Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: meck1211 ()
Date: August 29, 2016 13:17

Rolling stones, Cuba and USA.

"Süddeutsche Zeitung" reported that 100 Stonesfans weren`t able to book Havana Moon in UCI cinemas.

Paypal sent money back because they aren`t allowed to do any having to do with Cuba.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 29, 2016 18:45

Montevideo, Uruguay: [www.movie.com.uy]

Posted by: stein ()
Date: August 29, 2016 19:00

tioms
Posted by: stein ()
Date: August 23, 2016 21:04

Norway will screen this film monday 26. sept as the only country in Europe. Australia and New Zealand will also be a few days late

???
Belgium, Kinepolis, Antwerp 23 sep. Hall 6.
Greets,

I mean the only country in Europe later than 23, sept

Date: August 29, 2016 21:19

Canada: [www.theregenttheatre.org]

[www.cineplex.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 15:48 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: August 30, 2016 16:04

The Island of Malta is not listed on the movie website, but there will be a screening there: [www.edencinemas.com.mt]

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 30, 2016 16:39

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 31, 2016 18:46

odean73
Cristiano Radtke
Monkeytonkman
This is doing my swede in. when are the UK cinemas going to be announced

I wanna shake my booty and keep it fruity that night!!!!!

\m/cool smiley\m/

UK cinemas are already listed at Stones in Cuba website: [stonesincuba.com]

Thanks.

Bit surprised it's Birmingham odeon,one big cinema divided into about six.

Nice to go back to my first concert venue thou.

so with a name like Odeon 73 does that mean that this is some kinda 42 year anniversay?

Date: August 31, 2016 20:02

The complete list of cities in Brazil is already up at the movie website and my hometown is included! Yay! hot smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 1, 2016 00:24

Monkeytonkman
odean73
Cristiano Radtke
Monkeytonkman

\m/cool smiley\m/

Thanks.

so with a name like Odeon 73 does that mean that this is some kinda 42 year anniversay?

You are spot on.thumbs up

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 1, 2016 10:46

odean73
Monkeytonkman
odean73
Cristiano Radtke
Monkeytonkman

\m/cool smiley\m/

Thanks.

Well thats a beautiful thing. I will give ya a beer if I can find you!!!!!

\m/

Date: September 2, 2016 00:14

Monkeytonkman
odean73
Monkeytonkman
odean73
Cristiano Radtke
Monkeytonkman

\m/cool smiley\m/

Thanks.

\m/

Cheers, I will be there.

Date: September 2, 2016 22:58

The movie will be screened in Brazil in October 6. I guess now it's my turn to not read this thread after September 23. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 3, 2016 14:33

Duke Richardson and I have tickets for Havana Moon in London ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 5, 2016 02:09

Fathom Events is going to pick this up in the USA, it's just a matter of time.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 5, 2016 17:25

ErwinH
Duke Richardson and I have tickets for Havana Moon in London ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beer

Hey hey wait for me!!smileys with beer

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 5, 2016 17:33

Wild Slivovitz
ErwinH

Hey hey wait for me!!smileys with beer

Ooppsss.... Yes yes, I've got a ticket for you :-)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2016 15:51

Canada's theaters are finally up!!
Just booked for Vancouver.

Planning on taking my 19 year old daughter.. only adult (14+) tix were available.. surely there's not an age limit(?)

Date: September 7, 2016 17:56

I sent Fathom an email and asked on their FB page regarding US distribution. They handled the theatrical releases of Ladies and Gentleman, Texas 78, etc. Most likely they are in negotiations right now for this. I can't imagine the Stones using a different distributor for this other than Fathom.

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: September 7, 2016 23:27

I contacted Fathom events and they stated they would not broadcast "havana moon".

Date: September 8, 2016 15:07

Ireland (Belfast and Cork): [www.omniplex.ie]

Date: September 8, 2016 20:07

I also contacted Fathom Events and got a "I've passed it along to our programming team to see if they can work out a deal."

Seriously are they really not going to find a distributor for the US?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 12, 2016 10:35

Confirmed. It will not be shown on my local cinema. I will have to travel about 140 km to be able to see it. Which I would have done in the 90s. Probably not so much now.
I think it will be shown on about a dozen SF (Swedish Film) cinemas around the country. Not mine though...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 12, 2016 19:51

odean73
Monkeytonkman
odean73
Monkeytonkman
odean73
Cristiano Radtke
Monkeytonkman

\m/cool smiley\m/

Thanks.

\m/

Cheers, I will be there.

This is beautiful but maths not a strong point Moneytonkman? 43 year anniversary

Date: September 13, 2016 20:53

I am now losing hope that we will get to see this on the big screen in the United States.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: September 14, 2016 13:37

mnewman505
I am now losing hope that we will get to see this on the big screen in the United States.

Fandango has a Havana Moon "Buy Tickets" page but no other information on it.
[www.fandango.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 14, 2016 14:24

Note: The following text may contain spoilers !! cool smiley

THE ROLLING STONES: HAVANA MOON is a film documenting The Rolling Stones concert in Cuba in March 2016.

LANGUAGE
There is infrequent use of mild bad language including 'shit', 'ass' and 'piss'. A man in the concert crowd wears a T-shirt with the words 'still pissed at Yoko' written across it.

SEX
There are mild sex references in the song lyrics, including a reference to going for a ride, whipping, and the lyrics of the song Brown Sugar about a girl tasting good. A female performer on stage dances suggestively with Mick Jagger as she moves her buttocks towards his crotch.

NUDITY
There is a brief dark shot of a topless woman in the concert crowd.

There are mild drug references in song lyrics, including a reference to "booze and pills and powder". Two band members smoke throughout the concert.

[www.bbfc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-14 14:24 by Lien.

Date: September 14, 2016 15:36

exhpart
odean73
Monkeytonkman
odean73
Monkeytonkman
odean73
Cristiano Radtke
Monkeytonkman

\m/cool smiley\m/

Thanks.

\m/

Cheers, I will be there.

This is beautiful but maths not a strong point Moneytonkman? 43 year anniversary

It is 43 years and i am sure the concert was in September as well.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 14, 2016 18:40

Lien

[www.bbfc.co.uk]

Already posted here: [iorr.org] .

Maybe it's a solace for the Stones-fans in the United States that apparently not the whole concert will be shown in cinema.

The runtime in cinema is stated with 120 mins while the runtime for the Video release is stated with 138 mins. BV has stated for the Cuba show 134 mins runtime: [iorr.org] .

The german motion-picture-rating 'FSK' lists on [www.spio-fsk.de] the 5 Tracks: 'Tumbling Dice' , 'All Down The Line' , 'Before They Make Me Run' , 'Miss You' and 'Start Me Up' as Bonus for the Video release.

5 Tracks are also listed as 'Extras' on the [www.bbfc.co.uk] website (dropdown-menu 'Components List').

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-14 19:30 by Irix.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 15, 2016 15:45

I won tickets from App competition today! Not bad.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 16, 2016 10:06

.THE ROLLING STONES IN CUBA Mick Jagger talks Fidel Castro, learning Spanish and staying match-fit aged 73
Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger opens up about the band's first gig in Cuba and the release of their film Havana Moon
UNDER Fidel Castro’s repressive regime, Cubans can’t always get what they want.

But on Good Friday this year, despite concerns from The Pope, the Rolling Stones gave half a million of them what they needed.
A blast of unbridled rock ’n’ roll from the world’s greatest live band.

“Hello Havana! Good evening to my Cuban people,” roared Mick Jagger in his finest Spanish to a wild reception.

Now that momentous event is being celebrated by a film, Havana Moon, premiered in cinemas for one night only next Friday.

And frontman Mick Jagger, still swaggering at 73, shared these illuminating thoughts on it with SFTW?.?.?.
You had some fun calling the film Havana Moon, a nod to an old Chuck Berry song?.?.?.?

Yeah, I thought it was a kind of fun little reference. When we were looking for a title, that just popped into my head, although it’s a long time since I’ve heard that song. It’s really moody, and I thought it would work really well for a title. Everyone seemed to like it.

Presumably you never thought about playing in Cuba because it was never a possibility before?

No, I don’t think we ever thought of playing there. Then a couple of years ago, it started to be mentioned by people because the American restrictions were easing, bit by bit.

We probably could have played there ages ago, but it would have been quite difficult. A lot of my friends, going back three, four, five years, were saying, “Why don’t you do a concert there?”
Was this like the final frontier for the Stones in terms of live locations?

Not really, no. We’ve played one gig in Africa. That’s a big place. Like to go back. And maybe India as well.

Had you been to Cuba before?

Yeah, I’d always wanted to go. I have a house in the Caribbean and kept thinking, “I’ve got to go before it changes”. So I went last October/November with some friends?.?.?.? just Havana. It was very quiet, off season, really lovely, and I went to a lot of music clubs to get a feeling of the place. There were no tourists around, so it was an “only Cubans” thing.

I met a few people and got the feeling of how it would be if we played there, whether it would be exciting and what people thought. I was scoping it out but also having a really good time.
Did any fan mail for the band ever get through from Cuba in the past?

No, I don’t remember any. It’s very close to America, so the radio overlaps and there’s a lot of exchange of music. The people all knew about The Beatles and the Rolling Stones etc.

It was cut off, yes, and it was difficult to get things there, but it was the same in Poland. People got music if they were that interested. We went to Poland in 1966?.?.?.? a weird one. It was a much more repressed state than Cuba.

(Jagger reflects on the slow pace of change in Cuba but also finds glimmers of hope. He continues?.?.?.?)

Recently, there was an amazing month for Cuba. You had the Pope, Obama, Major Lazer and then the Stones, all there. But you’d have to ask Cuban people whether they’re feeling anything or not. It’s not a free place, you’re still not allowed to say what you like, you’re still not allowed to assemble and you’re not allowed much internet access. It appears to the outside world that this is a liberated place but I don’t know the answer to that.
In the other film we’ve made about Latin America, called Olé Olé Olé! (a documentary following the Stones on their 2016 trip through Latin America, culminating in their concert in Havana), there’s a lot of that history.

There was repression in a lot of Latin American countries because they were right-wing military dictatorships. It also happened in Franco’s Spain where they banned rock ’n’ roll and in the Soviet satellite countries and the Soviet Union. So Fidel Castro copied the Soviet Union’s banning of bourgeois, decadent music. That didn’t last forever.

Rock ’n’ roll is just one part of the cultural jigsaw. You need all these parts. You need cultural and political exchanges on every level. Movies, music and television are all part of the dialogue.
Did the crowd behave differently from your audiences in other countries?

They were super-enthusiastic and dancing but they seemed to know the songs. They behaved just like a Latin American audience at some of the other concerts. It didn’t feel like you were in another world.

There was a lot of waving of smartphones. On top of it all, they appear to be just like us, but underneath, I think it’s problematic though everyone’s used to it.
dream
So your impressions of Havana were good?

I love it. I’d love to go back. People were wonderful, so welcoming and the music was great. The history of it is very interesting, it goes back a really long way and I’d love to explore it a bit more.
Did you get another chance to explore the city before or after the concert?

There was no time. You arrive one day?.?.?.? it’s a kerfuffle of press. You go and eat and do the gig and the next day you’re gone. It’s almost impossible to get much of an impression. There was a party at the British Embassy.

But you’re trying to concentrate on doing the show. I had a lot of fun with it, because I’d been there for a couple of weeks before, and it was fresh in my mind, and I met people that I’d met. But if I hadn’t been there before, I would have been in this rush to try and get everything right for the show, which was a bit up in the air.
The show came eight days after the previous date of the América Latina Olé tour in Mexico City. Is eight days a short enough time to stay match-fit for the next show?

It’s a bit of a gap, but you’ve got to keep going. You have to do all your vocal practices and exercises. I think I went to the West Indies and everyone else went to Miami. I had to get good for that show. I didn’t want to disappoint the Cubans.

You spoke quite a lot of Spanish during the show. Do you speak the language?

Not really but I find it quite easy. If I prep it, I can get by. I’d just been doing Spanish for almost the whole tour, apart from the whole Brazil part, which is Portuguese and more difficult. So I was kind of OK. Even my daughter Jade gave me a grudging compliment. Her Spanish is quite good and she said, “Your Spanish wasn’t bad”. I said, “Well, I’ve been doing it for three months or so”.
I think you’ve got to make the effort to talk to people in their own language. Even if you make a mess of it, it doesn’t matter. I think people appreciate you trying. A lot of people speak English, but not everywhere, so it’s good to do phrases. The thing about Spanish is that it’s different in each country, they have different words and slang and ways of pronouncing it. Someone said, “You can’t pronounce it like that, you’re speaking like a Chilean”, I was like, “What’s wrong with that?!”
The appearance of the local choir, Entrevoces, for the encore of You Can’t Always Get What You Want was very stirring?.?.?.?

The Cuban choir were very good. We have a network of choirs all over the world. We do a practice with them the day before and then, if we can, we do one on the day, backstage or on stage.
The Stones have been captured on film on stage in many different settings, but it must be nice to have a permanent reminder of this particular show?

Yeah, I think so. It was a really special night for Cubans, and some of the older people said they never thought it would ever happen, that that kind of world had kind of passed them by. The younger people don’t think quite like that. They just want to have a good time.
They don’t have to be all outdoor free concerts, because that’s really hard to do. But they do like an outdoor free concert! I hope other people will follow and overcome the difficulties, so that it becomes more of a stop on the trail, because Cuban people will love it. They had a special night and it was a wonderful thing for us as well.

Havana Moon will be premiered at cinemas globally for one night only on Friday, September 23. See stonesincuba.com.
/[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-16 10:07 by Lien.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home