Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Off Topic posts may be deleted
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 31, 2016 15:08

Off Topic posts may be deleted ... especially if they are NOT marked as OT: ...

By the way, I don't mind some off topic threads every now and then, but if there are such ot threads without the OT: prefix, then it is misleading, people may think it might be Stones related, and they act as click bait. So I delete them as part of my regular cleanup procedure. A good subject line like a good headline is king and important in any kond of communication. No misleading headlines please.

Also, take a look at the IORR forum first page. If there are already more than 1/3 off topic, then for sure there are enough off topic. I want IORR to be at least 50% hopefully 75% about Stones and Stones related, in order to keep focus, also in order no to confuse search engines. If there are 100's of Garth Brooks threads here then may be Google think this is a Garth Brooks site.

I am sure everybody do know about this, I am mentioning this to those over 90 years old, it is so easy to forget you know, to those who were parents when Brian Jones was on stage...

Bjornulf

Re: Off Topic posts may be deleted
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 31, 2016 16:40

VERY SORRY BV...I am guilty of not using OT on some of my recent posts.
I apologize. You do such a fine job of organizing these threads, and I messed up! Will try to not do this again.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 31, 2016 21:49

Why not 100% Stones or 90% Stones and 10% other music?

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 31, 2016 22:00

shuddering at the thought of visiting this often a known "Garth Brooks site" ... eeeeeek!!!!

I appreciate this place being kept respectable, seriously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-31 22:01 by jambay.

Date: May 31, 2016 22:35

Harlem Shuffler

If your mind is filled with 90% Stones then may be it is time to take a break with something off topic? On the more serious side, I think a 100% or 90% "on topic" site would be pretty "nerdy" and boring.

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 31, 2016 22:40

I'll take my Stones with a large side of the blues, thank you, and a tall glass of funk...throw in a little country and then it's just about perfect. smileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 31, 2016 22:42

I agree BV. Let's talk vacations. You seem to like to travel, any plans oh say this Fall?? grinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 31, 2016 22:46

bv
Harlem Shuffler

If your mind is filled with 90% Stones then may be it is time to take a break with something off topic? On the more serious side, I think a 100% or 90% "on topic" site would be pretty "nerdy" and boring.

thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2016 22:55

There is only one reason I keep coming back to this site... because it is one of the best run websites on the internet operated by people who care about keeping it that way... plus it provides a lot of good information about the Stones... and it makes me laugh sometimes... and I learn about some other cool stuff which I might not other wise hear.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 31, 2016 22:56

bv
Off Topic posts may be deleted ... especially if they are NOT marked as OT: ...

By the way, I don't mind some off topic threads every now and then, but if there are such ot threads without the OT: prefix, then it is misleading, people may think it might be Stones related, and they act as click bait. So I delete them as part of my regular cleanup procedure. A good subject line like a good headline is king and important in any kond of communication. No misleading headlines please.

Also, take a look at the IORR forum first page. If there are already more than 1/3 off topic, then for sure there are enough off topic. I want IORR to be at least 50% hopefully 75% about Stones and Stones related, in order to keep focus, also in order no to confuse search engines. If there are 100's of Garth Brooks threads here then may be Google think this is a Garth Brooks site.

I am sure everybody do know about this, I am mentioning this to those over 90 years old, it is so easy to forget you know, to those who were parents when Brian Jones was on stage...

Wait a second.... This is not a Garth Brooks site?

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 31, 2016 23:11

bv
Harlem Shuffler

My point is that this is a Rolling Stones site and if you want to read about or discuss other interests then you can do so on sites connected with those subjects. It doesn't mean that I don't have other interests just because I don't want to see them here.
If I go to an Indian restaurant I don't expect to see Italian food included on the menu but it doesn't stop me eating Italian on another occasion. How hard is this to understand?

As I've said previously, if we must have OTs, why not a separate area for them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-01 11:41 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 31, 2016 23:15

"Ronnie's wife giving birth to twins" – imo that's way more off topic than a thread about Bob Dylan, AC/DC etc

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 31, 2016 23:33

slewan
"Ronnie's wife giving birth to twins" – imo that's way more off topic than a thread about Bob Dylan, AC/DC etc

You get that Ronnie is a Rolling Stone, right?

Date: June 1, 2016 00:15

MisterDDDD
slewan

...and the fact that Ronnie just got twins might affect the Rolling Stones plans for the time to come, i.e. it is pretty ON topic if you ask me.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 1, 2016 00:50

bv
MisterDDDD
slewan

...and the fact that Ronnie just got twins might affect the Rolling Stones plans for the time to come, i.e. it is pretty ON topic if you ask me.

........Yes but it's not a revelation or news out of left field.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: June 1, 2016 01:22

bv
I am mentioning this to those over 90 years old, it is so easy to forget you know, to those who were parents when Brian Jones was on stage...

Sorry, but what this mean?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2016 01:39

I'd say bv see's so many on here that can't fully understand how IORR operates
and that then leads him to the conclusion that many on here are over 90 and suffering dementia .... nurse...nurse it's time for my shower

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 1, 2016 01:48

rootsman
bv
I am mentioning this to those over 90 years old, it is so easy to forget you know, to those who were parents when Brian Jones was on stage...

It's just Bjornulf's Norwegian sense of humor, rootsman. We love him in spite of it. grinning smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 1, 2016 01:59

Should THIS topic have been labeled with an OT prefix??. ;-)

Rod

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 1, 2016 03:21

What do we do if the Stones name their next album Off Topic?! And their next single?!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 1, 2016 05:43

Title5Take1
What do we do if the Stones name their next album Off Topic?! And their next single?!

"Complete Delete" and the one after that would be?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 1, 2016 06:47

I'll admit I started a ongoing thread long ago with the title "Rolling Stones Glasses" that I knew was somewhat misleading but would get people the check it out. All of the posts are about the Rolling Stones band members. So where do I stand on that one?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 1, 2016 08:57

bv
MisterDDDD
slewan

well, it's Ronnie's private life. Okay, it might be relevant for the Stones' touring plans. But that goes for weather conditions, political turmoils (yes, politics!) and lots of other things that are not to be discussed on IORR too!

Date: June 1, 2016 10:11

latebloomer
rootsman
bv

It's just Bjornulf's Norwegian sense of humor, rootsman. We love him in spite of it. grinning smiley

He he grinning smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 1, 2016 10:40

Rockman
nurse...nurse it's time for my shower

Let's keep it on topic here, Rockee, and call her sister Morphine... smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-01 15:43 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Date: June 1, 2016 10:53

mighty stork
I'll admit I started a ongoing thread long ago with the title "Rolling Stones Glasses" that I knew was somewhat misleading but would get people the check it out. All of the posts are about the Rolling Stones band members.
So where do I stand on that one?
Just guessing, but as a stork, on one leg? grinning smiley

btw - I like your glasses thread, I was/am happy it got legs... or a leg.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 1, 2016 22:36

You're right ,bv (but even if an OT that says "Where is SwayStones ,cool smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 1, 2016 23:12

SwayStones
You're right ,bv (but even if an OT that says "Where is SwayStones ,cool smiley

but even if an OT that says "Where is SwayStones

You never will be OT: Madame SwayStones

Date: June 2, 2016 04:59

Mademoiselle SwayStones si vous s'il vous plaît

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2016 07:53

stonesrule
VERY SORRY BV...I am guilty of not using OT on some of my recent posts.
I apologize. You do such a fine job of organizing these threads, and I messed up! Will try to not do this again.

there is a degree of irony in the fact that stonesrule is flaunting the rules on this stones board.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home