Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Track Talk: You Got Me Rocking
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 22, 2023 03:27

tommyturbo76
2002 in Anaheim, best ever as all the reviewers said back then..

[iorr.org]

The first review is from Dean Goodman who wrote: "..."You Got Me Rocking," a rather unremarkable song that never seems to go away".

I was also at this show, and honestly don't recall YGMR being played at all - some things are best left forgotten I suppose.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2023 04:54

Talkin on ya mobile again ..... HHHaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 22, 2023 08:08

Hairball

I was also at this show, and honestly don't recall YGMR being played at all - some things are best left forgotten I suppose.

What??

I'm not a big fan of You Got Me Rockin' either...but their performance was on fire that night...and the moment when Jagger sang, "I was a pitcher.." and the screen showed a clip of the Angels winning their first World Series in that very stadium just six days earlier...well, it's an understatement to say that the whole place just exploded!

Unforgettable.

Date: August 22, 2023 08:28

loog droog
Hairball

What??

I'm not a big fan of You Got Me Rockin' either...but their performance was on fire that night...and the moment when Jagger sang, "I was a pitcher.." and the screen showed a clip of the Angels winning their first World Series in that very stadium just six days earlier...well, it's an understatement to say that the whole place just exploded!

Unforgettable.

Of course the Angels winning the World Series was quite a memorable event, and the show itself was fantastic - especially being 10th row center!
But I've always been much more of an L.A. Dodgers fan anyways, and the tune itself is a real stinker, hence it was easy to forget that it was played live at that show.
I must have seen YGMR played at quite a few shows throughout the years, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you where or when. It's quite forgettable.

Date: August 22, 2023 09:01

Bashlets
It’s really generic isn’t it? Probably would have made a half way decent KISS or Bon Jovi song but The Rolling Stones no way

I can imagine someone like Justin Timberlake doing a cover version to help give themselves some rock and roll cred.
Or maybe a city slicker contemporary country artist such as Tim McGraw or Blake Shelton...yeehaw...ya'll got me rawkin' now...

Posted by: mkbbcmr ()
Date: August 22, 2023 19:48

My least favourite Stones track. Just one cliché too many, both musically and lyrics-wise. (* * 1/2)

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home