Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 30
Re: OT: EURO 2016 - Prediction game and chat
Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: June 15, 2016 12:08

I just joined the mini-League. Gave you guys some points before I start the chase..... winking smiley

Date: June 15, 2016 12:18

grinning smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 15, 2016 12:37

DandelionPowderman
maumau
mtaylor
Koen
maumau
belgium vs italy: count the saves of Courtois and those (that) of Buffon. that's an accurate picture of the game and make sense of the score. more accurate than ball possession

So what are the numbers?

[www.skysports.com]

SkySports is very good with match statistics.

"Ball possession" - reminds me about Manchester United this season, lots of ball possession, but no goals. You don't win a match without goals. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

thanks mtaylor for the numbers. pretty clear if you just look at the shots. belgium had a 33% ratio of shots on target, Italy had a 50%. On target / off target are specular (3/6) in favour of Italy while general numbers of shots and ball possession are in favour of belgium. That is Italy had less possession and made less shots but was way more efficient.

And if your attacks are quicker, more counter-attack-oriented, your team will never have the most possession.

Exactly - that was "the Louis Van Gall period" in Man. United. Lots of possession and basically no attack - just moving the ball back and forth, and in that way you don't win a match. Just created boredom on the stadium, that's Old Trafford was booing and in the end was "empty".

Date: June 15, 2016 12:43

mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
maumau
mtaylor
Koen
maumau
belgium vs italy: count the saves of Courtois and those (that) of Buffon. that's an accurate picture of the game and make sense of the score. more accurate than ball possession

So what are the numbers?

[www.skysports.com]

"Ball possession" - reminds me about Manchester United this season, lots of ball possession, but no goals. You don't win a match without goals. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

thanks mtaylor for the numbers. pretty clear if you just look at the shots. belgium had a 33% ratio of shots on target, Italy had a 50%. On target / off target are specular (3/6) in favour of Italy while general numbers of shots and ball possession are in favour of belgium. That is Italy had less possession and made less shots but was way more efficient.

And if your attacks are quicker, more counter-attack-oriented, your team will never have the most possession.

Exactly - that was "the Louis Van Gall period" in Man. United. Lots of possession and basically no attack - just moving the ball back and forth, and in that way you don't win a match. Just created boredom on the stadium, that's Old Trafford was booing and in the end was "empty".

Unless you have extraordinar players who can tip the games in your favour on their own...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 15, 2016 12:57

DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
maumau
mtaylor
Koen
maumau

So what are the numbers?

[www.skysports.com]

Unless you have extraordinar players who can tip the games in your favour on their own...

grinning smiley you might as well name them mate: iniesta, messi, neymar, suarez... with these ball possession wont be boring winking smiley and you win more often than not

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-15 12:58 by maumau.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 15, 2016 12:57

Though it is one of the reasons why football is such an attractive sport to watch,
the unpredictable outcome of any game, it is rather frustrating that I did not get
one point out of the last five matches....

Anyway, next round is about to kick off, and we can use the experience of the first
round to change our bets. Will surprises like Hongary and Iceland surprise us once
more, of will the old routine kick in?

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 15, 2016 13:02

maumau
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
maumau
mtaylor
Koen
maumau

So what are the numbers?

[www.skysports.com]

grinning smiley you might as well name them mate: iniesta, messi, neymar, suarez... with these ball possession wont be boring winking smiley and you win more often than not

smileys with beer

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 15, 2016 13:05

DandelionPowderman
Come On
smiling smiley I must admit that I do not understand how to find where to predict round 2.

It's not possible before they have finished their three games in round 1 smiling smiley

I found it!! Not that it will be any difference if I predict or not it seems....2 Points this far...tongue sticking out smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: June 15, 2016 13:14

DandelionPowderman
maumau
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
maumau
mtaylor
Koen
maumau

So what are the numbers?

[www.skysports.com]

smileys with beer

Even that was not allowed under LVG. Lingaard's FA Cup winning goal on Wembley was against his rules. According to LVG, Lingaard should have controlled the ball and that shoot/kick. Lingaard's one touch shot was outside the rules.

When you discipline the players, you take away creativity that makes football entertaining. And for the team, you become predictable and easy to defend.

Date: June 15, 2016 13:23

It's time to have a look at the table after Stage 1:

Date: June 15, 2016 16:46

I don't care what I predicted. Slovakia is having a ball out there. The second goal was pure art! thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2016 17:29

DandelionPowderman
I don't care what I predicted. Slovakia is having a ball out there. The second goal was pure art! thumbs up

Possession: Russia 63% / Slovakia 37%
Shots on target: Russia 1 / Slovakia 3

Current result: Russia 0 / Slovakia 2

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 15, 2016 17:57

Bad start for me on stage 2! Luckily seems it was also bad for the other contenders...The heat is on!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 15, 2016 18:18

I think we can say bye bye Russia and please don't forget to bring your hooligans back home ! thank you very much.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 15, 2016 18:26

0 Points for me in the last 4 matches sad smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 15, 2016 18:35

It looks like "bye-bye" to Russia in a way, but they said during the game that 4 points will see a team advance. It may depend too on what happens in England Wales.

As of now, Slovakia has played 2 games, they have 3 points, Wales has played 1 game and they have 3 points.

England have played 1 game, 1 point, Russia has played 2 games, 1 point.

[us.soccerway.com]

So, we will see.

Date: June 15, 2016 18:53

I guess England has to win over Wales tomorrow, else it looks like an early "Exit" one more time.

Date: June 16, 2016 00:12

well, of course I'm happy we won against Albania but it's not satisfying.
it was painful, clumsy and timid.
Congratulations to Albania which managed to make things really difficult for us.
we had to wait for the 90th minute to score and a second goal during the extra time.

it's a bit worrying for the next rounds.

Date: June 16, 2016 00:21

But you've got Payet!!! thumbs upcool smiley

Date: June 16, 2016 00:41

And Griezmann smileys with beer

Date: June 16, 2016 00:55

Yup, but I think no matter what happens to France in the rest of the tournament, Payet will be one of the best players this year... drinking smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 02:07

martial was terrible tonight, another who believes his own hype, he just tried to dribble into people most of the time, and gave the ball away a lot of the time, no surprise he was subbed.

cant stand his sort of player, those who run with the ball and dont pass, but keep running till they lose it, no end product and a broken attack that the rest of the team worked hard to sustain.

switzerland had one of those types of players too, who came on in the 2nd half.

those which win euros and world cups dont have many of those types of players.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 16, 2016 05:29

[www.bbc.com]

Looks like a lot of mindless activities, "aggro" going on in Lille. Fine with me if the Police clamp down on these kinds of things...

Though, 36 arrests, 16 in the hospital; I certainly don't want to see anyone hurt.

Italia '90, the Gendarmes took nothing from the attendees. Might be the way to handle it really.

Screw the troublemakers.

Unacceptable, truly. If it means sending countries home, then do it!

It just takes a few bad apples as has been seen rarely but still occurs in English football like that Millwall/West Ham match a few years ago. Some rubbish still goes on.

Last Saturday, this guy threw a chair in Marseilles, the police already caught up with him in Birmingham. No excuse for this. Throw the book at them.

[www.bbc.com]

And

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Read the photos, kicking in the head, this is bad bad stuff.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 06:23 by BroomWagon.

Date: June 16, 2016 12:05

It's a bad thing that some football supporters feel free to misbehave themselves when
they're on a night out. That said, I think the way autorities handle the case is also
very important. With English supporters it's most of the time the alcohol that gets
the fire started. Different from the Russians, who apparently only came to hunt the English.
When you know, as a policeman, that the trouble makers are drunk, you should try not
to provoke them. Tear gas and water canons only make things worse. Better stay polite
and guide them to a place where they can relax. During Euro 2000 in The Netherlands
the same English supporters were handled like three year old infants (which seems to
be approriate for their intellectual development) and there were no problems.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 16, 2016 12:25

marcovandereijk
It's a bad thing that some football supporters feel free to misbehave themselves when
they're on a night out. That said, I think the way autorities handle the case is also
very important. With English supporters it's most of the time the alcohol that gets
the fire started. Different from the Russians, who apparently only came to hunt the English.
When you know, as a policeman, that the trouble makers are drunk, you should try not
to provoke them. Tear gas and water canons only make things worse. Better stay polite
and guide them to a place where they can relax. During Euro 2000 in The Netherlands
the same English supporters were handled like three year old infants (which seems to
be approriate for their intellectual development) and there were no problems.

thumbs up

Date: June 16, 2016 16:50

England in great danger !

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 16, 2016 16:57

Great first half. Lots of action. I didn't expect Wales to score though. Looking forward to the second half.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 16, 2016 16:58

jpasc95
England in great danger !

Great free kick by Bale!

Date: June 16, 2016 17:00

I predicted a 2-2 draw here. Will be an interesting second half! smoking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 16, 2016 17:19

I hope England wins. It'd put my husband in a better mood...has day off he's watching it now (of course)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home