Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Steven announces farewell tour for Aerosmith in 2017
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 27, 2016 22:45

OT: Aerosmith
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 24, 2016 22:51

OK. Enough of stupid election.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Aerosmith back on track in 2017. Farewell tour in 2017.
Looking forward. Stones and Aerosmith on tour.

Re: OT: Aerosmith
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 25, 2016 00:00

Nice of Tyler to say that Aerosmith and the Stones still have their original members! The farewell tour will probably stretch out a couple years, probably ending just as Motley Crue decide to do a reunion tour! smiling smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 25, 2016 00:34

DGA35
Nice of Tyler to say that Aerosmith and the Stones still have their original members! The farewell tour will probably stretch out a couple years, probably ending just as Motley Crue decide to do a reunion tour! smiling smiley

Mötley Crüe will never do a reunion tour. Their very last show was on 31th December 2015 @ Staples Center in Los Angeles. All 4 band members signed a contract, before they went on their Final Tour, that they will never ever perform again after their final concert. Nikki Sixx said once, Farewell Tours are for bands, who lie to their fans and come back after 5 years or so. But Mötley Crüe did a Final Tour and now its over forever!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 25, 2016 12:00

They are a fantastic live band.
Must see the dvd You gotta move.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 25, 2016 12:11

pepganzo

Ugh. There's more footage of the audience (models) than of the band.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 25, 2016 12:50

Keep Aerosmith away from the Stones; ever since that Diane Warren song, Aerosmith have been a joke. The Stones, in contrast, have created more worthwhile music.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 25, 2016 13:13

BowieStone
pepganzo

I'm talking about the sound and the performance, but it's true, there's more footage of the models than of the band.
They played killer version of Love in an elevator, Last child and Road Runner. I think that it's their best live album since 'Live Bootleg'.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: June 25, 2016 15:41

mtaylor
OK. Enough of stupid election.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Aerosmith back on track in 2017. Farewell tour in 2017.
Looking forward. Stones and Aerosmith on tour.

This should have happened about 27 years ago

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 25, 2016 18:06

36 years after my last Aerosmith show, I happened to inadvertently catch Whitford/St. Holmes opening last week for Whitesnake. While Coverdale's performance confirmed my long-held belief that it was music like this that made Nirvana and Pearl Jam necessary, I really enjoyed Whitford/St. Holmes for the brief 30 minutes they were onstage. I'd probably rather see them headline their own show in a small club somewhere than see Aerosmith again. Their new CD is really good, too. Comes packaged along with a second disc containing their 1981 debut.

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-25 18:11 by tatters.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 25, 2016 20:26

Ladykiller
DGA35

Mötley Crüe will never do a reunion tour. Their very last show was on 31th December 2015 @ Staples Center in Los Angeles. All 4 band members signed a contract, before they went on their Final Tour, that they will never ever perform again after their final concert. Nikki Sixx said once, Farewell Tours are for bands, who lie to their fans and come back after 5 years or so. But Mötley Crüe did a Final Tour and now its over forever!

Hey Ladykiller, I am aware of the contract Crue signed for their farewell tour. I also remember Nikki or Tommy saying in the early 90's that if any member dies or quits, then there will be no more Crue. Shortly after Vince Neil leaves and they hire John Corabi and carry on! I'm sure if some promotor threw tons of cash their way, they would find a way to tour again, maybe as The Crue! Mick Mars' health would probably be the biggest factor.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 25, 2016 21:24

pepganzo
BowieStone
pepganzo

I'm talking about the sound and the performance, but it's true, there's more footage of the models than of the band.
They played killer version of Love in an elevator, Last child and Road Runner. I think that it's their best live album since 'Live Bootleg'.

Might have to revisit it. I remember really annoying editing and massive overdubs.

Date: June 26, 2016 15:13

DGA35
Ladykiller
DGA35

Hey Ladykiller, I am aware of the contract Crue signed for their farewell tour. I also remember Nikki or Tommy saying in the early 90's that if any member dies or quits, then there will be no more Crue. Shortly after Vince Neil leaves and they hire John Corabi and carry on! I'm sure if some promotor threw tons of cash their way, they would find a way to tour again, maybe as The Crue! Mick Mars' health would probably be the biggest factor.

Vince Neil can't sing anymore and Mick Mars is half way to heaven. Maybe Tommy Lee joins one day Sixx A.M. (Nikki's band)?

IF Mötley Crüe would ever return for a Reunion Tour after their Final Tour; they would make themselves so f***ing rediculous. I think, it will not happen!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 26, 2016 15:33

Aerosmith haven't done a bloody thing worth hearing since Done With Mirrors.

IF Mötley Crüe would ever return for a Reunion Tour after their Final Tour; they would make themselves so f***ing rediculous

when have Motley Crue ever not been ridiculous? i'll give it 2 years tops

Date: June 27, 2016 11:24

DGA35
Ladykiller
DGA35

thats not what nikki or tommy said. they said this band will probably go until someone dies

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 27, 2016 17:57

Ladykiller
DGA35
Ladykiller
DGA35

Vince Neil can't sing anymore and Mick Mars is half way to heaven. Maybe Tommy Lee joins one day Sixx A.M. (Nikki's band)?

IF Mötley Crüe would ever return for a Reunion Tour after their Final Tour; they would make themselves so f***ing rediculous. I think, it will not happen!
Nikki and Tommy hate each other...there's no way they'll ever team up.

Nikki unfollowed Tommy on Twitter RIGHT after their last show. None of the band members aside from Tommy attended the afterparty, and he flat-out states that he doubts he'll ever see any of his bandmates again.

Date: June 27, 2016 23:01

keefriff99
Ladykiller
DGA35
Ladykiller
DGA35

Nikki unfollowed Tommy on Twitter RIGHT after their last show. None of the band members aside from Tommy attended the afterparty, and he flat-out states that he doubts he'll ever see any of his bandmates again.

Mötley Crüe were at the beginning of their carreer, best friends. So sad, that their friendship is now history like the band.

But The Rolling Stones are still good friends with some trouble from time to time.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 27, 2016 23:08

Isn't there already a thread about this?

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: June 27, 2016 23:23

They are a great live act, glad I finally caught them a couple of years ago in Atl, but I would put my money on Joe, keeping it going and replacing Tyler like they have threaten to do in the past.....

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 29, 2016 23:39

tomcasagranda
Keep Aerosmith away from the Stones; ever since that Diane Warren song, Aerosmith have been a joke. The Stones, in contrast, have created more worthwhile music.

Correct. They turned into bon jokey and there is NOTHING worse than that

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 30, 2016 17:16

tomcasagranda

There are exceptions... Streets Of Love, Oh No Not You Again, Sweet Neo Con, Stealing My Heart, Keys To Your Love, Might As Well Get Juiced, Gunface, Always Suffering, Already Over Me, Sweethearts Together, Hold On To Your Hat, Continental Drift, Rock And A Hard Place and DIRTY WORK.

Date: June 30, 2016 17:22

keefriff99
Ladykiller
DGA35
Ladykiller
DGA35

That's not true. Tommy said it but it's not true. He hadn't been following Tommy for over a year - and Tommy didn't even follow Nikki. Just a bunch of Los Angeles powder puffing.

Re: OT: Aerosmith news and rumours
Date: June 30, 2016 17:42

What a delusional band. Nikki Sixx who sees himself as a writer, who belongs with the greats. I saw a clip by him where he was saying that he been trying to contact Keith to get together and write.
Then there's the blond, fat one. I think he was always, uh lacking.
Tommy did okay solo, but hen you see him with the band, he seems to shed the few IQ points he garnered.
Mars IMO was a good guitar player. I never liked HM guitarists; not the sound, or the style, the soloing. But Mick Mars played a bone hard crunch rhtyhm style, that went under appreciated, and ultimately under used. With his physical limitations he always looked so ill at ease among those settings. Settings that wrote the book on shallowness.

Date: June 30, 2016 18:03

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
Ladykiller
DGA35
Ladykiller
DGA35

That's not true. Tommy said it but it's not true. He hadn't been following Tommy for over a year - and Tommy didn't even follow Nikki. Just a bunch of Los Angeles powder puffing.
Ah, interesting. I only read the article quoting Tommy Lee. I certainly didn't care enough to follow up on the veracity of his claims. Thanks!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 30, 2016 18:17

nice of Steven to want to kill the band because of his fantasy

Date: June 30, 2016 18:29

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
Ladykiller
DGA35
Ladykiller
DGA35

Ah, interesting. I only read the article quoting Tommy Lee. I certainly didn't care enough to follow up on the veracity of his claims. Thanks!

I had to see what it was about. Pretty bad.

The MC fans may have cared but I don't think the general record buying public that bought DR FEELGOOD gives a shit at all about what anyone in MC does or says: they had it and lost it after that album.

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: July 1, 2016 04:05

Stones50
tomcasagranda

Bon Jovi is an incredible band who burn the doors down every single time they hit the stage. Plus, Jon Bon Jovi is shown to be a talented actor and tireless philanthropist. There's nothing wrong with their music. Using the "it's awful because it's commercial" argument is quite tenuous when you can't back it up. There's also nothing wrong with the music Aerosmith made with Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get A Grip and Nine Lives. And I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing is a great song, which even Joe Perry admits and says he loves to play on stage.

Date: July 1, 2016 04:22

Toxic34
Stones50
tomcasagranda

Bon Jovi is an incredible band who burn the doors down every single time they hit the stage. Plus, Jon Bon Jovi is shown to be a talented actor and tireless philanthropist. There's nothing wrong with their music. Using the "it's awful because it's commercial" argument is quite tenuous when you can't back it up. There's also nothing wrong with the music Aerosmith made with Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get A Grip and Nine Lives. And I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing is a great song, which even Joe Perry admits and says he loves to play on stage.
I agree that Bon Jovi and a lot of '80s/'90s Aerosmith are both great. We're DEFINITELY in the minority on this board.

The key difference though is that Bon Jovi never pretended to be anything other than a pop-oriented hard rock band with a big, polished production with no qualms about bringing in outside songwriters.

Aerosmith was a sleazy, nasty hard rock band in the '70s that wrote their own songs. As much as I enjoy the Permanent Vacation-Nine Lives era, it is disheartening that they needed to lean on outside songwriters so heavily to create good songs.

Date: July 1, 2016 07:22

Palace Revolution 2000
What a delusional band. Nikki Sixx who sees himself as a writer, who belongs with the greats. I saw a clip by him where he was saying that he been trying to contact Keith to get together and write.
Then there's the blond, fat one. I think he was always, uh lacking.
Tommy did okay solo, but hen you see him with the band, he seems to shed the few IQ points he garnered.
Mars IMO was a good guitar player. I never liked HM guitarists; not the sound, or the style, the soloing. But Mick Mars played a bone hard crunch rhtyhm style, that went under appreciated, and ultimately under used. With his physical limitations he always looked so ill at ease among those settings. Settings that wrote the book on shallowness.

you probably like mick mars because he's in his early 60's now and was influenced by blues and an entire different bunch of guitar players than the usual 80's heavy metal players. George lynch is another older guy from that scene who seems to have some different influences than most guys on that scene. I'd say slash and maybe tracii guns fit that too and then most of the rest seem to have the same influences like randy rhoads and eddie van halen

Date: July 1, 2016 07:31

keefriff99
Toxic34
Stones50
tomcasagranda

I agree that Bon Jovi and a lot of '80s/'90s Aerosmith are both great. We're DEFINITELY in the minority on this board.

The key difference though is that Bon Jovi never pretended to be anything other than a pop-oriented hard rock band with a big, polished production with no qualms about bringing in outside songwriters.

Aerosmith was a sleazy, nasty hard rock band in the '70s that wrote their own songs. As much as I enjoy the Permanent Vacation-Nine Lives era, it is disheartening that they needed to lean on outside songwriters so heavily to create good songs.

I don't think they "needed" to lean on the outside writers. Geffen forced the band to bring them in for hits. 4 songs on vacation and 6 on pump have no outside writers. on get a grip the lines are blurred and several songs are co written by actual musician friends of the band like Richie supa (who co wrote stuff in the 70's with the band), tommy shaw, lenny kravitz and jack blades. 7 of the get a grip tunes fall into the category of band only or musician friend plus band.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home