Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: KISS Rocks Vegas.
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: May 25, 2016 12:57

Tonight. One night only before DVD release:

In November 2014, KISS invaded the infamous Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas for a historic nine-show run. Now, for only one night, fans will be able to experience this spectacular show on the big screen when Fathom Events, Eagle Rock Entertainment and MusicScreen bring the legendary rock band to the big screen for an explosive one-night event in KISS Rocks Vegas on Wednesday, May 25. Plus, only at this cinema event, audiences will get an exclusive never-before-seen look behind the scenes at the making of KISS Rocks Vegas and individual interviews with the band!

Off I Go To Coventry Skydome tonight to have a few drinks and rock my Booty. smileys with beer

OK. now all the slagging can commence. Bring it.

>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-25 12:57 by Monkeytonkman.

Re: OT: KISS Rocks Vegas.
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 25, 2016 13:11

Have a blast, Monkeytonkman! Actually I was thinking about going to this one, but unfortunatelly it doesn't show in my little town. Kiss were huge favorites of mine when I was around 10-12 years old.
Many of their songs are still stuck in my head. So it would be a form of nostalgia watching them on the silverscreen. Enjoy, Mt!

Date: May 25, 2016 13:16

In everybody's collection, apparently winking smiley

Have a blast Gareth thumbs up

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 25, 2016 14:11

I wouldn't mind seeing this film. I liked KISS back in the early days and I still have KISS Alive on my rotating classic rock playlist. Just heard a few tracks from it this morning!

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: May 25, 2016 16:06

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 25, 2016 16:28

Hansman
[www.youtube.com]
Gene Simmons is an insufferable douchebag, but they still put on a great show.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: May 25, 2016 16:32

I think I'd rather play the KISS pinball for two hours.

Less predictable and more balls.

full disclosure: I dressed up as Gene for a grade 8 halloween party--it's hell carrying a bass around at a party.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-26 05:49 by camper88.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 25, 2016 18:48

I'm a huge KISS fan. I saw them in 09 and thought they were awful. Thought they played without any emotion whatsoever, the stage show (which I don't ever care about but is part of their "thing") wasn't impressive by any standard, and for a hometown show in New York at Madison Square Garden I just expected a lot more from them. Maybe it was how much the show cost, maybe it was my expectations, but they were playing nearly all of Alive, one of my favorite live records, and I still left thinking that show kind of sucked. I don't even know how they managed to do that.

Still a big KISS fan, but can't ever imagine seeing them live again after that. Saw Ace Frehley in a club 6 months after that for a fourth of the price and he was beyond excellent.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 25, 2016 19:00

RollingFreak
I'm a huge KISS fan. I saw them in 09 and thought they were awful. Thought they played without any emotion whatsoever, the stage show (which I don't ever care about but is part of their "thing") wasn't impressive by any standard, and for a hometown show in New York at Madison Square Garden I just expected a lot more from them. Maybe it was how much the show cost, maybe it was my expectations, but they were playing nearly all of Alive, one of my favorite live records, and I still left thinking that show kind of sucked. I don't even know how they managed to do that.

Still a big KISS fan, but can't ever imagine seeing them live again after that. Saw Ace Frehley in a club 6 months after that for a fourth of the price and he was beyond excellent.

The only time I ever saw KISS, ironically - was during their no-makeup phase in 1986. That was OK, but... I would like to see the "real" stage show but I've also heard from others that they're just kind of going through the motions at this point. I'm sure some gigs are better than others as with anybody.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 25, 2016 19:31

HonkeyTonkFlash
RollingFreak

The only time I ever saw KISS, ironically - was during their no-makeup phase in 1986. That was OK, but... I would like to see the "real" stage show but I've also heard from others that they're just kind of going through the motions at this point. I'm sure some gigs are better than others as with anybody.

It is what it is. I really DON'T think I let me annoyance that they have Tommy and Eric dressed up as Peter and Ace factor into the decision, but I can't say that isn't at all present in my mind. I would hope that as this was their, as of so far, last major hometown show they would have at least shown a little enthusiasm there. I was just all shtick, but really bad shtick. Paul said "we're gonna do the longest encore you've ever seen!" and it was like 20 minutes. It was more how they went about it that made it worse. Examples like not saying that would have at least not exacerbated an already not great show. But yeah, it was just too staged. I get that thats the point of KISS, but behind it all there is good music, and it seems Paul and Gene couldn't be bothered to really care. The music didn't pack a "punch" which for songs like that almost means you need to be TRYING not to play them.

Put a bad taste in my mouth for the band after that. Maybe it was a bad night, I don't know. Just didn't make me need to follow them any longer at least currently. Paul's voice has gotten worse and it is all just getting a bit too old. I'm waiting to see what their next move is. Still love the band, as I said, but wouldn't be caught dead at something like this screening thats being shown. They just really turned me off that last time I saw them. Only thing on my mind is this current rumor Ace might be back, which simultaneously is cool and upsets me.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: May 25, 2016 20:34

I saw KISS a couple of times over the decades. First time in 1980, then 1983, 1984, 1988, the mighty reunion tour in 1996 and the last show I saw was in 1999. While they were great in the 80s and on the reunion tour they completely sucked in 1999. It was the original lineup and I had the feeling they were on autopilot. It was an overchoreographed show, they played pretty sloppy and emotionless and it was basically the same setlist as on the reunion tour. It was very disappointing. After the tour they changed their line up and dressed other people as Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. I'm not interested in that band anymore. It's like a tribute band for me. Same old show and songs over and over and over and over and Paul Stanley's voice is completely shot now. No, thanks!

I still like to listen to some of their songs, though. They wrote some great stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-25 20:35 by Hansman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home