Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 24
Re: Toronto International Film Festival - we've got Stones!
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 28, 2016 01:38

[Weren't wearing yours 18/11/14???]

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 30, 2016 15:21

Good news!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 31, 2016 04:47

waterrats
thumbs upsmileys with beer GOOD NEWS INDEED!drinking smileysmoking smiley

The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America
Date: July 30, 2016 15:15

105 minutes, Directed by Paul Dugdale (Hyde Park)

Sound: Lee Warpole, Bob Clearmountain

This exhilarating rock 'n' roll road movie follows The Rolling Stones on their 2016 tour of Latin America, climaxing with their historic concert in Havana, Cuba.

Tour Documentary premiering at 2016 Toronto Film Festival, which runs from September 8 to September 18

Sources: TIFF.NET, kwbe.com

Re: The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 30, 2016 15:17

[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: July 30, 2016 15:20

Deltics
[www.iorr.org]

Ah, shit, I knew it - looked for that, but didn't see it.

Nevertheless, good news!

I'll check whether I can delete this topic...

Date: July 30, 2016 15:25

waterrats

This exhilarating rock 'n' roll road movie follows The Rolling Stones on their 2016 tour of Latin America, climaxing with their historic concert in Havana, Cuba.

Tour Documentary premiering at 2016 Toronto Film Festival, which runs from September 8 to September 18

Very good news!! Thanks for posting. It can not be said too many times...
and no wonder you didn't see the other thread... Your thread title is much better.
Your title spells it out clearly... OLE OLE OLE

Date: July 30, 2016 15:39

jambay
waterrats

and no wonder you didn't see the other thread... Your thread title is much better.

Thanks, Jambay! Nice words.
I couldn't delete it, either, hehehe ... grinning smiley

Did I mention already, that I just LOVE Stones documentaries?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 15:40 by waterrats.

Date: July 30, 2016 16:15

waterrats
jambay
waterrats

Thanks, Jambay! Nice words.
I couldn't delete it, either, hehehe ... grinning smiley

Did I mention already, that I just LOVE Stones documentaries?

smiling smiley I honestly did not see the other thread or know this was a separate movie from Havana Moon until you posted it. These days I do not park here and read every thread. I just pop in and skim and if a title is esoteric I will likely skim right over it.

So not only do I not mind, I appreciate multiple threads on IMPORTANT Rolling Stones events like a movie of the whole tour. Things like this can not be said too many times, and as clearly as possible

Thanks again waterrats...
I am excited for the fall tour and more fun like we had on the Ole' tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 16:16 by jambay.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 30, 2016 23:46

So this is a totally separate piece than HAVANA MOON. Way cool

Date: July 30, 2016 23:58

Bashlets
So this is a totally separate piece than HAVANA MOON. Way cool

Way cool indeed. Havana Moon is about Cuba, and "A Trip Across Latin America" will become our official Olé complete tour docu from the band.

I LOVE Stones docus (see above grinning smiley)

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 31, 2016 00:34

Agreed. I think I would rather see a good documentary with concert footage weaved in then just another full concert at this point. It's not like we haven't seen these songs performed a million plus times. I'll go see HAVANA MOON and love it but this doc has me intrigued.

Date: July 31, 2016 02:17

jambay
...and no wonder you didn't see the other thread... Your thread title is much better.

Jeeeeez...harsh, dude! winking smiley

Date: July 31, 2016 04:34

SomeTorontoGirl
jambay
...and no wonder you didn't see the other thread... Your thread title is much better.

Jeeeeez...harsh, dude! winking smiley

Oh no, not intentionally smoking smiley leemmeee smooooooth this out

I am the dumb one cuz sometimes for some reason I miss thread topics because I do not realize what the title was talking aboot.

But I know what Ole' Ole' Ole' means smiling smiley OLE' OLE' OLE' eh!! eh!!
and was excited to see this... OLE! YEAH!! EH!!!

Heck it was just last week I realized that Alice Coopers "Good to see you again" even existed or was re-released in 2005 on DVD, but I bought it as soon as I saw it and it came yesterday we watched it twice last night and it is crazy good fun... somehow I missed that thread 11 years ago, dumb ole me.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 23, 2016 19:02

Rolling Stones, Iggy Pop docs to screen at Miami Film Festival’s Gems showcase

“The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé: A Trip Across Latin America.” a documentary about the legendary rock group’s 2016 South American tour that ended with a concert in Havana, and “Gimme Danger,” director Jim Jarmusch’s candid look at the punk-rock band The Stooges led by Iggy Pop, will screen as part of the Miami Film Festival’s 2016 GEMS showcase.

The mini-festival, which will run Oct. 13-16 at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, is a precursor to the main 10-day festival, which will be held in March 2017.

“With the Stones’ recent historical free concert in Cuba and with Iggy Pop being a beloved resident of our city, both of these films are so eagerly awaited by Miami film and music fans that we could not contain ourselves any longer,“ said Jaie Laplante, the Festival’s executive director & director of programming.

The full line-up of this year’s GEMS festival will be unveiled Sept. 19. For more information, visit [miamifilmfestival.com]

[www.miamiherald.com]

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 24, 2016 05:23

Rolling Stones doc is premiering at TIFF on Sept. 10th for special people (press and industry) only, the rest of us normies will have to wait until the 17th to see it.

Date: August 25, 2016 17:30

Thanks alieb. Link below:

[www.tiff.net]

After the two industry screenings, there is a Gala on Fri Sept 16, and screenings on Saturday at 12:45 and Sunday at 6:30.

Navigating the website and buying tickets is not for the faint of heart. Weeks ago, before the films were announced, you could buy packages that allow you to buy tix at a certain date and time. Now that the films are announced, package buyers have received our emails telling us at what date and time we can go on line and try to get our tickets. If you ( "The Great Unwashed Masses" ) want to buy single tickets, they go on sale later, a few days before the festival starts, and good luck to you.

I am going to try to get into the Gala (you never know who might turn up), but wouldn't mind seeing it a second time, maybe Sunday, if anyone wants to meet up and put an IORR crowd into the audience. Line ups should begin at least 1 hour before, and more if you want a good seat - I joined late last year for Under The Influence and was at the back, squinting at Keith, and don't want THAT again. [Grumble...]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 25, 2016 18:06

To be honest I'll be veeeeery much interested on Jonathan Demme take on Justin Timberlake also. With due respect to Dugdale, Demme is a top master when it comes to put live performances on screen..

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: August 25, 2016 19:29

This picture makes me very happy - genuine Glimmer affection

Date: August 29, 2016 15:16

SomeTorontoGirl
Thanks alieb. Link below:

[www.tiff.net]

After the two industry screenings, there is a Gala on Fri Sept 16, and screenings on Saturday at 12:45 and Sunday at 6:30.

Navigating the website and buying tickets is not for the faint of heart. Weeks ago, before the films were announced, you could buy packages that allow you to buy tix at a certain date and time. Now that the films are announced, package buyers have received our emails telling us at what date and time we can go on line and try to get our tickets. If you ( "The Great Unwashed Masses" ) want to buy single tickets, they go on sale later, a few days before the festival starts, and good luck to you.

I am going to try to get into the Gala (you never know who might turn up), but wouldn't mind seeing it a second time, maybe Sunday, if anyone wants to meet up and put an IORR crowd into the audience. Line ups should begin at least 1 hour before, and more if you want a good seat - I joined late last year for Under The Influence and was at the back, squinting at Keith, and don't want THAT again. [Grumble...]

Worst case I'll just buy a ticket for the Saturday and show up outside outside the theatre on the Friday to see who's there...Hopefully a Stone or two!

Date: August 31, 2016 00:23

Bluesstone

This picture makes me very happy - genuine Glimmer affection

Another nice picture from the movie:

[film.britishcouncil.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-31 00:28 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: September 2, 2016 04:32

Tickets will be on sale on September 4: [www.ticketmaster.ca]

The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé: A Trip Across Latin America
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 2, 2016 23:20

Film's closing The American Film Institute (AFI) 2016 AFI Latin American Film Festival at the AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center in Silver Spring MD.

THE ROLLING STONES OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ!: A TRIP ACROSS LATIN AMERICA

U.S. Premiere!

On their first tour through Latin America in a decade, the Rolling Stones take a rollicking trip through Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Peru and Colombia, culminating with their greatest challenge yet: preparing for a historic free concert in Havana, Cuba. Veteran concert filmmaker Paul Dugdale follows the Stones with complete access as they prepare for the tour and play their greatest hits for ravenous fans, in this electrifying rock doc. DIR/SCR Paul Dugdale; SCR/PROD Sam Bridger. UK, 2016, color, 105 min, DCP. In English. NOT RATED

Directors: Paul Dugdale
Run Time: 105 Minutes
Genre: Documentary - music
Opening Date: Saturday, October 01, 2016

Showtimes

Saturday, October 01, 2016
09:00 PM

Wednesday, October 05, 2016
07:30 PM

[silver.afi.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé: A Trip Across Latin America
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 3, 2016 14:04

Silver Spring??....that's close to ME!!

Just bought tickets...Ole', Ole"! hot smiley

Thank you, bye bye johnny. smiling smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: September 3, 2016 19:54

Ole! Got some tix for USA Premiere and hotel a six minute walk away for the After Party!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 3, 2016 23:01

Oh boy! Exciting new setlists with new, more appropriate sidemen! I can't wait! Arriba!

Date: September 4, 2016 00:49

Good luck to those seeking tickets at TIFF. Their website is horrible and their admin is worse. I bought a couple packages, including one for several Galas, and they messed it up so badly that I am shut out of the Gala for Ole. It's been a 4-day battle and I'm not quite giving up, but the single tickets go on sale tomorrow morning and it's already sold out. I did get a ticket for a regular screening on the last day, but (to quote Sheldon Cooper) that is hollow succour, etc etc... I am going to make them as miserable as they are making me, which is a lot. [Grumble]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 4, 2016 03:05

SomeTorontoGirl
Good luck to those seeking tickets at TIFF. Their website is horrible and their admin is worse. I bought a couple packages, including one for several Galas, and they messed it up so badly that I am shut out of the Gala for Ole. It's been a 4-day battle and I'm not quite giving up, but the single tickets go on sale tomorrow morning and it's already sold out. I did get a ticket for a regular screening on the last day, but (to quote Sheldon Cooper) that is hollow succour, etc etc... I am going to make them as miserable as they are making me, which is a lot. [Grumble]

I have faith in you, give 'em hell...and if that fails, show em your best sides. winking smiley

Date: September 4, 2016 05:44

SomeTorontoGirl

it doesn't say anything on Ticketmaster about it being sold out? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Date: September 4, 2016 16:09

Update: Just got a ticket to the premiere! Really hoping the Stones will be there now.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home