Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Any rumors of what's next for 2016?
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 23, 2016 02:41

Maybe ask Opie (Dale Skeje...) what his plans are for the rest of the year and next. He's always been extremely nice and talkative in the past when I've approached him, assuming he's not knee deep in work at the moment.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 23, 2016 02:49

Ladykiller
In 2017 will be the 55th Anniversary Tour and a new album will also come out!

It's coming out this year. Pay attention....

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 23, 2016 08:52

Hopefully, no climbing of coconut trees.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 11:19

Exhibitionism : they will put a lot of efforts for it. Then new album sessions and maybe few dates in autumn to promote it, north America. If not no tour and until 2017 we will have to wait

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: March 23, 2016 11:52

georgelicks
No more shows this year, new album in October/November, European Tour summer 2017.

Is this a guess or do you have inside information, georgelicks?

If they do release a new studio album in the Autumn it will be the first time in a long while that they've done so without a tour to promote it.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 23, 2016 12:20

A surprise club show in London to promote Exhibitionism doesn't sound implausible. Imagin the amount of free press. Plus: another recording for a future DVD release. Fingers crossed!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 23, 2016 12:21

mr edward
A surprise club show in London to promote Exhibitionism doesn't sound implausible. Imagin the amount of free press. Plus: another recording for a future DVD release. Fingers crossed!

Or maybe one or two shows in HydePark or Twickenham in May??
Jeroen

Date: March 23, 2016 12:26

corriecas
mr edward

Jeroen

Those shows would require extensive logistics, the full stage set-up and more preparation. I don's see them doing grand scale shows outside of a European tour...

Date: March 23, 2016 12:37

mr edward
corriecas
mr edward

Jeroen

Those shows would require extensive logistics, the full stage set-up and more preparation. I don's see them doing grand scale shows outside of a European tour...

I see what you mean, but... If they manage to pull it off, and Do play a show in the Uk this year,..i will buy you a beer.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-23 12:37 by corriecas.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 23, 2016 12:55

corriecas
mr edward

Jeroen

No sign of any music bookings in Twickenham's calendar - and they are usually very good at letting the locals know what's coming up.

Date: March 23, 2016 13:00

corriecas
mr edward
corriecas
mr edward

Jeroen

I see what you mean, but... If they manage to pull it off, and Do play a show in the Uk this year,..i will buy you a beer.
Jeroen

Deal! smiling smiley

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: March 23, 2016 13:27

buttons67
maybe they will come to scotland again. long time since they have been here.

would love to see them at hampden or murrayfield again, or maybe an indoor gig at a smaller venue.

scotland is an insignificent crappy wee cold country, just south of the artic circle for those that are interested.

Would be great to see them at the Hydro rather than Hampden where the sound is terrible. appreciate tickets would be more expensive but well worth it to see them indoors again.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 16:06

hickorywind
buttons67
maybe they will come to scotland again. long time since they have been here.

would love to see them at hampden or murrayfield again, or maybe an indoor gig at a smaller venue.

scotland is an insignificent crappy wee cold country, just south of the artic circle for those that are interested.

Would be great to see them at the Hydro rather than Hampden where the sound is terrible. appreciate tickets would be more expensive but well worth it to see them indoors again.

I've been to a fair few football games at Hampden (Hearts fan) but never a concert. Is the sound really that bad there ? There ain't a lot of love for it amongst Scotland's football fans of all persuasions, even after it was all done up in the 90s. The Stones played there in 1990 too and it was an absolute dump back then.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 23, 2016 16:17

Hopefully a new album and another US tour.

Date: March 23, 2016 16:19

MingSubu
Hopefully a new album and another European tour.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: March 23, 2016 16:28

I doubt there will be any more shows this year unless they play a couple at Wembley over the summer coinciding with Exhibitionism. They'll finish making the album, bring it out around November and maybe get back on the road next February {although where they go next is anyones guess} good health permitting. But i doubt there'll be any more shows this year. Hope i'm wrong.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 23, 2016 17:04

We dont need rumors now.

We KNOW that they were in studio before Christmas and they will record something after the end of the tour. So no rumors. They have a new album and we don't talk about it. Strange.

Ok, ABB is not their best album but why don't WE talk about the new album and what they can produce?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 23, 2016 17:37

For me, all hopes are on the new album. I really think it is unlikely this one will be a dud, as there will be some hype being the first new studio release in 11 years. After Keith's well-reviewed solo album, I just can't see a lame record coming out. I see something raw and bluesy and not overly rocking, and hopefully with some nice M+K harmonies. Wouldn't that just be perfect? They just need to not try to sound like anything, and just give us some good music. Get with a good producer and give us a solid record. :^) That's all I care about at this point (not that I wouldn't love some more vault releases and anniversary editions, etc).

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 23, 2016 17:55

Tate
For me, all hopes are on the new album. I really think it is unlikely this one will be a dud, as there will be some hype being the first new studio release in 11 years. After Keith's well-reviewed solo album, I just can't see a lame record coming out. I see something raw and bluesy and not overly rocking, and hopefully with some nice M+K harmonies. Wouldn't that just be perfect? They just need to not try to sound like anything, and just give us some good music. Get with a good producer and give us a solid record. :^) That's all I care about at this point (not that I wouldn't love some more vault releases and anniversary editions, etc).

thumbs up

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 18:06

corriecas
Woz
Given the last show is in March 25, I suspect the rumors of a fall/Winter US tour are reasonable. It gives them a six month break,it's consistent with the past (amny Fall US tours, it's after Exhibitionism winds up in London and allows time to finish and release new recordings. The US remains their most lucrative market....Zip Code bypassed the major markets making a three plus year gap since playing the major US cities....making it easy money.....

Fans in the USA have had enough Stones gigs the past years. Europe is next.
Jeroen

Nope, North America for sure

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: March 23, 2016 18:16

Woz, I'll do Europe w you!

Date: March 23, 2016 18:22

Stones50
corriecas
Woz
Given the last show is in March 25, I suspect the rumors of a fall/Winter US tour are reasonable. It gives them a six month break,it's consistent with the past (amny Fall US tours, it's after Exhibitionism winds up in London and allows time to finish and release new recordings. The US remains their most lucrative market....Zip Code bypassed the major markets making a three plus year gap since playing the major US cities....making it easy money.....

Fans in the USA have had enough Stones gigs the past years. Europe is next.
Jeroen

Nope, North America for sure

Nyet Nope, europa !!!

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: March 23, 2016 18:41

How can you be so sure that it will be a new North America leg?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 23, 2016 18:48

More money to be made in the stat3s.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 23, 2016 20:32

I just hope they keep playing as they have been sounding so good of late!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 23, 2016 21:14

Gaetzi
Woz, I'll do Europe w you!

Done deal!

Posted by: ladylou ()
Date: March 24, 2016 03:41

DVD with the shows in 2014/15? any insider info? why their youtube account didnt upload a full song(s) of (some) those shows?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 11:42 by ladylou.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: March 25, 2016 17:00

Rollin92
It would be a bitter pill to swallow if the next shows aren't in the UK

The Stones have certainly played very few shows outside of London in the UK in recent decades.

If you look at the statistics regarding shows in England specifically, outside of London, the figures are remarkable. In the last quarter century, the Stones have played more than twice the number of concerts in the American city of Boston than they have in the whole of England with the exception of the capital city:

Shows performed in England in the last 25 years (excluding London and festival appearances). Population of England excluding London = 44.5 million

4:

Sheffield - 09/07/95
Sheffield - 06/06/99
Manchester - 05/09/03
Sheffield - 27/08/06

Shows performed in Boston, USA in the last 25 years. Population of Boston = 656,000

9:

22/03/99
23/03/99
03/09/02
21/08/05
23/08/05
13/01/06
15/01/06
12/06/13
14/06/13

I understand that any band will perform where they can sell tickets, but surely the Stones could sell out concerts in the following English cities:

Newcastle
Leeds
Manchester
Birmingham
Bristol

Olly.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 25, 2016 18:07

That's cause Boston Rocks! ;-) - DE (from Boston)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 25, 2016 20:41

When it comes to cities in the UK then London is in a league of its own no other city in the UK comes anywhere near London.

Nate thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1311
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home