Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitars Used in Get Yer Ya-Yas Out
Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: June 29, 2016 21:35

Does anyone know what guitars were used in Ya-Yas by KR and MT, particularly for SfTD and Love in Vain?

Thanks!

Re: Guitars Used in Get Yer Ya-Yas Out
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 29, 2016 22:21

Found this cool thread in the archives here, possibly one of many that get even more specific with pics and other info? There are probably great stories about each of these guitar's histories in detail but I'm not that informed, tho interested! Some really cool and knowledgeable posters on this thread, hope it helps:
[www.iorr.org]

Date: June 29, 2016 23:12

Try the Ratbag Boogie thread.

There were SGs, Dan Armstrongs, ESs and others..

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 30, 2016 13:04

The guitar arsenal was stellar but the glorious tones on Ya Yas were largely down to those early Ampeg SVTs cooking on gas mark 7.

They weren't very reliable but...God, could they sing !

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 30, 2016 14:15

Where the same guitars and amps used for the overdubs?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 30, 2016 15:01

I'd say that's anybody's guess ;^)

Date: July 1, 2016 03:53

The "Science" of the Stones guitars is to me infinitely interesting. I love these threads. I thought too that on Ya-yas "Rambler" at first that it had to be the 355, and then at some point heard it be the Armstrong. Its really in the parts when they start motoring. On the B chord, chugging along. It's a slight change in beat, there's a riff that Keith does over and over; and thats where IMO it sounded to me like the DA.
Then of course someone provided the game changer photo.
Did Jagger ever wear that shirt on the 69 tour though? It may be that early on - at the Ft Collins gig. That I think is where that pic could be from.

Sorry - I realize I am referring to the other thread, that was linked in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-01 04:11 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: July 1, 2016 04:33

Palace Revolution 2000
The "Science" of the Stones guitars is to me infinitely interesting. I love these threads. I thought too that on Ya-yas "Rambler" at first that it had to be the 355, and then at some point heard it be the Armstrong. Its really in the parts when they start motoring. On the B chord, chugging along. It's a slight change in beat, there's a riff that Keith does over and over; and thats where IMO it sounded to me like the DA.
Did Jagger ever wear that shirt on the 69 tour though? It may be that early on - at the Ft Collins gig. That I think is where that pic could be from.

Sorry - I realize I am referring to the other thread, that was linked in this thread.

I don't know the shirt or particular show but he is in those famed "button on mah trousers" toreador pants in that shot. thumbs up smiling smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 1, 2016 15:51

Spud
The guitar arsenal was stellar but the glorious tones on Ya Yas were largely down to those early Ampeg SVTs cooking on gas mark 7.

what was unreliable about them?

...just curious.. was it a generally acknowledged thing with them?

Date: July 1, 2016 15:53

duke richardson
Spud

They blew up. very often smiling smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 1, 2016 15:57

not good...in the heat of battle...

grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 1, 2016 20:37

DandelionPowderman
duke richardson
Spud

what blew up fuses? transformers? speakers ? tubes ?

Date: July 1, 2016 21:20

DandelionPowderman
duke richardson
Spud

Yes Ampeg had just started the new SVT line; they were actually intended to be Bass amps. Keith' and Taylor put guitars through them, at very loud volumes, and the amps got too hot. They had backups, and also solid states they were hauling along. Ampegs were big and heavy though. hat a unique sound the cooked up though on that tour.

Date: July 1, 2016 21:26

hopkins
Palace Revolution 2000

I don't know the shirt or particular show but he is in those famed "button on mah trousers" toreador pants in that shot. thumbs up smiling smiley

yeah, yesterday I got real obsessive about that. I just had to research if Jagger ever wore anything but the Omega shirt, and the 'button' pants. The pic in the other thread, that confirms Keith playing the DA on 'Rambler' may be from Europe 70. There is another picture where they are both dressed the same way, and it is obviously from the acoustic interlude of the 69/70 shows. But in that pic Keith is playing his 12 string. I don't know if he used that on the US leg. Not sure though.

Date: July 1, 2016 21:29

"We're gonna vent our frustration. If we don't we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse"

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 3, 2016 14:09

I always loved the way Keith's guitars sounded on Ya Ya's. Never had the same crunch and growl once he started favoring Fenders.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 3, 2016 18:55

Did he even use a Tele on that tour? He used a Les Paul for HTW...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: July 3, 2016 20:20

HonkeyTonkFlash
I always loved the way Keith's guitars sounded on Ya Ya's. Never had the same crunch and growl once he started favoring Fenders.

+ 1

Date: July 3, 2016 20:40

GasLightStreet
Did he even use a Tele on that tour? He used a Les Paul for HTW...

[www.youtube.com]

I don't think he did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home