Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 3, 2017 23:48

Has anyone been to see a concert at the proposed venue that the Stones are rumoured to be playing in Venice?

Nate thumbs up

Re: Stones to Play Dublin in June
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 4, 2017 04:00

Nate
shatteredlicks
According to the Irish Mirror the Stones may play Croke Park in June. Croke Park are allowed three concerts a year and two slots have already been filled
with U2 and Coldplay.Lets hope the Stones are the third, which means a European
Tour???????

That's if they can remove everyone that fell asleep in the stadium during the Coldplay concert.

Nate cool smiley

LOLOLOLOLOL!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out smiling bouncing smiley grinning smiley

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 4, 2017 09:46

Nate
Has anyone been to see a concert at the proposed venue that the Stones are rumoured to be playing in Venice?

Nate thumbs up

It is in Mestre a town just outside Venice on the mainlan. Accommodation will be cheaper than in Venice.
I have never been to the Parco San Guliano. But when we travelled to Venice we always stayed on the mainland as hotels in Venice are very expensive. Would prefer the Arsenale as a venue (absolutely spectacular). But have I Googled the Park and it looks beautiful. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-04 10:26 by desertblues68.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 4, 2017 12:29

Just my thoughts.....here is my possible tour list...winking smiley

Dublin

Barcelona

Munich or Hamburg

Paris

Oslo

Any show at eastern part of europe

Milano or Venice

Nijmegen

2 shows in London (one of them maybe club)

hot smiley

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 4, 2017 13:05

Spielberg, Austria on June 3, 2017

"farewell"-concert for Austria...

[wegotit.at]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 4, 2017 13:08

desertblues68
Nate

Nate thumbs up

It is in Mestre a town just outside Venice on the mainlan. Accommodation will be cheaper than in Venice.
I have never been to the Parco San Guliano. But when we travelled to Venice we always stayed on the mainland as hotels in Venice are very expensive. Would prefer the Arsenale as a venue (absolutely spectacular). But have I Googled the Park and it looks beautiful. grinning smiley

Mestre is not outside Venice, it is the bigger part Venice population-wise

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 4, 2017 14:00

silkcut1978_

[wegotit.at]
This makes sense and Austria was always on their table when they toured Europe since the 70s!
Sounds pretty good - to be honest I'm totally excited hot smiley

Date: February 4, 2017 14:05

bernard90mike
silkcut1978_

[wegotit.at]
This makes sense and Austria was always on their table when they toured Europe since the 70s!
Sounds pretty good - to be honest I'm totally excited hot smiley

Sounds like West Austria instead of Switzerland and Munich. One of the latter two could happen additionally, though.

Date: February 4, 2017 14:06

Someone wrote on here that there was an Australian radio station running a competition to see the Stones play in London with the winner announced February 3rd anyone hear anymore about this?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 4, 2017 14:12

Nate
Someone wrote on here that there was an Australian radio station running a competition to see the Stones play in London with the winner announced February 3rd anyone hear anymore about this?

Nate thumbs up

They have a winner .2GO'S WORLD TOUR- MAJOR WINNER THE ROLLING STONES

WINNER: Ross Milne

MAJOR PRIZE: Double pass to see The Rolling Stones in London. Return flightts to London for 2 people. 5 star accomodation. Rolling Stones Vinyl Bixset [www.2gofm.com.au]

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: February 4, 2017 14:28

Nate
shatteredlicks
According to the Irish Mirror the Stones may play Croke Park in June. Croke Park are allowed three concerts a year and two slots have already been filled
Tour???????

That's if they can remove everyone that fell asleep in the stadium during the Coldplay concert.

Nate cool smiley
Nate I'm sure it won't take long to wake up both of their fans

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 4, 2017 17:02

The Rolling Stones show in Austria this summer seems to be in Spielberg (Zeltweg) Saturday June 3, 2017, at the Red Bull Ring. This is the same Formula One Raceway track the Rolling Stones played back in 1995 i.e. 22 years ago. Be prepared for a mega large crowd of more than 100,000 people.

The Rolling Stones Tour Europe 2017
[iorr.org]

Stones: Abschied in Spielberg
[www.oe24.at]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-04 17:03 by bv.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 4, 2017 17:15

good ......

Date: February 4, 2017 20:11

Al65
Nate
shatteredlicks
Tour???????

Nate cool smiley
Nate I'm sure it won't take long to wake up both of their fans

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 4, 2017 22:19

Deltics
Don't forget that it was the Sun that announced that the Stones were going to play at Knebworth again in 2015.
[www.thesun.co.uk]

The Knebworth gig in 1976 was my first ever Stones gig! Boy did they keep us waiting a long time before they came on - it was muddy and cold but when they finally hit the stage they played 28 songs!!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 4, 2017 22:22

Anyone have any ideas on the possible London dates?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 4, 2017 23:40

Rockavaria festival in Munich (Olympic Stadium, end of May) cancelled.
So maybe the old boys will play there in June...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2017 02:03

sarahunwin
Deltics
Don't forget that it was the Sun that announced that the Stones were going to play at Knebworth again in 2015.
[www.thesun.co.uk]

The Knebworth gig in 1976 was my first ever Stones gig! Boy did they keep us waiting a long time before they came on - it was muddy and cold but when they finally hit the stage they played 28 songs!!

Awesome Sarah!
Any truth to the story how Lynyrd Skynyrd was the highlight of the day?
I know it's been discussed here several times, and it's all a matter of taste, but nice to hear firsthand accounts.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 5, 2017 05:53

I remember being kept waiting at many, many shows back in the day. The audience was in a total frenzy by the time they took the stage. In later years, they began to start pretty much when the tickets said they would. Always always always worth waiting for.

Date: February 5, 2017 11:03

Sarajevo city officials are working hard on a plan that might take The Rolling Stones to a historic show in Bosnia Herzegovina this summer. There have been talks about a stadium show at the 50,000 capacity Kosevo stadium, crowded by 67,000 people at a visit by the Pope in 2015. More likely is the much larger mountain plateau of Bjelasnica, near the city of Sarajevo. It will hold a much larger crowd of 100,000 people.

Sarajevo is competing with other cities in the area. Belgrade and Zagreb have been visited already, so the Stones look into new cities to visit, incuding Sofia and Ljubljana. Sarajevo is high up on the wish list of Mick Jagger as it seems.

IORR updated list of rumoured shows in Europe this summer:
[iorr.org]

Kosevo stadium rumour:
[www.klix.ba]

Bjelasnica rumour:
[www.radiosarajevo.ba]

Bjornulf

Date: February 5, 2017 11:13

Former Yugoslavia, England, Poland, Italy, Austria, Netherlands, Oslo, Germany, Spain, Dublin - pretty much for a 8 date tour. Will there be more shows than 8??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-05 11:14 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 5, 2017 11:19

Monsoon Ragoon
Former Yugoslavia, England, Poland, Italy, Austria, Netherlands, Oslo, Germany, Spain, Dublin - pretty much for a 8 date tour. Will there be more shows than 8??

The rumour for quite some time has been 8 to 10 shows. The 10 you mentioned could very well be it, but mostly (if not only) weekend shows by the looks of it.

Date: February 5, 2017 11:24

It is a bid. Then they choose where to play. I see rumours about shows from early June to late July so may be they want to spend all of June and July in Europe, some also talk about late May and early August, so I think there is a lot of talking and options at the moment. Nothing signed yet, at the band level, but also lots of approvals from city level councils to get the biggest rock'n'roll band into town. If there is a competition, they will probably choose new places over places they have been before.

Bjornulf

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 5, 2017 13:58

bv
It is a bid. Then they choose where to play. I see rumours about shows from early June to late July so may be they want to spend all of June and July in Europe, some also talk about late May and early August, so I think there is a lot of talking and options at the moment. Nothing signed yet, at the band level, but also lots of approvals from city level councils to get the biggest rock'n'roll band into town. If there is a competition, they will probably choose new places over places they have been before.

Well said, Bjornulf.....agree with you

Date: February 5, 2017 14:14

Sarajevo is high up on the wish list of Mick Jagger.

Yeah some very pretty women down that way.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 5, 2017 14:53

hahahaha like keith says nice to be anywhere,i am sure they will play 10 concerts and if they sell well will add more.

Date: February 5, 2017 15:11

Nate
Sarajevo is high up on the wish list of Mick Jagger.

Yeah some very pretty women down that way.

There are some forgotten towns left. Some of the bigger and/or best known are Sofija, Riga, Sarajevo, Venice, Valencia/Seville (3rd and 4th biggest city in Spain), Dresden (almost got a show in 1995), Florence (almost got a show in 1982), Krakow.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-05 15:27 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 5, 2017 15:35

bv
Sarajevo city officials are working hard on a plan that might take The Rolling Stones to a historic show in Bosnia Herzegovina this summer. There have been talks about a stadium show at the 50,000 capacity Kosevo stadium, crowded by 67,000 people at a visit by the Pope in 2015. More likely is the much larger mountain plateau of Bjelasnica, near the city of Sarajevo. It will hold a much larger crowd of 100,000 people.

Sarajevo is competing with other cities in the area. Belgrade and Zagreb have been visited already, so the Stones look into new cities to visit, incuding Sofia and Ljubljana. Sarajevo is high up on the wish list of Mick Jagger as it seems.

IORR updated list of rumoured shows in Europe this summer:
[iorr.org]

Kosevo stadium rumour:
[www.klix.ba]

Bjelasnica rumour:
[www.radiosarajevo.ba]

Quoting the same source but written in english: [www.sarajevotimes.com]

Date: February 5, 2017 16:03

Also with the recent experiences from Las Vegas and Melbourne (Hanging Rock), and the large investments in each show this summer, crowds of 100,000 and 5 million Euro plus each, I would not be surprised if they add even more space than in the past between the shows. Just to make sure that Mick is getting enough time to rest his voice.

In the 60's and early 70's they played two shows during one night (lasting for 25 - 75 minutes each but still two shows on the same day. In the 80's and 90's they did one show each day but still many show days back to back. After the Noremberg show and cancellations in Milan, Bilbao etc they started to add more free days between shows. There will be no more than 1-2 shows per week from now on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 5, 2017 17:05

bv
I would not be surprised if they add even more space than in the past between the shows.
There will be no more than 1-2 shows per week from now on.

So we have more time for travelling.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home