Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 8, 2017 21:52

There is not a single good reason for the Stones to sign a contract early, as long as they can wait. As soon as a contract for a show is signed, they actually guarantee legally to go there and to perform the show. Like the Las Vegas shows. The promoter invest in stages and fences and planning and ticket sales and collect 5 million or more worth of ticket sales within a week. They contract to delivery of a zillion hot dogs and beers. Security. Five star hotel rooms. Then if Mick, Keith, Rollie or Charlie find out they rather would like to go fishing, buying a horse, recording a solo album, or directing a new movie, then they can not change, they have to do that show and every other show, otherwise they would be legally tied up to be there and perform. The only option would be to pay the contrac t fee for cancellation, which I am sure is in the million US dollars range.

Remember Mick in the Ole Ole Ole movie, talking about the five extra days they had to stay in Miami, while postponing the Havana show. He said : "They just have to find the money". Meaning it is a cost, a high cost. Nothing comes free these days. There are crews to pay and organizers to pay and a lot lot more. No reason to sign anything if you are the biggest act on this planet.

Just keep your calendar clear for June and July this year and also may be a week in May and August, and you will be fine. Take your family holiday another time or another year. It is all about priority.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 8, 2017 22:08

As I'll take my hodidays in june/July, the band have cancelled the tour to be with me. Then you can make projects with your family this year.smoking smiley

Date: February 8, 2017 22:15

bv
There is not a single good reason for the Stones to sign a contract early, as long as they can wait. As soon as a contract for a show is signed, they actually guarantee legally to go there and to perform the show. Like the Las Vegas shows. The promoter invest in stages and fences and planning and ticket sales and collect 5 million or more worth of ticket sales within a week. They contract to delivery of a zillion hot dogs and beers. Security. Five star hotel rooms. Then if Mick, Keith, Rollie or Charlie find out they rather would like to go fishing, buying a horse, recording a solo album, or directing a new movie, then they can not change, they have to do that show and every other show, otherwise they would be legally tied up to be there and perform. The only option would be to pay the contrac t fee for cancellation, which I am sure is in the million US dollars range.

Remember Mick in the Ole Ole Ole movie, talking about the five extra days they had to stay in Miami, while postponing the Havana show. He said : "They just have to find the money". Meaning it is a cost, a high cost. Nothing comes free these days. There are crews to pay and organizers to pay and a lot lot more. No reason to sign anything if you are the biggest act on this planet.

Just keep your calendar clear for June and July this year and also may be a week in May and August, and you will be fine. Take your family holiday another time or another year. It is all about priority.

Is it still safe to assume no US Dates? During any of those months?

Date: February 8, 2017 22:21

Happy24
bv
If you want to insure a cat it cost may be $100. Not much. If you want to insure a house it cost may be $500 or $1000 or more, some houses are big, others small. A Stones show anno 2017 has the value of at least 5 million us dollars. Ten shows are 50-100 million usd. You don't want to spend extra insurance money to guarantee more days and months than needed. Then the ticket price would be higher. A Stones show sell out on days or a few weeks anyway, so we have to get used to announcements just two months or so before tour start.

Can't resist and have to react. I may be wrong, but I think you are mixing a couple of things here together. those 5 million USD per show is The Stones' sallary, right? I doubt it has anything to do with the insurance, if the show is canceled, the insurance company doesn't pay the band their sallary. That covers the expenses already paid for the organization. I have no idea how much is that, but no way 5 million USD is spent before the gig even takes place. Also I doubt that the cost of insurance has any major impact on the ticket prices. Those 5 millions per show for the band do.
Anyway, I get what you mean of course and I agree that the insurance probably plays an important role in the late announcements (together with the negotiations that are sometimes very difficult for many reasons)

Obviously, a big gap between the tix sales and the shows increase the insurance bill. Especially with guys in their seventies, no needs to explain what could happen to one of them during an eight or nine months gap. Insurance companies work on probability. It's pure mathematics.
But i'm not that sure about the fact that insurance doesn't cover their salaries. Maybe the rules have changed now that the risk is much higher, so i don't really know, but I remember an interview a long time ago with the promotor who got the job for the Voodoo Lounge concerts in France. Some people here probably remember that the second Paris show was very rainy, in fact more than just rainy, it was a f*ckin' 2 hours storm. The guy was very admirative during the interview. He said that the Stones really kicked asses that night (he was right) and could have canceled the concert and still being paid.
There is one point i won't agree with you BV. As far as i have the choice and i still go to see them as much as i can, I won't complain about ticket prices. And i know, big crew, big stage, lot of trucks, it's very expensive. But let's face it, bands like U2 or ACDC also have that same level of expenses and their tickets are much cheaper. The main reason of high tickets prices is the 5 millions $ they ask for each show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-08 22:22 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 9, 2017 00:12

No reason to get all defensive BV. I get it. Just doesn't make it easy (or likely cheaper) for those of us hoping to make travel plans.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 9, 2017 00:17

bv

Thank you for the little heads up and insight BV. So I realize things are on plans for the Europe shows and all .. but tell us what you know about their plans for the new studio album. Sure.. I am still buzzin ..enthused... and high off Blue & Lonesome and all .. BUT....

How is the new material coming and what is the plan for this new studio album and or when? Anything on that for us?

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-09 00:18 by IanBillen.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 9, 2017 06:58

I get many many questions and private e-mail every day about shows and hotels and holiday plans and travel advices and why on earth the Stones do not announce their shows one year ahead and why they don't sell their tickets at half price and why they don't announce London and why they don't tour the US every winter and summer and so on. The answer is simple. I don't have time to be a travel agent for all the millions of fans.

The Stones are 100 times more popular than any other band on the planet, that is why they might play the North Pole and still sell out all the tickets. And please do not bring the ticket prices discussion here. The Stones do what they plaese and the older they get the shorter notice you will get on any show any tour. A month would be the standard I think. How much more time do the locals need to plan for taking the bus or the train to a nearby stadium on a Saturday night out with the Stones?

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 9, 2017 07:56

bv

indeed BV! I'll tell my wife and kids they'll just have to wait until 2018 as I have my priorities in place!

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: February 9, 2017 11:27

treaclefingers
bv

indeed BV! I'll tell my wife and kids they'll just have to wait until 2018 as I have my priorities in place!

I can relate to that. I holiday on a small Hebridean island every year and have to book my accommodation a year in advance or do without. If the Stones are in the UK in late June, I'm afraid I won't be there.

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: February 9, 2017 12:05

The Rolling Stones will act, sure, very sure in the Camp Nou Barcelona , between a fork between Friday July 7th to Monday July 10.

Between Oslo and Barcelona, the Stones are trying to close a performance at the stadium of Bayern Munich, or something in Belgium.

The latest , on July 11 would be acting in Venice. The team would travel by boat from Barcelona to Venice.

Nothing is known about the upcoming studio album, with original tracks. They do not seem to be eager to go back to the studio.

Link: [www.plasticosydecibelios.com]

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 9, 2017 12:12

ddouven

The latest , on July 11 would be acting in Venice. The team would travel by boat from Barcelona to Venice.

That would be quite a cruise (Barcelona - Venice approx 1,500 nautical miles)!!!

C

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 9, 2017 12:40

ddouven

Because there're no streets between Barcelona, Marseille, Monaco, Genoa, Milan and Venice .... (and no planes) .... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-09 13:10 by Irix.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: February 9, 2017 13:16

ddouven
The Rolling Stones will act, sure, very sure in the Camp Nou Barcelona , between a fork between Friday July 7th to Monday July 10.

Between Oslo and Barcelona, the Stones are trying to close a performance at the stadium of Bayern Munich, or something in Belgium.

Nothing is known about the upcoming studio album, with original tracks. They do not seem to be eager to go back to the studio.

Not only the boat travel from Barcelona to Venice makes this news very questionable, also the reference to Bayern Munichs stadium makes no sense since there are no concerts allowed in this stadium.

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: February 9, 2017 13:18

Maybe they mean the old Bayern Munich stadium (Olympia stadium)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 9, 2017 13:22

ddouven

This is nonsense Bayern Munich do not allow concerts at their stadium,traveling from Barcelona to Venice by boat haha and last but not least Mr Jagger personally assured me the band will not play on Friday July 7th as I have to be in Paris that day.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: February 9, 2017 14:07

By boat? Does that mean Bill will join?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 9, 2017 14:46

ddouven

Begium? That's a new one...doubt it though with Nijmegen on the table

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 9, 2017 15:14

July 5th is the rumoured date for National Stadium in Warsaw, Poland.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 9, 2017 15:48

shattered1978
By boat? Does that mean Bill will join?

No, the boat was Keith's stipulation. He wants to dress as a pirate.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 9, 2017 15:49

liddas
ddouven

That would be quite a cruise (Barcelona - Venice approx 1,500 nautical miles)!!!

C

yes, a 2 days cruise with the possibility to make breakfast with the Stones, 1500 euros ticket. and at night, you can seat next to our guys for 5000 euros, a true r'n'r' blast .

Date: February 9, 2017 20:50

bv
Take your family holiday another time or another year. It is all about priority.

Yeah. First tell your family no holidays this year (same as 2013, 2014, 2015) then ask your boss you have to take a couple weeks off next month. This is the future of Stones fans, being divorced and unemployed. Just kidding...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 9, 2017 20:59

Jumpinjackflash59
bv
Take your family holiday another time or another year. It is all about priority.

Yeah. First tell your family no holidays this year (same as 2013, 2014, 2015) then ask your boss you have to take a couple weeks off next month. This is the future of Stones fans, being divorced and unemployed. Just kidding...

It's all over, not now, but in three-four years...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-09 20:59 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 9, 2017 21:20

Irix
ddouven

Because there're no streets between Barcelona, Marseille, Monaco, Genoa, Milan and Venice .... (and no planes) .... winking smiley

Ever consider the Steel Wheels?

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 10, 2017 01:45

wickerman

from where you know that? you are the one and only source about this concert, I don't see anything happening in this case right now in Poland. it is right source?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 01:45 by zgredzik.

Date: February 10, 2017 09:49

zgredzik
wickerman

from where you know that? you are the one and only source about this concert, I don't see anything happening in this case right now in Poland. it is right source?

I don't think they will play Poland on a 8 or 10 date tour. The reason in simple: you can't sell 200 Euro tickets there.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 10, 2017 10:07

Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
wickerman

I don't think they will play Poland on a 8 or 10 date tour. The reason in simple: you can't sell 200 Euro tickets there.

Actually you can, the ticket prices are no different to those in Germany and the tickets sell well. Which is good and bad at the same time.
However I have not heard this rumour anywhere apart from here

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 10, 2017 11:11

Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
wickerman

The Paul McCartney tickets in 2013 for Warshaw were way more expensive than for Vienna. Strange, but true. The thing is, that Vienna had GA + FOS on the floor, while Warhaw was all seated. I don't remember the actual prices, but I remember they were surprisingly high for a stadium gig.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 11:14 by Happy24.

Date: February 10, 2017 12:04

Okay, so you really think, that they will not sell in Poland, but will sell in Bosnia and Herzegovina smiling smiley
Poland it's not USSR country anymore. People here are more "western people" than ever. And want Stones more than ever.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 12:05 by zgredzik.

Date: February 10, 2017 12:18

zgredzik
Okay, so you really think, that they will not sell in Poland, but will sell in Bosnia and Herzegovina smiling smiley
Poland it's not USSR country anymore. People here are more "western people" than ever. And want Stones more than ever.

Sarajevo could be the Havana of 2017 I guess. Although no free concert surely.

Date: February 10, 2017 12:29

There is a information about Sarajevo concert - [www.sarajevotimes.com]. I don't know if this article was there before. As I hadn't ever been on Stones gig, I will be very disappointed if they won't perform in any of East countries.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 12:30 by zgredzik.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home