.

The stop action on that is beyond belief when they are showing Mick what happened in slow motion.It stops with Hunter pointing the gun directly at the stage,there is also an Angel standing there so it's not clear if he's getting ready to shoot the biker or at the stage.Then you see Passaro and he's got his left hand on Hunters wrist and the knife coming over the top.It's insane,like the guy turned into a fckn ninja.

the you tube comments were a little rough but also pretty funny.

Passaro saved the other Angel or one of the Stones from getting shot and in the process probably also saved crochet vest girls parents from the heartbreak of having gumby pimp turn out their daughter.

Date: September 13, 2016 19:02

Keep your eye on Bill Wyman.
An Angel shields him from gunfire using his own body when the going gets ruff.
Its enough to give a re-think on the statements of folks like Jerry Garcia, Rock Scully, Peter Coyote ect.

Date: September 13, 2016 19:04

lem motlow
You're exactly right slakka.i was remembering that from Gimme Shelter and though i've seen it 100 times it's been awhile.

i went to you tube and checked it out-wow.

The stop action on that is beyond belief when they are showing Mick what happened in slow motion.It stops with Hunter pointing the gun directly at the stage,there is also an Angel standing there so it's not clear if he's getting ready to shoot the biker or at the stage.Then you see Passaro and he's got his left hand on Hunters wrist and the knife coming over the top.It's insane,like the guy turned into a fckn ninja.

the you tube comments were a little rough but also pretty funny.

Passaro saved the other Angel or one of the Stones from getting shot and in the process probably also saved crochet vest girls parents from the heartbreak of having gumby pimp turn out their daughter.

I guess you are always going to just skip over the part where the Angels started trouble with Hunter.

He did not point the gun directly at the stage. While being attacked and waving his gun around the gun was pointed in many different directions ( didn't mean he was trying to shoot ) and at one point was pointing probably about 10 to 20 feet in front of the stage. For some reason people like you always claim he pointed at the stage. We get it, you think people should get roughed up by the Angels and if they pull out a gun to protect themselves then its all their fault. Not the Angels fault at all.

Can you give is your evidence that Hunter was a pimp or that he had a record.

I guess none of the Angels had records right.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-13 19:21 by stanlove.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 13, 2016 19:14

The RS trial article describes the concert as 'epic' and 'heroic'.
Strange days indeed.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 13, 2016 19:22

Unless I'm missing other information, it doesn't make sense that Hunter had
any intention of using his gun to shoot at the stage. However, it's reasonable to
assume he was concerned with his own safety in regard to the Angels. Wasn't Hunter scuffling or being harassed by the Angels prior to Hunter's gun draw?

Date: September 13, 2016 19:31

swimtothemoon
Unless I'm missing other information, it doesn't make sense that Hunter had
any intention of using his gun to shoot at the stage. However, it's reasonable to
assume he was concerned with his own safety in regard to the Angels. Wasn't Hunter scuffling or being harassed by the Angels prior to Hunter's gun draw?

Agreed. It makes no sense at all that he was looking to shoot at the stage. He was roughed up and pulled out his gun. The more you read about Altamonte the more you realize how out of control the Angels were.

Read the original RS article from 1970 and its paints it clearly.

Listen to the radio caller at about the 10 minute mark. You hear and read more and more of this stuff.

[www.youtube.com]

I agree it would be hard to convict Passaro unless he was the one who started roughing Hunter up to begin with and he wasn't. But what should have happened is some of those Angels should have been charged with assault. The guys beating people with pool sticks right on cameras should have been charged,

Barger himself admitted that one of the Angels roughed up the heavy girl who was trying to get on stage. he seemed pretty proud of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-13 19:35 by stanlove.

Date: September 14, 2016 21:21

slakka
Its enough to give a re-think on the statements of folks like Jerry Garcia, Rock Scully, Peter Coyote ect.

[www.youtube.com]

Every Stones fan should listen to this interview with Sonny Barger that starts at 36:40 of the video.

Its the entire KSAN interview telling his side of the story.I had always assumed that what you here him say in Gimme Shelter when Mick is listening to it was the entire thing.turns out it was chopped up and edited for the film.
His side of it is certainly different than what we were sold that's for sure.

Date: September 14, 2016 21:49

lem motlow
slakka

[www.youtube.com]

Every Stones fan should listen to this interview with Sonny Barger that starts at 36:40 of the video.

Its the entire KSAN interview telling his side of the story.I had always assumed that what you here him say in Gimme Shelter when Mick is listening to it was the entire thing.turns out it was chopped up and edited for the film.
His side of it is certainly different than what we were sold that's for sure.

Why would anyone take the word of Barger over everything else we know and see.

Yes we get it, Angle being the tough guys that they are don't like being messed with. If someone by accident knocks over their bikes that they parked in front of the stage then an Angel feels messed with. A normal human thinks someone accidently knocked over their bikes.

Barger himself said the Angels roughed up a girl trying to get on the stage he also admitted people got roughed up in front of the stage just because they happened to be near the bile that started on fire. We see the video of the pool sticks.

Are you still working on the proof that Hunter was in a gang, was a pimp, or had a record?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-14 21:51 by stanlove.

Date: September 14, 2016 22:26

I'll let people listen to the interview and make up their own minds.

Our own bmuseed said that they told them to park the bikes in front of the stage and he worked for the Stones,then we have Keith asking in an interview why the hell the bikes were up there.

Barger seems to indicate they were told to park them there before the show.
He also says people were kicking the bikes and knocking mirrors off them etc..
this would jibe with Keith saying "some of those people were just asking for it"
Barger said they were trying to push the fat naked girl back into the audience and people were pushing her back up,they had five of them because they were holding her and trying not to hurt her and Mick kept saying "why are there five of you on the one girl" and bitching at them so they got fed up and said "you want one of us to do it?ok,so one of the Angels kicked her back into the crowd.
not very nice but if you're so out of control you are naked and trying to climb on a stage in front of thousands of people getting kicked in the head might be a good wake up call.

I really thought the Barger interview from Gimme Shelter was the entire thing so it was facinating to me to hear everything he said and compare it to the chopped up version in the movie.anyway it's all here at the 36:40 mark,make of it what you will.[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 14, 2016 22:44

lem motlow

Our own bmuseed said that they told them to park the bikes in front of the stage and he worked for the Stones,then we have Keith asking in an interview why the hell the bikes were up there.

this would jibe with Keith saying "some of those people were just asking for it"
Barger said they were trying to push the fat naked girl back into the audience and people were pushing her back up,they had five of them because they were holding her and trying not to hurt her and Mick kept saying "why are there five of you on the one girl" and bitching at them so they got fed up and said "you want one of us to do it?ok,so one of the Angels kicked her back into the crowd.
not very nice but if you're so out of control you are naked and trying to climb on a stage in front of thousands of people getting kicked in the head might be a good wake up call.

I really thought the Barger interview from Gimme Shelter was the entire thing so it was facinating to me to hear everything he said and compare it to the chopped up version in the movie.anyway it's all here at the 36:40 mark,make of it what you will.[www.youtube.com]

It is interesting. I have been researching the whole thing all week because of the interest Love my Ipad and the internet. . My conclusion ( not that anyone should care ) is that there were some Angels doing a good job and being decent, and there were some Angles who were complete aholes. They of course are going to be lumped together.

One thing I am really interested in is finding out who the Angels were in the movie. Would love to know if there is video of Passaro before the Hunter incident.

I am pretty sure I found the Angel from this video in the Movie.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-14 22:47 by stanlove.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 14, 2016 22:56

Is that Joan Baez at 4.23?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 14, 2016 23:03

lem motlow

When she wasn't climbing on to the stage she was climbing over people!

Date: September 14, 2016 23:07

NICOS
Is that Joan Baez at 4.23?

Sure looks like her. Can't believe she is laughing about this. Can't believe any of them are. Times have changed.

The Anglel in the Thompson video I am almost sure is in the Stones video at 6:50 with the headband on. You can see him at other times in GS also.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 14, 2016 23:19

Many of these guys doing the beating were HA prospects - trying to impress the big boys.

Date: September 14, 2016 23:32

2000 LYFH
Many of these guys doing the beating were HA prospects - trying to impress the big boys.

The guy on the right with the brown vest on would have gotten me killed. They are all aholes but for some reason he really bothers me and there is no way I could have put up with him trying to rough me up at all. he looks like a little punk trying to play tough as long as he has numbers on his side.

This guy like the rest should have been charged with assault when the authorites saw the movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-14 23:34 by stanlove.

Date: September 14, 2016 23:36

And the girl in the middle with the badge or peace sign, she saw it all .......you can see here through whole hussle..............maybe she can tell here story..........

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 14, 2016 23:43

Were there police at the show - seems I spotted a couple in the movie. If they
were indeed at the show it seems they should have interviened especially with the
pool cue beatings. This was a long time ago maybe they had some sort of "look the
other way" deal with the Angels.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 14, 2016 23:47

In the picture with the pool cues, there is a guy with a camera on the right hand side.

Date: September 15, 2016 03:41

swimtothemoon
Were there police at the show - seems I spotted a couple in the movie. If they
were indeed at the show it seems they should have interviened especially with the
pool cue beatings. This was a long time ago maybe they had some sort of "look the
other way" deal with the Angels.
True!
According to the former Oakland vice prez George Wethern in his book
A Wayward Angel.

Date: September 15, 2016 06:54

Another interesting tidbit I came across is the short film Invocation of my Demon Brother. The music was written by Mick Jagger and in the film was an Angel on stage during the concert. The Angel was Bill "Sweet William" Fritsch who was the Angel arguing with Paul Kanter.

He is at 2:45.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 15, 2016 20:03

2000 LYFH

Spot on again with the photos 2000LYFH- this is why i can't get enough of the Altamont story.everytime you look at it you find something else.

The picture above is a typical bikers beating fans at Altamont story-then you look close and there's NOT ONE Hells Angel in the entire picture.

lets break it down -we'll call the two guys with the pool cues douchebag 1 and douchbag 2.
DB 1 in the forground looks like someone gave him a patch for his town[San Jose] but he doesn't have the Hells Angels patch on his back or the "death head" that goes between HA and the clubs town at the bottom.

DB 2 on the right actually is so lame he has caused me and stanlove to agree on something.WTF is that assclown wearing?he has no patches on the front of that vest and i've seen pictures of this from another angle,he doesn't have any on the back either.in color the vest is this brown suede and that shirt ..good lord,was there old navy back then?i would never mess with the Angels but that guy? they would've had to remove that pool cue from his colon if he even looked at me wrong.
the guy with the long hair crouching and the dude on the left with the vest and no shirt aren't Angels either,no colors.

You have two wannabe Hells Angels and behind them the future yuppies of America standing in the background doing nothing.Simon and Garfunkel in the back could've probably kicked their asses.i hate everyone in this picture.

Date: September 15, 2016 23:31

A bigger picture.........doesn't say San Jose on your jacket that your HA?
Maybe they are just cleaning there sleeping bag with a carpet-beater...no one really seems impressed of the scene they are looking at

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 15, 2016 23:58

NICOS
A bigger picture.........doesn't say San Jose on your jacket that your HA?
Maybe they are just cleaning there sleeping bag with a carpet-beater...no one really seems impressed of the scene they are looking at

The guy on the left side reminds me of Tony Funches...probably the only one having some arguments about this situation.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home