Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: About the future...
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:00

DandelionPowderman
ouroux58
powerage78
The most worrying for me remains Keith live playing.
But it seems I am the only one...

That's the reason why I've stopped to see them live. I focuse on 60's, 70's and big events like "from the vaults" serie or next "Totally stripped". Mick's Las Vegas clothes, his strange moving like he walked on eggs and his dyed hair (Ronnie too), same show since 2002, for all that I prefer moving down to my basement to listen the golden years!

You certainly were extremely unlucky if you catched the same show as today back in 2002, as they did lots of rarities on the Licks tour smiling smiley

Very true. Licks was probably their best ever tour for varying the setlist. The Stadium-Arena-Club gigs in many of the cities worked very well, although it came with a huge increase in ticket prices sad smiley. I was at the 1st 2 nights of Licks in Boston/Foxboro when we got 22 & 23 songs. They were very adventurous, especially in the early part of that tour and sobered up Ronnie's playing hit new heights, showcased in CYHMR, which I believe made its live debut on thst tour.

It would be silly and unrealistic to expect another setlist that exciting, though Imho, the 2 O2 shows in November 2012 came very close!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-28 22:07 by grzegorz67.

Re: Any rumors of what's next for 2016?
Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:11

They should play North America. NYC = Their home = Mad Sq Garden = $$$

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:13

Stones50

London is their home. How many times do we have to spell this out...
Jeroen

Date: March 28, 2016 22:15

Technically. BuT MSG is their rock n roll/concert home

Date: March 28, 2016 22:35

corriecas
Stones50

Jeroen

Don't bite Jeroen - it's not worth it. He's made the same assertion many,many times over and over. Former poster alhavu1 held remarkably similar views winking smiley. He appears to be unable to distinguish between facts and his own opinion, to which he is, of course, entitled. But it's only a personal opinion - NOT a fact smiling smiley.

Date: March 28, 2016 22:36

grzegorz67
corriecas
Stones50

Jeroen

Don't bite Jeroen - it's not worth it. He's made the same assertion many,many times over and over. Former poster alhavu1 held remarkably similar views winking smiley. He appears to be unable to distinguish between facts and his own opinion, to which he is, of course, entitled. But it's only a personal opinion - NOT a fact smiling smiley.

Don't forget the monikers "mickscarey" and "michaelsavage" smiling smiley

Date: March 28, 2016 23:06

DandelionPowderman

Well thank you for that Mr DPsmiling smiley. I had a look and I do now remember that pair, both long gone and both (repeatedly) expressed similar views. Hmmmmmm. grinning smiley

There is actually a U.S. journalist/political commentator called Michael Savage who has been banned from entering the UK since 2009.

People are entitled to their views, regardless of how much others may disagree with them. But to confuse those personal views with facts is something totally different and it's remarkable the number of people who should know better who can't grasp that.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 23:42

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
But it seems I am the only one thinking this way...
Just my ears... and MUSIC no ?

You're just obsessed with solo guitar playing smiling smiley

You know I'm not.
His rhtyhm playing is too often weak nowadays
Especially Mexico and Cuba concerts.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-28 23:51 by powerage78.

Date: March 28, 2016 23:55

powerage78
DandelionPowderman
powerage78

You know I'm not.

Just pulling your leg, my friend smiling smiley

Date: March 29, 2016 02:20

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
corriecas
Stones50

Jeroen

Why are you taunting me!!!! coward

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 29, 2016 06:29

Stoneage
Yep, were I to see the Stones one last time it wouldn't be for the artistic value but rather for nostalgic reasons. And maybe for the atmosphere around the whole process. One last shot for a Stones junkie so to say...

You would not in the least want new songs from a possible coming studio album adopted in setlists then? Or a suggested major shift in the stock of warhorses (if that is thinkable)? Because such novelties would detract from your sweet and sad private nostalgia last time rendezvous with the Rolling Stones concert experience?!? You would actually have desired what you have criticized instead of obtaining some change? Only that it ought to be a kind of occasion, "Last Waltz" like, announced as such?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 29, 2016 07:06

Of course I would. I would love new songs in the setlist and the rigid warhorse doctrine chrushed once and for all. But I'm trying to stay realistic here. You can't always get what you want, you know...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 29, 2016 07:14

By the way: Give Stones50 a break please!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 29, 2016 08:05

Stoneage
Of course I would. I would love new songs in the setlist and the rigid warhorse doctrine chrushed once and for all. But I'm trying to stay realistic here. You can't always get what you want, you know...

Clearly, I interpreted your earlier post quite wrong then.
( A little less utopian, what I expressed a hope for, in addition to some new songs, is not the complete end of a warhorse doctrine, but a major change in the list of songs that function as warhorses.)

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 10:03

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
DandelionPowderman
powerage78

You know I'm not.

Just pulling your leg, my friend smiling smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:09

I wonder if Mick and Keith read Elton John's recent comments:

"The night before Elton John's big Wiltern show, he's back at the theater to do a small concert for Sirius listeners and a question-and-answer session moderated by Rolling Stone's David Fricke. Elton is at his most charming, slagging on Mick Jagger and Keith Richards for rarely producing new music – `I don't think they like each other very much'—and his aborted effort to hook Jagger up with Burnett. `Mick said, "No, he uses all that old-fashioned equipment,"' says Elton."

From >>> [www.rollingstone.com]

Date: March 29, 2016 11:30

Stones50
DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
corriecas
Stones50

Jeroen

Why are you taunting me!!!! coward

I may be a lot of things, but not that. Taunting, why? Am I not correct?

You have strong opinions, and I respect that (always did, even though I didn't agree with you every time). But why are you hiding behind different monikers?

My email isn't hidden, if you want to tell me more about my supposed cowardly behaviour...

Date: March 29, 2016 17:40

Stop it please! You are making things up and attacking people "behind" the net

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 29, 2016 18:10

Title5Take1

"The night before Elton John's big Wiltern show, he's back at the theater to do a small concert for Sirius listeners and a question-and-answer session moderated by Rolling Stone's David Fricke. Elton is at his most charming, slagging on Mick Jagger and Keith Richards for rarely producing new music – `I don't think they like each other very much'—and his aborted effort to hook Jagger up with Burnett. `Mick said, "No, he uses all that old-fashioned equipment,"' says Elton."

Well I don't know who likes who but I would say that the Stones music would be best served by utilizing "that old-fashioned equipment."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2016 18:52

1cdog
Title5Take1

Well I don't know who likes who but I would say that the Stones music would be best served by utilizing "that old-fashioned equipment."

I would tend to agree, but at this point Mick is probably too stubborn to take advice from anyone but himself - even if deep down he thought it was a great idea.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home