Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 2, 2016 19:49

Irix
MisterDDDD

Perhaps to not confuse/interfere with tour business/promotion?

Yep, the Stones play 3 Live-shows on 7th, 14th and 19th October 2016 at the US-Westcoast -- the advertising for the 'Havana Moon' Theatrical release (23th September 2016) could affect the advertising for the Live-shows and confuse the audience.

The concerts are all sold out. I can't see a problem with that. Maybe they didn't find a cinema company which would like to show the movie because of poor sales in the past?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: August 2, 2016 20:38

I understand that what happened in Cuba is historical and that the show was a big moment for the country. But the show itself, its the same show as Hyde Park but in a different place. Going up there and going through the motions. Unless there is a good documentary this doesn't get me excited at all.

I mean when the lights go out and the cameras are rolling its just about the Stones performing.

At a time in music where many great bands are no longer with us. The ones who are seem to understand that a new tour means do new things. Really hoping that a new album means they change something with the show they have been putting on the last several years. The show they do in the fall with Dylan I am afraid will be the same thing. They have too many good songs to bring out the same 20 every night.

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: August 2, 2016 22:22

Here some cinemas in Germany

UCI KINOWELT - Neudorfer Str. 36-40 - DUISBURG
CinemaxX RRZ - Humboldtring Parkpl. 4 - MÜLHEIM
CinemaxX - Berliner Platz 4/5 - ESSEN
UCI KINOWELT - Am Einkaufszentrum 22 - BOCHUM
CineStar - Steinstraße 44 - DORTMUND
CinemaxX - Am Hauptbahnhof 3 - KREFELD
CineStar - Luise-Albertz-Platz 1 - OBERHAUSEN
dazu noch 3 Kinos in Düsseldorf, 1x Köln-Hürth, einmal Coesfeld, 1x M'Gladbach und eines in Wuppertal

That are cinemas in the region NRW (Nordrhein-Westfalen)

CineStar Petersstraße 44 - LEIPZIG
UCI KINOWELT Merseburger Straße 17a - LEIPZIG

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 2, 2016 22:30

On Musicscreen website (the company responsible for the film distribution) there's a list of global cinema screens which might be screening this movie:

[batchgeo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-02 22:46 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 2, 2016 22:45

Oh dear

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 3, 2016 00:03

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Date: August 3, 2016 01:37

“The Rolling Stones concert in Cuba was one of the best in the world”

According to Adam Wilkes, president of entertainment company AEG Live Asia, which organized the famous Rolling Stones concert in Cuba

When Adam Wilkes was born in Woodstock, more than a decade had already passed since that legendary music festival from the hippie era which put that U.S. town on the map. However, Adam has always been aware of the cultural significance of his birthplace, which has followed him in his creative experiences as President of entertainment company AEG Live Asia, which organized the famous Rolling Stones concert in Cuba.

Wilkes was the AEG Live representative behind the concert of their Satanic Majesties on the island, a defining moment which Wil­kes even went as far as likening it to the spirit of Woodstock ’69. “There are lots of big concerts, but there are some on this long list which, given their symbolism, become historic events, like what happened first with Woodstock ’69 and then almost 50 years later with the Rolling Stones concert in Cuba.”

Adam arrived in Havana in January to start working with Cuban authorities to prepare the historic show, which will be available to watch beginning September 23 in cinemas around the world. According to the Cuban Music Institute (ICM) the band will cede their rights to the material in order to allow it to be screened on the island. “We came for the first time in December for a very quick meeting with the ICM. It was a positive meeting and we all felt that we were going to make the concert happen. I personally returned within a week, in January and my team and I stayed until the show was over. The team grew to 100 people, and by the end, 350 people had traveled to Cuba to prepare the concert. We received tremendous support from the Cuban government, the ICM and other organizations which participated in the event. This was the biggest concert in the world in the last 10 years. Although it was very important for Cuba, I also feel that it was a global event.”

What didAEG Live think of the response from the Cuban public and opportunity to work in Cuba?

AEG Live is one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world. Our headquarters is in Los Angeles but we have offices all over the world. We have experience working in different countries and situations. I manage our Asia office and am based in Shanghai. When we began preparing for the Concert in Cuba, there were a lot of details that both sides had to learn about, as a concert of that size had never been held on the island, and we had to organize it all within a short period of time. We normally organize this type of event 12-18 months in advance, but we did this project in just three months.

What were your expectations before the concert?

We didn’t know what was going to happen before the concert. Personally, the more I learned about Cuban culture, the more I got excited about the idea of the concert. Obviously I conveyed all of this to the band, but until they were there they couldn’t understand what it was all about. The band travels with a group of people who have been with them for many years. There are people who have been with the group for over 30 years. So, they have lots of experience preparing Ro­lling Stones concerts, and for the band, their families, and managers, the concert was one of the best in the world.

What did you think of Cuba’s ability to host these kinds of mega-concerts?

We are very lucky that the concerttook place at this moment in history because things are now changing following the reestablishment of diplomatic relations between Cuba and the United States. We established a starting point with the concert and it’s difficult to know where this road will lead, but it’s clear that there’s important work ahead. The Rolling Stones are a reference for other artists and we’re certain that other great groups will come to Cuba.

Why was the Ciudad Deportiva chosen as the location for the concert?

We were thinking about a couple of sites for the concert. We had to find one that met all the specific requirements, could be modified within our limited timeframe and could hold a large number of people. The Ciudad Deportiva seemed perfect to us. Speaking of settings for future shows, I think Havana has some fantastic locations. But if we’re talking about concerts like that of the Rolling Stones the Ciudad Deportiva is excellent.

AEG Live works with artists such as Paul McCartney, Ringo Star, Coldplay, Marc Anthony, Ma­roon 5. Are there plans to organize concerts with these outstanding musicians in Cuba?

In truth we work with lots of artists. I’m really excited to talk to them about the opportunities we see in Cuba and look for ways to bring them over here. I’ve had lots of dreams which I hope can come true.

But, Cuba itself also has world-class talents which a lot of people don’t know about. There’s a great opportunity for Cuban artists to perform in other parts of the world, like the U.S. and Europe. The global community is fascinated with Cuba, a country which could easily host those massive music festivals which take place in Europe and the United States and attract people from all over the planet.

[en.granma.cu]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 3, 2016 03:06

This is looking goo-oo-oo-ood (and I am saying "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, WHOOO!!!")... Antwerp; my home town. Welcome, Havana Moon; welcome, Stones fans from around the world. Beer's ready!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 3, 2016 06:01

with sssoul
Oh dear

What's closest to you, Chico? Not calling you Chicka.
I am 2 hr. drive to Chico, Friday night, how much could a movie ticket cost?
Periscope? Is that against the law? I don't break the law.

Date: August 3, 2016 10:45

Somewhere in Czekia appears to be the closest to me.
(Not calling you Chicka either! :E )
And yes, periscoping a film would most likely be against the law. Don't do that!

Date: August 3, 2016 10:49

alieb
idk but Toronto is getting that TIFF documentary about the show, maybe didn't want to take away from that?
Shame though, I would have liked to at least try to see it.

The documentary scheduled for the TIFF isn't this, though - it's about the whole SA tour.
I'm not sure it includes anything about the Cuba show. I'd guess not, or not much.

Confusing. [peering hard] Is that a two-DVD release I see on the horizon?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 3, 2016 13:55

Anyone else having difficulties in filling out the Captcha at stonesincuba.com ??

I just can't see neither letters nor numbers. confused smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 3, 2016 18:16

Never mind USA, I got confirmation no USA showings.
There goes my Friday night drive to Chico party Stones town.
oh well
Have fun all those that get a chance!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 4, 2016 13:02

Tickets for cinemas in France:

fnactickets

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 4, 2016 14:30

[www.cinemaxx.de]

Teilnehmende CinemaxX Kinos: Augsburg, Berlin, Bielefeld, Bremen, Dresden, Essen, Freiburg, Göttingen, Halle, Hannover, Hamburg-Dammtor, Hamburg-Harburg, Heilbronn, Kiel, Krefeld, Magdeburg, Mülheim, München, Oldenburg, Offenbach, Regensburg, Sindelfingen, Stuttgart an der Liederhalle, Trier, Wolfsburg, Wuppertal, Würzburg

Tickets in Germany. Just got my tickets for Sindelfingen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-04 14:38 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 4, 2016 18:14

Got my tickets today smiling smiley Looking forward to the screening and the release in Nov.

Re: Havana Moon
Date: August 4, 2016 18:46

DandelionPowderman
Wasn't it called "Olé, Olé, Olé"?

(iorr.org)

Date: August 4, 2016 20:10

Full list of Italian cinemas: [www.nexodigital.it]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 4, 2016 20:10

Perhaps the reason it's not being shown in the US isn't because they have shows coming up, which is completely irrelevant and ignorant, but maybe because of a nod to political imprisoning of people and cultures over the years. Or perhaps more likely, they couldn't secure theatres so said the hell with it.

So what if some iots here say it's the same as (enter recent release title here) - THEY don't need/have to BUY it.

I bought THE BIGGEST BANG. Since I bought it and watched it to me it's moot and nothing compared to FOUR FLICKS. But, ha ha, I can say that because it's an observation (which means, ha ha ha ha ha, it's fact).

I haven't gotten SWEET SUMMER SUN (nor did I get HYDE PARK 2013). I don't know if I'm interested enough (especially since they edited the best part, Keith's wonking of the beginning of Start Me Up) - and it's not like I can't get it. I may get it at some point... perhaps just for Emotional Rescue. HYDE PARK that is. It's not on SSSun.

But what if some of these iots that are complaining about HAVANA MOON bought HAMPTON and ROUNDHAY? I did. And guess what - OH MY IT'S THE SAME SONGS.

Oh dear... LA FRIDAY has the same songs that are on LOVE YOU LIVE. I bought LA FRIDAY.

Oh my gawd, TOKYO has the same songs that are on FLASHPOINT. I bought TOKYO.

I chose not to buy LIGHT THE FUSE because of THE BIGGEST BANG (and SHINE A LIGHT certainly didn't help). Just not interested, not because it has the same songs.

Whiners.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 4, 2016 20:12

As the screening will be in 4K I hope they will also release the film as UHD Blu Ray.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 4, 2016 20:17

Any UK screenings?

Date: August 4, 2016 20:39

Australia: [villagecinemas.com.au]

New Zealand: [www.eventcinemas.co.nz]

Belgium: [www.cinepointcom.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-04 22:07 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 4, 2016 20:41

Direct link for the Schleswig-Holstonians grinning smiley...KIEL:

[www.cinemaxx.de]

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: August 5, 2016 02:08

Cristiano Radtke
Australia: [villagecinemas.com.au]

New Zealand: [www.eventcinemas.co.nz]

Belgium: [www.cinepointcom.be]

Thanks Cristiano for the heads-up!! Got my tickets today :-)

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: August 5, 2016 02:39

My pleasure, Richard. Enjoy! smileys with beer

Date: August 5, 2016 02:49

Date: August 5, 2016 14:08

No Poland, right? I don't even know where to look 8[

Date: August 5, 2016 14:38

GasLightStreet
Perhaps the reason it's not being shown in the US isn't because they have shows coming up, which is completely irrelevant and ignorant, but maybe because of a nod to political imprisoning of people and cultures over the years. Or perhaps more likely, they couldn't secure theatres so said the hell with it.

So what if some iots here say it's the same as (enter recent release title here) - THEY don't need/have to BUY it.

I bought THE BIGGEST BANG. Since I bought it and watched it to me it's moot and nothing compared to FOUR FLICKS. But, ha ha, I can say that because it's an observation (which means, ha ha ha ha ha, it's fact).

I haven't gotten SWEET SUMMER SUN (nor did I get HYDE PARK 2013). I don't know if I'm interested enough (especially since they edited the best part, Keith's wonking of the beginning of Start Me Up) - and it's not like I can't get it. I may get it at some point... perhaps just for Emotional Rescue. HYDE PARK that is. It's not on SSSun.

But what if some of these iots that are complaining about HAVANA MOON bought HAMPTON and ROUNDHAY? I did. And guess what - OH MY IT'S THE SAME SONGS.

Oh dear... LA FRIDAY has the same songs that are on LOVE YOU LIVE. I bought LA FRIDAY.

Oh my gawd, TOKYO has the same songs that are on FLASHPOINT. I bought TOKYO.

I chose not to buy LIGHT THE FUSE because of THE BIGGEST BANG (and SHINE A LIGHT certainly didn't help). Just not interested, not because it has the same songs.

Whiners.

Isn't ER on SSS??

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 5, 2016 15:22

hockenheim95
[www.cinemaxx.de]

Teilnehmende CinemaxX Kinos: Augsburg, Berlin, Bielefeld, Bremen, Dresden, Essen, Freiburg, Göttingen, Halle, Hannover, Hamburg-Dammtor, Hamburg-Harburg, Heilbronn, Kiel, Krefeld, Magdeburg, Mülheim, München, Oldenburg, Offenbach, Regensburg, Sindelfingen, Stuttgart an der Liederhalle, Trier, Wolfsburg, Wuppertal, Würzburg

Tickets in Germany. Just got my tickets for Sindelfingen.

Damn! Hürth is missing... wtf??

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 5, 2016 15:53

waterrats, I think the list of German cities is not complete or finalized. By next month we should see a lot of additions. This was the case for the other films in recent years.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home