Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 5, 2017 17:18

bv
Also with the recent experiences from Las Vegas and Melbourne (Hanging Rock), and the large investments in each show this summer, crowds of 100,000 and 5 million Euro plus each, I would not be surprised if they add even more space than in the past between the shows. Just to make sure that Mick is getting enough time to rest his voice.

In the 60's and early 70's they played two shows during one night (lasting for 25 - 75 minutes each but still two shows on the same day. In the 80's and 90's they did one show each day but still many show days back to back. After the Noremberg show and cancellations in Milan, Bilbao etc they started to add more free days between shows. There will be no more than 1-2 shows per week from now on.

Excatly Bjornulf and i remember in Cologne 76 they play 2 shows at Charlies Birthday June 2nd ....each show more than 2 hours....

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 5, 2017 18:49

bv
Also with the recent experiences from Las Vegas and Melbourne (Hanging Rock), and the large investments in each show this summer, crowds of 100,000 and 5 million Euro plus each, I would not be surprised if they add even more space than in the past between the shows. Just to make sure that Mick is getting enough time to rest his voice.

In the 60's and early 70's they played two shows during one night (lasting for 25 - 75 minutes each but still two shows on the same day. In the 80's and 90's they did one show each day but still many show days back to back. After the Noremberg show and cancellations in Milan, Bilbao etc they started to add more free days between shows. There will be no more than 1-2 shows per week from now on.

Got to be two/week. As much as I'd like to, don't have the flexibility to take 6-8 weeks off. Keith can take 3 songs like he did in Vegas, then Ronnie could take one and give Keith a break... or something like that.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 5, 2017 18:59

atip
bv

Got to be two/week. As much as I'd like to, don't have the flexibility to take 6-8 weeks off. Keith can take 3 songs like he did in Vegas, then Ronnie could take one and give Keith a break... or something like that.

Charlie will sing Tell Me

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 5, 2017 21:28

bv
The Rolling Stones show in Austria this summer seems to be in Spielberg (Zeltweg) Saturday June 3, 2017, at the Red Bull Ring. This is the same Formula One Raceway track the Rolling Stones played back in 1995 i.e. 22 years ago. Be prepared for a mega large crowd of more than 100,000 people.

The Rolling Stones Tour Europe 2017
[iorr.org]

Stones: Abschied in Spielberg
[www.oe24.at]

oe24 is the same as wegotit.at , the same Person writes this stuff. as he wrote they will come to donauinsel to rock in vienna, as he wrote.... he just picks rumours and also is watching this site...

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 5, 2017 22:09

Considering the rumoured venue list, is there a possibility of a split Tour of Europe? 2017 doing Ireland, 2018 GB? 2017 Austria, 2018 Germany? Didn't they do something like that with the last US tours, like playing the usual ones one year and the oddities in another?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 5, 2017 22:35

JJHMick

2017 doing Ireland, 2018 GB? 2017 Austria, 2018 Germany?

I had the same idea because BV's list [iorr.org] contains already 8 dates - additionally with Poland, Germany and London it would be 11 dates. Either some dates have to be removed from the current list - or they'll do London & UK in 2018 (Charlie's 55th anniversary of the Band membership) ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-05 22:50 by Irix.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 5, 2017 22:40

JJHMick
Considering the rumoured venue list, is there a possibility of a split Tour of Europe? 2017 doing Ireland, 2018 GB? 2017 Austria, 2018 Germany? Didn't they do something like that with the last US tours, like playing the usual ones one year and the oddities in another?

Do you think that people on their mid 70's are thinking in more than 6 months in advance?
They'll play 8-10 shows in Europe this year (not confirmed yet) and that's it, who knows after that.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2017 10:14

In the 70's there was no internet. We were all poor kids, some of us wasn't even born then.And a few hippies from the 60's of course, those whos aw the Stones with Brian. But none of us did any travel to see them. We took the tram or the bus or the train or by foot. Certainly not a flight to a Stones show. Diffent times.

Bjornulf

Date: February 6, 2017 11:02

JJHMick

I thought the same. The already have 8-10 gigs together as it seems, but countries were they always play since decades are missing. There seem to be difficult negotiations in Germany, but not at single word in the press so far.
On the other hand: isn't it time for the East Coast or Japan/Australia in 2018. There are important cities in Asia were they never been, e.g. Seoul.

Date: February 6, 2017 11:17

Monsoon Ragoon
JJHMick

I thought the same. The already have 8-10 gigs together as it seems, but countries were they always play since decades are missing. There seem to be difficult negotiations in Germany, but not at single word in the press so far.
On the other hand: isn't it time for the East Coast or Japan/Australia in 2018. There are important cities in Asia were they never been, e.g. Seoul.

That's not true (about Germany). However, the press remain silent for now - publicly.

Date: February 6, 2017 11:55

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
JJHMick

That's not true (about Germany). However, the press remain silent for now - publicly.

At least I have seen nothing via Google.de

Date: February 6, 2017 11:57

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
JJHMick

At least I have seen nothing via Google.de

Hence «publicly».

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: February 7, 2017 13:17

Praying for a London date.

Otherwise its a trip to Austria. Which is fine too ;-)

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 7, 2017 21:26

Anybody can give some details about the possible Austrian venue - Spielberg? As I understand it, it is a racing track near a small town in the south of Austria. How will the 100 000 people get there and what about an accomodation? I was counting on the Austrian date, but so far it seems like a no-go to me - 7 hours to get there and having no place to sleep seems like too much trouble even for seeing The Stones.

The whole list of rumoured venues seems highly unlogical to me - Venice, former Yugoslavia and south Austria - those are 3 gigs in pretty much the same area, while 1 gig in the whole Scandinavia? Probably 1 gig in Germany? So far 1 gig on the whole British islands? The tour is supposed to have 8-10 dates, there are 8 rumoured places + I count on 1 German gig, which makes it 9. Nothing to add really. With this maths I think the Venice - Spielberg - former Yougoslavia triangle looks highly unlikely.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 7, 2017 21:28

Happy24
Anybody can give some details about the possible Austrian venue - Spielberg? As I understand it, it is a racing track near a small town in the south of Austria. How will the 100 000 people get there and what about an accomodation? I was counting on the Austrian date, but so far it seems like a no-go to me - 7 hours to get there and having no place to sleep seems like too much trouble even for seeing The Stones.

The whole list of rumoured venues seems highly unlogical to me - Venice, former Yugoslavia and south Austria - those are 3 gigs in pretty much the same area, while 1 gig in the whole Scandinavia? Probably 1 gig in Germany? So far 1 gig on the whole British islands? The tour is supposed to have 8-10 dates, there are 8 rumoured places + I count on 1 German gig, which makes it 9. Nothing to add really. With this maths I think the Venice - Spielberg - former Yougoslavia triangle looks highly unlikely.

[www.projekt-spielberg.com]

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 7, 2017 21:40

Happy24

Piano Piano......maybe it will be a few surprises....we dont know yet.....i think in 4 weeks we know more

Date: February 7, 2017 21:54

Lien
Happy24

[www.projekt-spielberg.com]

Nonsense. The distance from Spielberg to Venice is nearly 400 km, Spielberg/ Sarajevo more than 650 km. Venice/Sarajevo 775 km. More unlikely may be a show in Munich if they play Spielberg. That's just 260 km and the Munich show in 2006 wasn't a big success for the local promotor.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-08 10:24 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 7, 2017 22:02

Thanks, Lien, it looks like there is quite a lot of info there

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 7, 2017 23:00

Happy24

As I recall, Imst (1999) was also in the middle of nowhere, and doubtless plenty of other weird towns over the decades. Most people will likely be based in Graz, about an hour away by train. As Bjornulf keeps saying, time is running out.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: February 7, 2017 23:45

Happy24

AC/DC played there in 2015, more than 100.000 people

[www.google.at]

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: February 8, 2017 05:16

I wish the Stones would publish tour dates earlier than they typically do. Taking the wife to Dublin in late July to see U2, (her bucket list) and would be awesome to combine it with a European Stones excursion as well.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 8, 2017 07:21

jazzbass
I wish the Stones would publish tour dates earlier than they typically do. Taking the wife to Dublin in late July to see U2, (her bucket list) and would be awesome to combine it with a European Stones excursion as well.

If Europe 2014 is any guide, all should be confirmed by early April, though Dublin may break earlier if you're lucky. Back in 2014, they announced two festivals on March 12, another batch on March 17, and the full itinerary on April 1. Of course, much of it was already published here first.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 8, 2017 08:29

Monsoon Ragoon
More unlikely may be a show in Munich if they play Spielberg. That's just 260 km and the Munich show in 2006 wasn't a big success for the local promotor.

53,000 is a pretty decent turnout, considering they played 5 shows in Germany plus one in Vienna and one in Zurich.
If there will only be one single show in Germany in 2017, it has very little relevance to how well certain shows were attended 10-11 years ago, when the touring format was completely different.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 8, 2017 10:18

Update on the Spielberg-rumour:

According to this local online-paper we've got fooled again, as it says plans for a mega-concert on June 3rd were on the table but have already been cancelled, and there are no more plans for that or another date confused smiley

Again... we have to wait til March, when the tour will most probably be officially announced.

[www.meinbezirk.at]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-08 10:53 by bernard90mike.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: February 8, 2017 12:31

bernard90mike
Update on the Spielberg-rumour:

According to this local online-paper we've got fooled again, as it says plans for a mega-concert on June 3rd were on the table but have already been cancelled, and there are no more plans for that or another date confused smiley

Again... we have to wait til March, when the tour will most probably be officially announced.

[www.meinbezirk.at]

The bureaucrat quoted in that article, is a typical bureaucrat.
".. uns liegt derzeit noch kein Antrag vor. [...] Wir brauchen ja auch eine gewisse Vorlaufzeit."

It means nothing. It again could just be that they are not allowed to discuss it. If the Stones want to play there, the bureaucrats will find the means to approve the proposal.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 8, 2017 13:12

jazzbass

They can't. They have to pay cancellation insurance per day between gig anouncement and performance. For a bunch of guys in their 70s, that's very expensive. U2 are younger so it's much cheaper and easier to anounce far in advance.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 8, 2017 15:52

If you want to insure a cat it cost may be $100. Not much. If you want to insure a house it cost may be $500 or $1000 or more, some houses are big, others small. A Stones show anno 2017 has the value of at least 5 million us dollars. Ten shows are 50-100 million usd. You don't want to spend extra insurance money to guarantee more days and months than needed. Then the ticket price would be higher. A Stones show sell out on days or a few weeks anyway, so we have to get used to announcements just two months or so before tour start.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 8, 2017 18:29

Understood BV - it just doesn't make things easy for those of us trying to plan travel. Plus, you'd think they'd want the money in the bank, collecting interest. But what do I know...Appreciate the updates (and we know you're 'just the messenger')!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-08 18:30 by DEmerson.

Date: February 8, 2017 19:00

bv
If you want to insure a cat it cost may be $100. Not much. If you want to insure a house it cost may be $500 or $1000 or more, some houses are big, others small. A Stones show anno 2017 has the value of at least 5 million us dollars. Ten shows are 50-100 million usd. You don't want to spend extra insurance money to guarantee more days and months than needed. Then the ticket price would be higher. A Stones show sell out on days or a few weeks anyway, so we have to get used to announcements just two months or so before tour start.

Can't resist and have to react. I may be wrong, but I think you are mixing a couple of things here together. those 5 million USD per show is The Stones' sallary, right? I doubt it has anything to do with the insurance, if the show is canceled, the insurance company doesn't pay the band their sallary. That covers the expenses already paid for the organization. I have no idea how much is that, but no way 5 million USD is spent before the gig even takes place. Also I doubt that the cost of insurance has any major impact on the ticket prices. Those 5 millions per show for the band do.
Anyway, I get what you mean of course and I agree that the insurance probably plays an important role in the late announcements (together with the negotiations that are sometimes very difficult for many reasons)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-08 20:52 by Happy24.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 8, 2017 20:40

DEmerson
Understood BV - it just doesn't make things easy for those of us trying to plan travel. Plus, you'd think they'd want the money in the bank, collecting interest. But what do I know...Appreciate the updates (and we know you're 'just the messenger')!
dont plan to much on travelling, just go where you have to go smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home