Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sirius Stones
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 25, 2005 04:10

For those of you in the US (I'm not sure about the rest of the world), Sirius satellite radio now has an all Stones channel - 099 or 6099 for those with Dish Network satellite TV. It's awesome - I've dreamed of this all my life - all Stones 24-7! Found out about this while listening to Andrew Loog Oldham's show on Undergound Garage (Sirius 025). It's being advertised as thru September. Please call, write, or e-mail Sirius to keep this on full time. They already have All-Elvis an a Jimmy Buffett channel. The Stones are at least equally deserving as well as the Beatles and possibly Led Zep.

Re: Sirius Stones
Posted by: marston ()
Date: August 25, 2005 04:51

Is it on DirecTV?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 25, 2005 05:04

AOL has one too. It is called "Satisfaction"
Thierry

Date: August 25, 2005 14:50

I don't know about Direct TV, but Dish Network has several Sirius channel on it. On TV ut's 6099, on Sirius radio it's 099.

Posted by: Local27 ()
Date: August 25, 2005 16:34

And you can also go to www.sirius.com and setup a guest account to listen online. I have DISH Network at home....but that doesn't do me any good here at work. The guest accounct only lasts for 3 days....but it's worth it. I've been crankin' the Stones all morning. It's a quick setup. Check it out.

"I'm the bleeding volcano"

Date: August 25, 2005 16:37

It's really great! They're playing stuff from the whole career. Not just warhorses either.

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: August 25, 2005 17:57

Been listening for a couple of hours now, it's good stuff ... too bad this ain't offered in Canada yet.

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 25, 2005 20:49

I have been listening nostop for the last two days since I have sirius. While the y do play the very obscure stuff, there is some weird rorating system going on. because the more popular ones come around a lot more often than the rarities. I was telling someone else that I have heard "Hide Your Love" about 15 times in last 24 hours. WTF?
Sirius is @#$%& great. Little Steven's station alone is worth it.

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: August 25, 2005 20:53

Giving that free trial is pure genius ... I'm hooked!

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Date: August 25, 2005 21:24

ChelseaD, I agree completely. I think the Underground Garage is super, eepecially Little Steven and Andrew Loog Oldham.

Date: August 26, 2005 22:25

Heard "RJ" and "SOL" on there today. Also, some solo stuff (Put Me In The Trash, Dancing In The Streets, etc.) as well as the usual and not so usual suspects. This channel is highly recommended, especially for the die-hards that populate this site.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 26, 2005 23:17

I get Sirius on one of our cars and the Stones channel is simply fantastic. Bad thing is my wife is driving that car to work and back so I only get weekends and evenings. Great mix of songs though and almost no ads. Solid Stones 24 hours a day. Drove in with the wife this morning and heard BOMH played LOUD. Great way to start the day!

Date: August 27, 2005 01:43

filstan, don't forget you can get this at the house if you have Dish Network - 6099. Got out of my truck and went in and turned it on. No "Law and Order", "Andy Griffith", or Braves baseball tonight!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1351
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home