Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 30
Re: OT: EURO 2016 - Prediction game and chat
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 14, 2016 15:51

Let's hope for the better then, Dandelion. But we actually didn't manage to have one single shot on goal during the whole game. Our goal was made by the Irish defender. Good to hear you're part Swedish by the way!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 14, 2016 15:53

Final warning for the Russians, one more fight and the team is out.

[www.bbc.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 14, 2016 16:00

Koen

[www.bbc.com]

What do Russian fans say?

This is the country that will host the next World Cup.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 14, 2016 16:08

Stoneage
Let's hope for the better then, Dandelion. But we actually didn't manage to have one single shot on goal during the whole game. Our goal was made by the Irish defender. Good to hear you're part Swedish by the way!

smiling smiley

But it was close. Two words: Emil Forsberg... I don't know how he got the ball on the outside of the post. Quite an achievement.

Date: June 14, 2016 16:25

DandelionPowderman
Torres up in the lead again. Well done!

grinning smiley

Iniesta..

Barcelona FC

La Liga: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16
king´s Cup: 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16
Spain Supercopa: 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013
UEFA Champions League: 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15
UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015

International

Spain

FIFA World Cup: 2010[92]
UEFA European Football Championship: 2008, 2012[92]
UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship: 2002[92]
UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship: 2001[92]
FIFA Confederations Cup: Runner-up 2013[92]

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 17:06

Koen

[www.bbc.com]
and the same for England ! (dixit UEFA)

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 14, 2016 20:07

jpasc95
Koen

[www.bbc.com]

I don't know what the exact difference is in wording but Russia has been given a "suspended disqualification"

[www.bbc.com]

So, they have been dealt with a bit harsher than England.

The French Police pulled over a bus of Russian fans too.
[uk.soccerway.com]

Date: June 14, 2016 20:46

Upset in the making here; Magyars!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 14, 2016 21:11

BroomWagon
jpasc95
Koen

[www.bbc.com]

I don't know what the exact difference is in wording but Russia has been given a "suspended disqualification"

[www.bbc.com]

So, they have been dealt with a bit harsher than England.

The French Police pulled over a bus of Russian fans too.
[uk.soccerway.com]

According to the president of the Russian Football Association, they are very proud of the Russian troublemakers / they fought for the nation.

He mentioned that if the Russian sports minister had been in Marseilles, he (the sports minister) would have participated as well.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 14, 2016 21:53

So Ronnie is up next. Will the shirt come off if he scores?=

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 14, 2016 22:07

belgium vs italy: count the saves of Courtois and those (that) of Buffon. that's an accurate picture of the game and make sense of the score. more accurate than ball possession

Date: June 14, 2016 22:56

That's correct, maumau.

Date: June 14, 2016 23:31

I'm in on a commercial prediction game. The thing is that I make the same mistake every time. Just before the games starts I'll change my prediction. And it always fails!
If I hadn't done that I would have been in a decent position in the ranks. Now I have squandered my chances. Deja vu for someone else?

Date: June 14, 2016 23:57

What an achievement by Iceland! 40.000 out of their 350.000 inhabitants are in France, celebrating this draw. Amazing thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2016 00:02

great game and deserved draw for Iceland thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2016 00:12

That's amazing. But, big congrats to Iceland. No wonder they qualified.
A kick to Ronaldo's ego and my "dream-team". I had 4 Portuguese players, I thought it was an easy win on lots of points confused smiley

Date: June 15, 2016 00:44

Congrats to our viking friends! And they could have scored two more goals. Even though they were outplayed large parts of the game. Now, who predicted that outcome?
(By the way they have a Swedish coach who now is dearly missed here in Sweden!)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 15, 2016 00:47

maumau
belgium vs italy: count the saves of Courtois and those (that) of Buffon. that's an accurate picture of the game and make sense of the score. more accurate than ball possession

So what are the numbers?

Date: June 15, 2016 01:07

Koen
maumau

So what are the numbers?

[www.skysports.com]

SkySports is very good with match statistics.

"Ball possession" - reminds me about Manchester United this season, lots of ball possession, but no goals. You don't win a match without goals. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 15, 2016 02:46

been a bit disapointing these euros. few goals, too much defensive football and top players not performing, some due to believing their own hype.

watched tonights portugal v iceland match, all prematch it was ronaldo this and ronaldo that and all these ronaldo stats, no mention of the fact ronaldo has played in 6 previous tournaments and has not once lived up to his reputation of one of the worlds best.

tonight he was his usual in tournament football, didnt influence the game, didnt take the game by the scruff of the neck and try to get crosses in, he as usual waited around for his teammates to deliver the ball to him.

ronaldo has never done anything in tournament football that others havent done, and at least others can pass the ball better or cross the ball better.

if ronaldo was german, germany would not be world champions because ronaldo would upset their system.

ronaldo is the most overrated, overhyped player ever, he is just not a game changer at the highest level,if portugal dont play well, ronaldo goes missing, great players make their team play better.

even tonight he got mentioned as almost matching michel platinis record in the euros of 9 goals, platini got his 9 goals in 5 games, including a semi and a final. ronaldos 6 goals have come in 3 euro campaigns and much more than 5 games and v inferior opposition in some cases.

wonder why the media are scared to critisise ronaldo, its disresepectful to portugals other players to always be overlooked.

Date: June 15, 2016 05:17

Just a note, it looks like we are into stage 2 of predictions!

Just letting everyone know, if you haven't made picks, try to make them by game time.

Matches, 15 June 2016:

Russia Slovakia
Romania Switzerland
France Albania

At the picks website listed on page 1, this is now stage 2 of the first round; I guess one can still join even if you missed the previous. Just saying.

----------------------

Congrats to Iceland but also to Hungary for very fine matches.

Portugal loses 1-1, Iceland wins 1-1.

Upsets are what I like in the game; and that's just my view;

It's great that Real Madrid's, Brazil's, etc. trophy cases are filled but that's not what I like the game for.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-15 05:26 by BroomWagon.

Date: June 15, 2016 08:46

It won't be stage 2 before every team has played three games, surely?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 15, 2016 08:56

I must admit I was impressed by Iceland and their solid collective team !
I didn't know them.
They were considered as the "little Poucet" of the competition and actually they're more than that. So you shouldn't mess with these Vikings !

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 15, 2016 09:14

Stoneage
Congrats to our viking friends! And they could have scored two more goals. Even though they were outplayed large parts of the game. Now, who predicted that outcome?
(By the way they have a Swedish coach who now is dearly missed here in Sweden!)

...Wish they would have. I predicted 1-2 final score in their favour. smoking smiley

Date: June 15, 2016 09:16

DandelionPowderman
It won't be stage 2 before every team has played three games, surely?

Stage 2 of Round 1 (or vice versa; whatever you fancy... >grinning smiley< )

Date: June 15, 2016 09:19

jpasc95
I must admit I was impressed by Iceland and their solid collective team !
I didn't know them.
They were considered as the "little Poucet" of the competition and actually they're more than that. So you shouldn't mess with these Vikings !

They were marvelous in the qualifiers, and they put up a more than decent game in almost every match they've played in recent years - a really good team (out of the max. 75 professional football players the country has in store!!...), and one of the potential upsets/ revelations of this tournament, imo.

Date: June 15, 2016 09:37

mtaylor
Koen
maumau

So what are the numbers?

[www.skysports.com]

"Ball possession" - reminds me about Manchester United this season, lots of ball possession, but no goals. You don't win a match without goals. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

thanks mtaylor for the numbers. pretty clear if you just look at the shots. belgium had a 33% ratio of shots on target, Italy had a 50%. On target / off target are specular (3/6) in favour of Italy while general numbers of shots and ball possession are in favour of belgium. That is Italy had less possession and made less shots but was way more efficient.

Date: June 15, 2016 09:51

maumau
mtaylor
Koen
maumau

So what are the numbers?

[www.skysports.com]

thanks mtaylor for the numbers. pretty clear if you just look at the shots. belgium had a 33% ratio of shots on target, Italy had a 50%. On target / off target are specular (3/6) in favour of Italy while general numbers of shots and ball possession are in favour of belgium. That is Italy had less possession and made less shots but was way more efficient.

And if your attacks are quicker, more counter-attack-oriented, your team will never have the most possession.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 15, 2016 11:34

smiling smiley I must admit that I do not understand how to find where to predict round 2.

2 1 2 0

Date: June 15, 2016 11:57

Come On
smiling smiley I must admit that I do not understand how to find where to predict round 2.

It's not possible before they have finished their three games in round 1 smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home