Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 29
Re: Havana Moon
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 28, 2016 13:20

when is the home release on dvd?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 28, 2016 13:27

This should look and sound good in the cinema.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 28, 2016 13:35

Posted by: barney57 ()
Date: July 28, 2016 15:09

I was there, so I'm looking forward to it smiling smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 28, 2016 15:21

Filmed by a Dutch crew winking smiley

en concertregistratie van The Rolling Stones is al een unicum op zich. Extra speciaal is dan ook dat dit plaatsvond in Cuba, waar jarenlang een verbod gold op de muziek van ‘the greatest rock ’n roll band in the world’.

Als onderdeel van de America Latina Olé Tour gaven The Rolling Stones op vrijdag 25 maart het Concert for Amity in de Cubaanse hoofdstad Havana. Een baanbrekend evenement en een historische mijlpaal, mede omdat de toegang gratis was en dit het eerste openluchtconcert was dat ooit door een Britse rockband in Cuba werd gegeven. Naar schatting kwamen er ruim een miljoen bezoekers op af en United was er ook bij. Het team van Bolke Burnaby-Lautier verzorgde de 4K DVD-registratie in opdracht van JA Digital, met Paul Dugdale als regisseur en Simon Fisher en Sam Bridger als producers.

Uitdagende klus

In Cuba is weinig te krijgen, dus al het benodigde materiaal moest meegenomen worden. Bolke: “Twaalf pallets aan equipment, in totaal 3.800 kilo die we met luchtvracht hebben verstuurd. Maar het is lastig exporteren naar Cuba; er is veel overheidsbemoeienis. Daarnaast zijn er veel beperkingen en verboden omtrent materiaal, frequenties, noem maar op. Bovendien hadden we niet de beschikking over een volledige OBV, waar we juist gewend zijn om mee te werken. Dus hebben we heel ‘Rock ’n Roll’ een regiesetje onder het podium gebouwd, Mick Jagger stond letterlijk boven onze hoofden te springen. Gezien de omstandigheden kijk ik toch terug op een soepele onderneming.”

[www.united4all.nl]

Re: The Rolling Stones - Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 28, 2016 15:35

Is it playing in multiple cities? I signed up for the email, but didn't notice any cities listed.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 28, 2016 15:42

It said a thousand cities around the world.
Maybe they're waiting to see what cities people sign up from :E

That poster is less than stunning.
[peering hard] What is the b&w thing to the right of the stage
that looks like Elizabeth I with clown make-up on? (Please don't say
"That's Mick Jagger, lead singer for the Rolling Stones" o.0 )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-28 15:48 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 28, 2016 15:58

But not in the US?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 28, 2016 17:00

I signed up for the email updates, too, from the one page website.

If it's playing anywhere driving distance that night, I'm there.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 28, 2016 17:19

HMS
They indeed release another "nobody-really-needs-this"-package including the same setlist as Hyde Park? Very disappointing... they try to sell us useless stuff and put the Fonda gig on the shelf. It seems they need a better consigliere.

They're not "trying to sell us useless stuff", they are selling useless stuff.

Unless one finds something as historical as playing Cuba as something that's not useless and, considering the show, I'd say it's not useless at all but rather their last great moment in terms of scheduling and being the first to play Cuba.

Hyde Park is probably similar even though they fixed the screw ups: it has historical weight to it. Same ol' songs, sure, but everyone knows that. So why you so... surprised?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 28, 2016 18:37

What´s so special about playing Cuba? It´s a venue like any other. It´s music, not politics. They played Russia as well as China but they didnt use it as an excuse for releasing another package with the same well-known content. They always seem to release the concerts with the biggest crowds, hoping everybody who was there is going to buy it, very disappointing. I wonder why there isnt a Glastonbury-release yet. That way of thinking means we never get the Fonda gig.

Date: July 28, 2016 18:44

with sssoul

You're assessment of the poster as "less than stunning" is very generous, it is shocking! The moon has the appearance of a 10 pin bowling ball and the sovereign you refer to in the top right of the stage must surely be James II, all very strange!

Date: July 28, 2016 18:51

HMS
What´s so special about playing Cuba?

... If you can't imagine what's so special about a Rolling Stones show being put on
for people who had been waiting all their lives to experience something like that,
I am sorry for you.

I was at the 1990 Prague show, where Vaclav Havel worked it so that a ticket to the show
functioned as a one-day visa to (then) Czechoslovakia. Even that amount of freedom of movement
was unheard-of in the just-post Communist countries at that time, and the 100 thousand people who attended
were ready to find the show special just for that alone. And then the Rolling Stones lifted us up
with a full-fledged say-hallelujah fireworks-and-all Rolling Stones show and we knew we were free at last.
When Mick Jagger asked this crowd of first-timers from lands whose default mood had always been disappointment
and who had never had free access to a wide range of anything - music included -
when Mick asked us "What's your favourite flavour" and against all odds we knew the answer and roared back "cherry red!"
I nearly wept for the glorious joy of how rock & roll had broken down barriers. I'm nearly weeping now just remembering it.

And that's what's so special about shows like the one in Cuba

I love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-28 21:10 by with sssoul.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 28, 2016 18:53

HMS
What´s so special about playing Cuba? It´s a venue like any other. It´s music, not politics. They played Russia as well as China but they didnt use it as an excuse for releasing another package with the same well-known content. They always seem to release the concerts with the biggest crowds, hoping everybody who was there is going to buy it, very disappointing. I wonder why there isnt a Glastonbury-release yet. That way of thinking means we never get the Fonda gig.

What is so special about the show in Cuba? Well you may start by reading these reports:

[www.iorr.org]

[stoneslife.org]

[stoneslife.org]

Cuba is a poor country being under economical embargo by USA and most of the world for more than five decades. The show in Havana was free and it was a crowd of more than half a million local Cuban people. It was a very special show indeed, and I am so happy they made a filf of it.

Bjornulf

Date: July 28, 2016 19:04

Hear, hear! I am sure the magnitude and significance of the Stones Havana gig cannot truly be understood by anyone other than the local Cuban population.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 28, 2016 19:07

with sssoul
HMS

... If you can't imagine what's so special about a Rolling Stones show being put on
for people who had been waiting all their lives to experience something like that,
I am sorry for you.

I was at the 1990 Prague show, where Vaclav Havel worked it so that a ticket to the show
functioned as a one-day visa to (then) Czechoslovakia. Even that amount of freedom of movement
was unheard-of in the just-post Communist countries at that time, and the 100 thousand people who attended
were ready to find the show special just for that alone. And then the Rolling Stones lifted us up
with a full-fledged say-hallelujah fireworks-and-all Rolling Stones show and we knew we were free at last.
When Mick Jagger asked this crowd of first-timers from lands whose default mood had always been disappointment
and who had never had free access to a wide range of anything - music included -
when Mick asked us "What's your favourite flavour" and we roared back "cherry red!"
I nearly wept for the surreal joy of it. I'm nearly crying now just remembering it.

*Outstanding review thumbs up

Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 28, 2016 20:12

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 28, 2016 20:25

35love
with sssoul
HMS

I am sorry for you.

when Mick asked us "What's your favourite flavour" and we roared back "cherry red!"
I nearly wept for the surreal joy of it. I'm nearly crying now just remembering it.

amazing report! Yes! this is what The Rolling Stones do!

shared joy in a common language!

go, boys, go!

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 28, 2016 20:29

with sssoul

I don't see any Elizabeth I in clown makeup
which right of the stage are you referring to?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 28, 2016 21:00

35love
with sssoul
HMS

I am sorry for you.

very well put.
you got really sssoul.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 29, 2016 04:44

So there are 2 films coming out. Havana Moon is just the Cuba concert. OLE OLE is a doc on the entire Latin American tour but with an emphasis on Cubas logistical set up. Am I getting this right?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 29, 2016 05:17

with sssoul
HMS

I am sorry for you.

when Mick asked us "What's your favourite flavour" and against all odds we knew the answer and roared back "cherry red!"
I nearly wept for the glorious joy of how rock & roll had broken down barriers. I'm nearly weeping now just remembering it.

Thank you so much for this very enjoyable and heartfelt review of that concert, sssoul! smiling smiley

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: July 29, 2016 07:09

Is that "the Moon "on top of the poster, that round thing ? Why there's a whole in it ?
I kept wondering what it is/was, but I think it must be the moon.

Luckily, the moon looks different, when you look at it from Holland.

Never seen such an ugly Stones-poster !

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 29, 2016 08:35

I thought it was a shaved sea urchin ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 29, 2016 08:38

This should be just an hour documentary, with little of the actual concert, and shown on Netflix. Hyde was lame enough, it's much too early if they're trying to sell this as a DVD release. I just hope it doesn't get it in the way of the Vault Releases.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 29, 2016 12:31

I agree that Cuba was a historical event and on and on and that it was special for reasons others already have explained.

But the music - and that is what matters to me - wasnt special at all. So this release, if there should be indeed a release on DVD/BR or whatever, is useless from a musical point of view. Watching the DVD all you´ll see is the Stones looking just the same as always playing just the same songs as always. This usual setlist is very well documented on the Hyde-Park-releases.

The Fonda gig on the other hand is of great musical importance: It was the first time the Stones played the entire SF-album live and they were really cooking. This release would be worth the money, Cuba isnt, imo.

If they would release a DVD-Box containing SF-Live (entire show), a tour-rarities DVD 2012-15 and the Cuba-gig it would be fine with me and I would rush to buy it. But a single-Cuba-DVD, no thank you Sirs, no need for a Hyde-Park-twin.

Date: July 29, 2016 13:11

24FPS
This should be just an hour documentary, with little of the actual concert, and shown on Netflix. Hyde was lame enough, it's much too early if they're trying to sell this as a DVD release. I just hope it doesn't get it in the way of the Vault Releases.

The posters say "in cinemas only"

Date: July 29, 2016 13:14

Mr.D
This video is being released by the lawyer who put up the money for the show in Cuba

So buying a ticket to it is like participating in the funding of it?

Date: July 29, 2016 13:32

CloudCat
I don't see any Elizabeth I in clown makeup
which right of the stage are you referring to?

The one to the right? Manofwealthandtaste (who should know) says it's James II, and I see that now.
The blue masses are bubbling up in a happiness revolution. The bowling ball keeps on turning.
It's not a good poster.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 29, 2016 17:34

The trailer is on [youtu.be] now!

Oh it has been for a while already. Sorry!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-29 17:37 by RipThisBone.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home