Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 51
Re: Paradiso thoughts
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 6, 2016 16:11

hockenheim95
Really one of the best releases ever. I only have two complains:

1. Where is the second show? Only Dead Flowers and some incomplete stuff on the documentary.

2. Why did they edit out so many things? The false start of rip this joint is missing, the first slow chord of street fighting man is missing and they edited the last verse of like a rolling stone where Mick Congress in late. That's only the obvious ones as they are all heard on the CD version. I bet there are more edits especially between the songs and before the encore.

There is ZERO content from the 2nd Paradiso show in the 2016 Totally Stripped releases.

Dead Flowers comes from the 1st night. They replaced the version of the 2nd Paradiso show that was in the 1st 1-hour version of the Stripped documentary

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 6, 2016 16:19

Doc
hockenheim95

1. Where is the second show? Only Dead Flowers and some incomplete stuff on the documentary.

2. Why did they edit out so many things? The false start of rip this joint is missing, the first slow chord of street fighting man is missing and they edited the last verse of like a rolling stone where Mick Congress in late. That's only the obvious ones as they are all heard on the CD version. I bet there are more edits especially between the songs and before the encore.

There is ZERO content from the 2nd Paradiso show in the 2016 Totally Stripped releases.

Dead Flowers comes from the 1st night. They replaced the version of the 2nd Paradiso show that was in the 1st 1-hour version of the Stripped documentary

In my eyes the dead flowers from the documentary is clearly another version than the one on the Amsterdam disc. Same with not fade away

Date: June 6, 2016 16:19

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95

Is it? I haven't gotten my box set yet, but on the download I got the wrong key intro is indeed included smiling smiley

Oddly it is included on CD but not on the show itself.

Yeah, I noticed that now smiling smiley

Posted by: max56 ()
Date: June 6, 2016 16:31

I was on all 4 shows
Brixton was the best
first paradiso they where not that good

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 6, 2016 16:43

max56
I was on all 4 shows
Brixton was the best
first paradiso they where not that good

Brixton best show ?
The set list was were more intersting in terms of rarities in Amsterdam and London, but the performance in Paris is IMHO better than London
Which Paradiso was the best in your opinion ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: June 6, 2016 16:48

For setlist First paradiso was the best
For this release paradiso setlist is far better then the rest
But Brixton was very very good believe me

Date: June 6, 2016 16:59

max56
For setlist First paradiso was the best
For this release paradiso setlist is far better then the rest
But Brixton was very very good believe me

We have heard Brixton in excellent quality for some time now. IMO, the performance (based on the music alone) wasn't remotely near the quality of the Paradiso performance.

Midnight Rambler was a historic trainwreck in Brixton, though smiling smiley

Date: June 6, 2016 17:01

I'm wrong for seflist second paradiso was best but the show was not that good

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 6, 2016 17:33

hockenheim95
Doc
hockenheim95

In my eyes the dead flowers from the documentary is clearly another version than the one on the Amsterdam disc. Same with not fade away

"Not Fade Away" are indeed different in the documentary than on the Amsterdam disc! Listen to Keith's guitar during the intro: On the version in the documentary, he slides his E-string. On the Amsterdam disc he plays it straight.

"Dead Flowers" are the same on both discs, though. Ronnie's licks are exactly the same.

So from the 27. may show, we now have:

Not Fade Away (2016 Documentary - interrupted by interviews)
It's All Over Now (2003 iTunes exclusive download)
Dead Flowers (1995 Documentary)
Shine A Light (1995 Documentary)
All Down The Line ("Like A Rolling Stone" cd-single)

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 7, 2016 00:50

RockingLonestar
You Got to Roll Me
I cant get over how Awesome this show is... Keith is on fire, mick is as soulful as ever and ronnie really stands out, esp when he plays that thunderbird. incredible show

I don´t know if Ronnie can play a Thunderbird as well, but the guitar he is playing is a Gibson Firebird ;-)

Ronnie has been known to play bass, so I guess a Thunderbird would suit him too. smiling smiley

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: June 7, 2016 10:06

Who is Freddy, the man that Keith congratulates with his birthday and was present at the show?

Date: June 7, 2016 10:40

Freddie Sessler?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:00

Freddie Sessler was my guess too
His birthday was May 26th — I'm not at home to check if that matches

Keith dedicated that same song to someone else too —
Interesting, given that he almost never does that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-07 18:03 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:09

I do agree. It's an excellent show from an excellent band. Those were the days when I witnessed them several times, unfortunately never in one of those small club venues. Lucky guys who were there.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:16

with sssoul

The Paradiso shows were around May 26th, so it does match up.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:16

I've often thought "what would a Stones show be like without any warhorses?" Well, this is it. And it's amazing! Gimme Shelter is really the only song in this set that could be considered a "warhorse".

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:41

I can't understand why they don't play Jump On Top Of Me more often. I'm not saying it's a good song - it's Stones by numbers like you wouldn't believe - but somehow at Paradiso it sounded like a classic.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 7, 2016 20:46

keefriff99
with sssoul

The Paradiso shows were around May 26th, so it does match up.

I'm home now and checked the excellent Nzentgraf.de,
and Paradiso I was exactly May 26th. I believe that's a bingo.

I didn't know Freddie Sessler died on Keith's birthday. December's children

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:12

Swayed1967
I can't understand why they don't play Jump On Top Of Me more often. I'm not saying it's a good song - it's Stones by numbers like you wouldn't believe - but somehow at Paradiso it sounded like a classic.

it is not a good song, its a Great song. Love it.
jeroen

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:19

corriecas
Swayed1967

jeroen

Certainly a great club song…….>grinning smiley<

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:25

hockenheim95

2. Why did they edit out so many things?

it a well established law: The Rolling Stones will never ever release a real live album. Everything they release as "live" is always edited somehow – cut, over-dubbed etc.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:27

My iTunes in French and it's impossible to download the DVD's on iTunes. Are they available on iTunes?

Benjamin.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:30

slewan
hockenheim95

it a well established law: The Rolling Stones will never ever release a real live album. Everything they release as "live" is always edited somehow – cut, over-dubbed etc.

Hampton 81.
LA Friday.
Tokyo 90.
Leeds 82.
Marquee 71.
Texas 78.
Checkerboard Lounge 81.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:56

corriecas
Swayed1967

jeroen

It is a great song. B-sides don't get played often simply because the artists don't really even remember them. When I've read stories on Stones rehearsing, the talk is they go through "albums" to remember the songs and learn to play them, it seems unlikely that whoever is spinning the albums also is sitting there with a complete list of b-sides to play.

Jump On Top Of Me is great for us as a novelty b-side but Stones sure aren't thinking about it.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 7, 2016 22:28

benstones
My iTunes in French and it's impossible to download the DVD's on iTunes. Are they available on iTunes?

Hi! It's the same thing here in Germany, no iTunes (but they showed it as a presale). No idea what happend....

Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 7, 2016 23:04

So I got the box today and it's AMAZING! I wanted to ask: I recently bought a new computer, but unfortunately there's no blu-Ray disc reader. Only DVD. Seeing as I got the blu Ray, I wanted to ask if anyone has ripped the concerts (the sound)? I'd love to put them on my iPod.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 7, 2016 23:05

with sssoul

It IS Freddie Sessler. Bill German writers about it in his book.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 7, 2016 23:12

LeonidP
corriecas
Swayed1967

jeroen

It is a great song. B-sides don't get played often simply because the artists don't really even remember them. When I've read stories on Stones rehearsing, the talk is they go through "albums" to remember the songs and learn to play them, it seems unlikely that whoever is spinning the albums also is sitting there with a complete list of b-sides to play.

Jump On Top Of Me is great for us as a novelty b-side but Stones sure aren't thinking about it.

But Jump On Top Of Me was rehearsed in January 1999 at Henry J. Kaiser in Oakland.

Date: June 7, 2016 23:58

flairville
slewan
hockenheim95

Hampton 81.
LA Friday.
Tokyo 90.
Leeds 82.
Marquee 71.
Texas 78.
Checkerboard Lounge 81.

And SAL.

Hampton has overdubs (LSTNT, TIOMS and Miss You).

Marquee has heavy splicing of takes (I Got The Blues and Bitch), but the untouched versions were released as well smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-08 00:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: WealthAndTaste ()
Date: June 8, 2016 04:08

Just want to confirm as I have been wondering - the UK blu ray set is indeed region free (or at least plays on my US equipment). Received in great shape from Amazon.uk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-08 04:09 by WealthAndTaste.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home