Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 18, 2016 21:30

This will be a sold-out screening, I guess:

Buenos Aires, Argentina: [todoshowcase.com]

Posted by: stein ()
Date: August 18, 2016 21:38

Will be on duty and get paid for see the film. Amps will run into red sone that night

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 19, 2016 15:26

OK, so it's not playing in the US...For god's sake have they said WHY? It ain't fair!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: August 19, 2016 21:09

Monkeytonkman
This is doing my swede in. when are the UK cinemas going to be announced

I wanna shake my booty and keep it fruity that night!!!!!

\m/cool smiley\m/

UK cinemas are already listed at Stones in Cuba website: [stonesincuba.com]

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: August 19, 2016 21:43

I hope it will include All Down The Line, Angie, Paint It Black and Out of Control because those are the songs that weren't in SSS. Although Keith's solo in OoC was a bit...bad >grinning smiley<

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 19, 2016 21:59

Cristiano Radtke
Monkeytonkman
This is doing my swede in. when are the UK cinemas going to be announced

I wanna shake my booty and keep it fruity that night!!!!!

\m/cool smiley\m/

UK cinemas are already listed at Stones in Cuba website: [stonesincuba.com]

Thanks.

Bit surprised it's Birmingham odeon,one big cinema divided into about six.

Nice to go back to my first concert venue thou.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 20:32

Anyone got any idea when the UK tickets might go on sale? I live 25 miles (40 km) from Oxford and definitely want to go.

Date: August 20, 2016 22:25

grzegorz67
Anyone got any idea when the UK tickets might go on sale? I live 25 miles (40 km) from Oxford and definitely want to go.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but you can book tickets for at least two cinemas here: [www.odeon.co.uk]

Date: August 21, 2016 00:15

HonkeyTonkFlash
OK, so it's not playing in the US...For god's sake have they said WHY? It ain't fair!

Sadly, they must think Americans don't want to go to theaters to see concert films. I'm guessing it may be a direct-to-disc release around November/early December for the holiday shoppers.

Date: August 21, 2016 00:23

Cristiano Radtke
grzegorz67

Perhaps I'm wrong, but you can book tickets for at least two cinemas here: [www.odeon.co.uk]

Thanks Cristiano. The 2 Oxford Cinemas on the list are also Odeon (same chain as Stoke & Tamworth, both North of Birminghsm) but are either sold out or not yet on sale. £13.50 per viewing and 2 hours long.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 21, 2016 00:25

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
HonkeyTonkFlash

Sadly, they must think Americans don't want to go to theaters to see concert films. I'm guessing it may be a direct-to-disc release around November/early December for the holiday shoppers.

Maybe they are not showing it in America to makes fans all the more hungry for tickets to the rumored fall tour!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: August 21, 2016 00:29

grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke
grzegorz67

Thanks Cristiano. The 2 Oxford Cinemas on the list are also Odeon (same chain as Stoke & Tamworth, both North of Birminghsm) but are either sold out or not yet on sale. £13.50 per viewing and 2 hours long.

Perhaps it's not on sale yet. The UK cinemas were listed only yesterday, so I doubt it's already sold out. I'm pretty sure you'll get a ticket on a cinema theater nearby where you live.

Date: August 21, 2016 00:55

Cristiano Radtke
grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke
grzegorz67

Perhaps it's not on sale yet. The UK cinemas were listed only yesterday, so I doubt it's already sold out. I'm pretty sure you'll get a ticket on a cinema theater nearby where you live.

I do hope so. Those 2 cinemas in Oxford are only 2 minutes' walk apart! I must make it along to this. I'm sorely in need of some kind of Stones fix. My last gig was the Tele2 in Stockholm on 1.7.2014. !!!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 21, 2016 20:07

grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke
grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke
grzegorz67

I do hope so. Those 2 cinemas in Oxford are only 2 minutes' walk apart! I must make it along to this. I'm sorely in need of some kind of Stones fix. My last gig was the Tele2 in Stockholm on 1.7.2014. !!!

I have been to all the recent cinema showings and they never sell out.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 22, 2016 00:14

Surely they will announce the US cinemas soon? I cannot believe they will not show it here

Date: August 22, 2016 00:17

sarahunwin
Surely they will announce the US cinemas soon? I cannot believe they will not show it here

Unless there's a change of plans, it looks like it won't be screened in US. [iorr.org]

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 22, 2016 12:02

Brum Odeon it is then!

Date: August 22, 2016 12:55

Cristiano Radtke
sarahunwin

Unless there's a change of plans, it looks like it won't be screened in US. [iorr.org]

Date: August 22, 2016 13:05

Most US cinemas are still analog and it cost about 4000 dollar for each copy. When this is a one day only it must be really expencive to produce all that for one time use, it is not a film you can reuse and sen to the next customer. On top of that you have all the shipping cost and a security guard following it. Where cineams ar digital it cost about 70 dollars to transfer it to each server and the ovner has full controll of the screning.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: August 22, 2016 14:13

From Ward Record web site.

Japan premier screening on Sep 23rd.
Yet detailed information though.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 22, 2016 15:28

So will y'all be standing up dancing and singing in the theater?
Like at a concert?
Whooping it up?
Is beer sold?
Just dreaming.
(USA)

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 22, 2016 16:17

35love
So will y'all be standing up dancing and singing in the theater?
Like at a concert?
Whooping it up?
Is beer sold?
Just dreaming.
(USA)

I believe I will.

Don't think they sell beer at the picture house i'm going to but will take my own supply and with any luck have a boogie, feelin groovy!!!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 22, 2016 17:02

Most US cinemas are still analog<<<<<

This is simply not true.

Grateful Dead Productions have been showing a previously unscreened live concert at their annual "Meet Up At The Movies" for the last 3-4 years. These are one night/one screening only events, and are digitally streamed to participating cinemas nationwide. They draw large crowds and are quite popular.

Given the U.S.'s recent overtures towards normalizing relations with Cuba (remember that President Obama's historic visit directly preceded the Stones show in Havana), common sense would tell you that this show, properly advertised, would generate great interest here.

The Stones reticence to screen Havana Moon here is dumbfounding and unfortunate.

Date: August 22, 2016 18:36

Directly sendt conserts etc streamed or sendt by satelitte dont need a server, only a projector as you must have using a DCP. They can screen it in Cinemas as TV if you have a good projector and sound system but that makes it possible to record it.
The only safe way is to transfer to TMS and server with a KDM keymanager open for the day you will screen it, if you try to screnn it more than allowed they will see it and are able to shut down everything anywhere

Date: August 22, 2016 22:01

Sweden: [www.sf.se]

[www.bioroy.se]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-23 05:30 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: August 22, 2016 22:30

Finland: [m.finnkino.fi]

Date: August 23, 2016 00:14

HonkeyTonkFlash
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
HonkeyTonkFlash

Maybe they are not showing it in America to makes fans all the more hungry for tickets to the rumored fall tour!

That could very well be, but I'd prefer to spend about $20 for a disc or at least $7 for a movie ticket to see a pro-shot film than drop a few hundred bucks on a concert ticket plus all of the merch that will be too irresistible!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 23, 2016 12:40

stein
Where cinemas are digital it cost about 70 dollars to transfer it to each server and the owner has full controll of the screening.
`

Plus each "copy" of the film has a hidden ID tag in it so the studio immediately knows where to look at if a bootleg version pops up after a screening.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 23, 2016 19:13

Shine A Light, Rio, Austin, Hyde Park, Four Flicks, Biggest Bang...

Sorry folks. I hate to be a spoil sport but we've seen this film before.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 23, 2016 19:15

rbk
I hate to be a spoil sport but we've seen this film before.

I haven't

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home