Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: ot Dolly Parton
Date: March 22, 2017 19:08

Dollie..... Pardon ME ...I was just looking at your necklace!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 22, 2017 19:36

Dolly is an American treasure!
She may dress funny and use too much makeup but the woman is the real deal when it comes to her craft. A true artist!

I wish more artists/musicians would have the same attitude and graciousness as her.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 26, 2017 10:30

1cdog
Love that picture of Mick & Dolly.

I guess Mick still laments Dolly as the one that got away.

jambay
hopkins
If respecting a deep songwriter and musician and outright historic talent gets you disqualified from being considered a Stones fan here, sign me right up and out.
I'll be behind Keith and Mick in the line tho.
She started writing hits in '64, teamed up with Porter Wagoner in '67 and went solo afterward.

Elvis wanted "I Will Always Love You" but Dolly wouldn't give the publishing to the Colonel and made ten fortunes out of just that one song, one in very many.
She believed in herself and wouldn't budge on the biggest temptation in the business, giving a song to The King but not getting proper credit or publishing right. She's tough, smart and authentic.
She's walking history and her players are the best. Her heart is giving and pure; I believe it's more than hype from personal experience.
You'd be lucky to go I think. She's an international treasure, and as sharp a businesswoman as Commander is a businessman.
She started a chain of Dollywood Theme Parks.
You know it's only time before Mick gets this idea haawwwww
Exhibition on tour but no ferris wheels just yet.
btw, it's some of the best and most pure American music you could ever hope to hear. just an opinion. She is cherished by millions and respected by everybody.
I got on to her early, as her songs were great, long before the movies and that stuff. She put out over 20 albums from 67 through 80. She is proliferate and perfect.

[www.google.com]

Right on!! thumbs up
She does has quite the resume, which I guess I always kind of knew, but I didn't know that story about Elvis and the colonel , Good for Dolly! I have known of her forever and when I have seen her on talk shows I watched and she seems like the sweetest kindest lady ever.

one of the most awwwwwww pictures ever, 2 cutey pie smiles smiling smiley

How do we know she got away from Mick?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: March 26, 2017 18:00

1cdog
Love that picture of Mick & Dolly.

I guess Mick still laments Dolly as the one that got away.

jambay
hopkins
If respecting a deep songwriter and musician and outright historic talent gets you disqualified from being considered a Stones fan here, sign me right up and out.
I'll be behind Keith and Mick in the line tho.
She started writing hits in '64, teamed up with Porter Wagoner in '67 and went solo afterward.

Right on!! thumbs up

one of the most awwwwwww pictures ever, 2 cutey pie smiles smiling smiley

That shot reminds me of this shot... except Mick is looking at camera... boys will be boys...

Billy and BB from the movie Dear BB [covers.box.sk]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home