Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones versus New York Dolls.
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 21, 2016 20:13

camper88
rodes
David Johansen and Johnny Thunders clones?

Everything's a remix. Everybody copies somebody.

...even photographers, apparently. smoking smiley

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: April 22, 2016 14:16

Jagger's HBO series Vinyl begins with the New York Dolls doing Personality Crisis in NYC. A well done scene, dark, chaotic.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 22, 2016 15:49

Do you even know that Earl Slickwas their guitar-player between 2011-2014? I mean/wrote/told you about EARL SLICK!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 22, 2016 22:25

I was excited when Earl Slick joined the fold but it ended up being a strange fit. I love his playing, in general, and saw him with Bowie three times, but it was as though he couldn't be bothered to try very hard in the Dolls. He actually used a capo on some of the classics and when he attempted the iconic riff to Jet Boy it just sounded…weird. Maybe he was too good a musician to nail the Thunders sound?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 23, 2016 14:50

andrewm
I was excited when Earl Slick joined the fold but it ended up being a strange fit. I love his playing, in general, and saw him with Bowie three times, but it was as though he couldn't be bothered to try very hard in the Dolls. He actually used a capo on some of the classics and when he attempted the iconic riff to Jet Boy it just sounded…weird. Maybe he was too good a musician to nail the Thunders sound?

Ha ha or vice verca....

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home