Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: About the future...
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 28, 2016 04:16

Nate
I know for a fact 100% that they were in a studio in London before Christmas working on a new album and we should expect that now this tour is finished they will return to the studio sometime soon to continue working on it.

Nate thumbs up

Keep us informed, Nate. I'm excited about the future. This cannot be the end.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 28, 2016 04:16

As long as they all stay healthy, I don't see any reason why the road show shouldn't continue.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 28, 2016 06:08

Hard to believe the 55th anniversary is just around the corner next year. I fully expect more tour dates. 6 mos. off and a brief fall US tour.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 28, 2016 07:30

I have to admit it would be an interesting end. However, as long as the band stays healthy there will be another show to do.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 28, 2016 07:47

EddieByword
A new album, new stage show (now that the YCAGWYW with choir has done every continent) and a bunch of them in the UK with a major festival - preferably Knebworth..............

"every continent"

Damn! I must have missed the Antarctic show! So near as well!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 28, 2016 07:50

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 28, 2016 11:03

I'd settle for a Crosseyed Heart pt.II solo album from Keith and a mini Stones tour of North America.

Date: March 28, 2016 11:15

Even Mick said they were working in the studio.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 11:36

Next gig has to be UK

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 28, 2016 11:58

"Richards has made no secret of his ambition to get the band back to work on a new album. “I’m trying to get the Stones into the studio,” Richards recently told EW. “But I don’t quite honestly see it happen this year. After we do South America in February and March, I’d love to get in the studio in April. But I know what those guys are like. When they finish a tour, they don’t want to do nothing!”
September, 2015

"Mick Jagger, Keith, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts have been in a studio in London for the last week to record what will be their 30th studio album, and their follow up album from 2005’s A Bigger Bang..."
December, 2015

"ca. 3rd - 16th December: London, Metropolis Studios (unconfirmed). Sessions"
[www.nzentgraf.de]

"We’ve been in the studio, just before Christmas. We were cutting some new tracks, and no doubt when this is all finished, at the end of the Spring, we’ll do some more"
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 28, 2016 12:00

jazzbass

Hard to believe the 55th anniversary is just around the corner next year.

New Tour name: "55 Live" .... winking smiley

Date: March 28, 2016 12:07

"The guys booked in (a London studio) for a few sessions to lay down some tracks written by Mick and Keith. It's very early stuff - just four or five songs at the moment - but the plan is to make a full new album in the New Year"
[www.rttnews.com]

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 28, 2016 12:36

If I may obtain fulfilment of only one more Stones related wish, that wish would be for one more studio album. It is priority no. 1 within my personal wishthinking about the Stones.

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 13:52

swimtothemoon
I have to admit it would be an interesting end. However, as long as the band stays healthy there will be another show to do.

To the next gig. Charge!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 28, 2016 14:29

Stoneage
Was the Cuban Havanna concert finally the last Rolling Stones concert (to paraphrase every Stones press conference)? In a way I think the free concert in Havanna was a very fitting end.
I hear some rumors about a new album but I guess that's only wishful thinking. What do you think? Will this tour continue on another continent? Will there be a new Rolling Stones album?

You seem focused once again on "a fitting end" and also to have an end of the career of the Stones. I belong to those, who don't believe in the idea of a grand goodbye concert. Also I am among those, who see no need for it, but consider some continuation possible. Apart from many of the latter, though, my own view is that a continuation now necessitates a studio album of new material, from which there needs to come new input to the setlists. At least three or four new songs from such an album. To me also preferably a major change in songs that ought to constitute warhorses. However, in that case the Stones may come back to any venue. Maybe even in triumph from also having been able to renew themselves at this late stage of their career.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 28, 2016 16:18

CaptainCorella

It was epic! And the beer was real cold.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 28, 2016 16:25

The end of the Stones' will be when one of them passes. Certainly, there will come a point when they can no-longer continue in the sense that they are currently, but I do believe there will be no 'ending' announcement until we wakeup one morning to read the sad news.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 28, 2016 16:29

Though in his 73rd year, Mick seems to have plenty of energy drive and ambition to keep him driving on.
Jagger films is a more than satisfactory divergence.
His children are/about to be pretty independent.
He's not in an all consuming relationship.
He needs to keep on the move, for tax reasons, if nothing else.
Nobody expects Macca or Dylan to retire any time soon...its hard to think any of his contempories who have called it a day?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 28, 2016 16:30

SomeTorontoGirl
CaptainCorella

And Jumpin' jack Frost and She's so cold, well, bbrrrrrrr.......spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 28, 2016 16:32

CaptainCorella
EddieByword
A new album, new stage show (now that the YCAGWYW with choir has done every continent) and a bunch of them in the UK with a major festival - preferably Knebworth..............

"every continent"

man, and Africa too........how did I miss that...........................it's sooooooo big..................smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-28 16:34 by EddieByword.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 28, 2016 16:37

EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl
CaptainCorella

And Jumpin' jack Frost and She's so cold, well, bbrrrrrrr.......spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yeah, but She Was Hot kept us going til we got some Shelter.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 17:07

jazzbass
Hard to believe the 55th anniversary is just around the corner next year. I fully expect more tour dates. 6 mos. off and a brief fall US tour.
That is amazing. Even more amazing would be if they actually play a few 60TH ANNIVERSARY shows in 6 years. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me as long as they all stay healthy.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 17:19

The most worrying for me remains Keith live playing.
But it seems I am the only one thinking this way...
Just my ears... and MUSIC no ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-28 17:28 by powerage78.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 17:25

I would hope they would do something live around exhibitionism. Chuck is touring with Dave Gilmour in the early Summer and there's no way the Stones will tour without him. The arrival of Ronnie's twins in June will put him out of action for a while too. He'll be off on paternity leave winking smiley I'm still very hopeful of a 40th anniversary of Knebworth show in August. Plenty who were at the original show in 1976 post on here. No UK shows in 3 years is a bit odd too given that they're from here. Remember all the Knebworth rumours last year ?

I wouldn't expect a multi date tour like Ole or Zip Code though unfortunately. It's likely to be a 1-off date or small cluster of dates at close proximity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-28 17:53 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 17:32

powerage78
But it seems I am the only one...

That's the reason why I've stopped to see them live. I focuse on 60's, 70's and big events like "from the vaults" serie or next "Totally stripped". Mick's Las Vegas clothes, his strange moving like he walked on eggs and his dyed hair (Ronnie too), same show since 2002, for all that I prefer moving down to my basement to listen the golden years!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 28, 2016 18:22

ouroux58

That's the reason why I've stopped to see them live. I focuse on 60's, 70's and big events like "from the vaults" serie or next "Totally stripped". Mick's Las Vegas clothes, his strange moving like he walked on eggs and his dyed hair (Ronnie too), same show since 2002, for all that I prefer moving down to my basement to listen the golden years!

Some good points, there. I must admit to veering in the same direction, somewhat. I don’t envisage seeing the Stones in a live setting again. I cannot afford the high ticket prices and, well, I don’t care enough. I still enjoy reading the reviews and viewing clips on YouTube, however. The archive releases are more exciting to me, definitely. Oh, and a new studio-album would be rather nice, thank you very much. thumbs up

Date: March 28, 2016 20:19

ouroux58
powerage78

...or waiting for new stuff. thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 28, 2016 20:37

Yep, were I to see the Stones one last time it wouldn't be for the artistic value but rather for nostalgic reasons. And maybe for the atmosphere around the whole process. One last shot for a Stones junkie so to say...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-28 21:02 by Stoneage.

Date: March 28, 2016 21:08

powerage78
But it seems I am the only one thinking this way...
Just my ears... and MUSIC no ?

You're just obsessed with solo guitar playing smiling smiley

Date: March 28, 2016 21:13

ouroux58
powerage78

You certainly were extremely unlucky if you catched the same show as today back in 2002, as they did lots of rarities on the Licks tour smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home