Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Little Richard 'gravely ill'
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:49

Really sad news coming from California. The great Little Richard is 'gravely ill' according to a California newspaper report.

[www.mercurynews.com]

Little Richard may have serious medical issues, after legendary bassist Bootsy Collins tweeted "A friend, a legend & some say the true King of Rock & Roll. Lil-Richard needs our love & understanding right now...." last weekend.

Richard has gone through a stroke, hip surgery and a heart attack in recent years, making him reclusive in his Macon home, according to Rollingout.com. Reports are circulating that the 83-year-old's health has deteriorated to the point where family members are staying at his bedside in an unnamed hospital.

After suffering a heart attack during a fundraising even for the Recording Academy in 2013, Richard announced he was retiring from performing.

Little Richard, born Richard Wayne Penniman, was born in 1932 in Macon. He's widely known as one of rock and roll's founding fathers, with a reputation for outrageous showmanship. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986 as part of its initial class of performers.

Tony Hicks writes celebrity commentary for the Bay Area News Group. Contact him at Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.TonyHicks or Twitter.com/tonyhicks67

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 17:51 by Silver Dagger.

Re: OT: Little Richard 'gravely ill'
Date: May 3, 2016 18:22

Sad..

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:23

He's a legend and my homeboy, as I am about an hour SE of Macon.

No, I don't know him personally.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:24

DandelionPowderman
Sad..
Yes, but he IS 83. He's had an amazing life and his influence on music will live on for centuries.

As Kevin Smith says, "A HUGE bucket of win."

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:24

Sorry to hear this.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:26

Little Richard has denied the report that he's gravely ill.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: May 3, 2016 18:30

Have Bootsy denied it?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:45

Lighting the incense of well-being for the man in any case -
all kinds of blessings on the queen of rock & roll

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 3, 2016 19:16

I'm sad because he has not felt well enough to be on stage lately. He is special r&r hero to me.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 3, 2016 19:24

Little Richard just released a statement saying these reports are not true..
[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 3, 2016 20:07

I got to work with him once in the mid-80s on a television special. Really sweet guy. And to be near him as he played piano was a treat.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 3, 2016 20:15

I wonder how close is Bootsy Collins friendship with Little Richard to make such a statement like he did, especially if Richards' own attorney (for 30 years) has denied it. On any case, I wish him all the best.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 3, 2016 21:20

Maybe the Attorney has been instructed to deny these types of comments? Anyhow, it seems he's been in bad health for some time, although I hope it's not true. But let's face it, the end is getting closer for all these guys, and us too.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: May 3, 2016 21:22

with sssoul
Lighting the incense of well-being for the man in any case -
all kinds of blessings on the queen of rock & roll

i am joining you for all of this

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 3, 2016 22:44

frankotero
Maybe the Attorney has been instructed to deny these types of comments? Anyhow, it seems he's been in bad health for some time, although I hope it's not true. But let's face it, the end is getting closer for all these guys, and us too.

Yeah, its unfortunate, but people can hardly be upset Little Richard isn't out there and visible at 83. Let's see where our guys are 10 years from now. Hoping that Little Richard's denials are real, which I assume they are from Rolling Stone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home