Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: New Peter Wolf album due next month
Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: March 7, 2016 15:37

The last two albums were just fabulous.Can't wait to hear the new stuff!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 04:44 by bv.

Re: OT - New Peter Wolf CD next month!!!!!
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 7, 2016 15:40

NoPanic
The last two albums were just fabulous.Can't wait to hear the new stuff!

Can't wait only for new Stones album.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2016 15:41

That IS Great!! Hope he will do a show in Amsterdam.
Jeroen

Date: March 7, 2016 15:42

Looking forward to it, but it's a bit weird (I know he's done it before) that he's mixing in old and rather new tracks onto a brand new release.

I think there are nine new originals on this release.

Re: OT - Peter Wolf - "A Cure For Loneliness"
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 7, 2016 15:49

Out April 8.

[www.peterwolf.com]

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: March 7, 2016 15:49

Well,I read that for example Love stinks is a bluegrass version - pretty interesting.I love what he did with "Homework" on the Sleepless Album. I would love to see a Peter Wolf show but I don't think he'll come over to Europe!What a shame!!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 7, 2016 15:56

DandelionPowderman
Looking forward to it, but it's a bit weird (I know he's done it before) that he's mixing in old and rather new tracks onto a brand new release.

I've already got this one on pre-order. Can't wait. Peter's one of the few artists that I will buy an album "sight unseen".

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he has "re-imagined" 'Love Stinks'. Ever since I heard the "new" version of "Homework" off his 'Sleepless' album, I've trusted his (and his bands) judgment completely. I was slightly skeptical when I saw it on the track list (It's long been one of my favorites) but once I heard it... WOW! Although I still love the live version, whenever the song "just pops into my head", it's now the new, studio cut that plays in my brain.

Bring It On Peter!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 7, 2016 15:57

NoPanic
Well,I read that for example Love stinks is a bluegrass version - pretty interesting.I love what he did with "Homework" on the Sleepless Album. I would love to see a Peter Wolf show but I don't think he'll come over to Europe!What a shame!!

I really loved that one, too.

I wonder how he'll do Tragedy this time. Lovely track.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 7, 2016 16:25

Good news! I hope it comes out on vinyl. The bluegrass version of Love Stinks is fantastic! I saw him do that live, and it's better than the original!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-07 17:15 by whitem8.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 7, 2016 17:41

TODAY is his birthday too!
smileys with beer

Solo Tour Dates here:

PETER WOLF TOUR DATES

cool smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 7, 2016 20:05

Good news. Wolf's solo stuff is always quality. His shows fantastic. I don't miss a chance to see him when he plays Chicago, and I just bought tickets for the Park West! gig. Always a good venue.

Thanks for posting.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: March 7, 2016 20:16

Cool, I got to meet him one night in Nashville, it was late one night, I was leaving the 'Mercy Lounge', I think that's where they had the Bobby Key's Memorial show last year, I think he has some ownership of the club ?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 7, 2016 20:45

BamaStone
Cool, I got to meet him one night in Nashville, it was late one night, I was leaving the 'Mercy Lounge', I think that's where they had the Bobby Key's Memorial show last year, I think he has some ownership of the club ?

Yes, I was there Bama, it was a great night at a very cool club. Not sure about the part ownership, though.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 8, 2016 00:18

I heard the latter half of rather generic sounding song on the radio the other day and didn't know who it was until the dj said afterwards "that was something new from Peter Wolf".
Would have paid closer attention had I know from the beginning of the song - but from what I heard it sounded typical/average/run-of-the-mill.

Date: March 8, 2016 01:08

But you said you didn't pay attention....?

Sounds pretty cool to me.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 8, 2016 01:22

DandelionPowderman

Maybe the Stones will do the same. Peter is close wih Mick n Keef, so ....................
Jeroen

Date: March 8, 2016 01:36

Not too weird to take a song you wrote and then do another way that you like better than the original. I think it's cool. He did it last time I saw him live he did the bluegrass version and it was fantastic. I know artists like Lennon said he would have to loved to re-do some of The Beatles stuff on his own. That would have been cool!

Date: March 8, 2016 04:51

whitem8
But you said you didn't pay attention....?

Sounds pretty cool to me.

I said I would have paid closer attention had I known it was something new from Peter Wolf- I had just turned on the radio in my car, so it was kind of like background music.
Will pay full attention the next time I have a chance to listen to it - can't really give a full critique until then.
But again, from what I heard (and not knowing who it was), it didn't grab me as something spectacular - just my opinion.

Date: March 8, 2016 08:52

whitem8
Not too weird to take a song you wrote and then do another way that you like better than the original. I think it's cool. He did it last time I saw him live he did the bluegrass version and it was fantastic. I know artists like Lennon said he would have to loved to re-do some of The Beatles stuff on his own. That would have been cool!

One or two is OK. On this one I think there will be more, including Tragedy from his last album.

Re: OT: New Peter Wolf album due next month
Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 17:48

I cant wait for his new record to drop in April. The "new" song I have been hearing on the radio is Wastin Time which is actually an up tempo version of the original recording Wolf had on his Long Line record from 1996. He had been playing this song live in the up tempo version for a couple years now. He's done the same thing with the blue grass version of Love Stinks.

His website indicates that "Tragedy" is a cover from the 50's/60's and is not an updated version of his Shelby Lynne duet on Midnight Souvenirs.

His live shows are an absolute must attend; I for one will be there at the Park West in May.

Date: March 8, 2016 18:01

<His website indicates that "Tragedy" is a cover from the 50's/60's and is not an updated version of his Shelby Lynne duet on Midnight Souvenirs>

That's good news, kidquick! Thanks thumbs up

Not that I would mind another take on Tragedy, It's an awesome song, but I want as much new material as possible. Looking forward to this one!

Date: March 8, 2016 18:29

The new 'single':

[www.youtube.com]

I like it.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 8, 2016 18:43

thumbs up

Date: March 8, 2016 18:54

Thanks for the link mr_dja.

I love Peter Wolf, but stand by my original impression - nothing earth shattering and typical/average/run-of-the-mill, and I don't mean that in a totally negative way. I love the keyboards though, and sounds like he has a great band behind him. Sounds a bit like a John Mellencamp if you replace Wolf's vocals. Or perhaps a Tom Petty tune. Maybe even a Jagger solo tune....or something of ABB...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 8, 2016 19:00

Poor song thumbs down

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 8, 2016 19:00

Can't wait! Cigar, glass of wine, and a Peter Wolf album always go good together.

Date: March 8, 2016 19:32

You're welcome, Hairball (and any others who hadn't been able to 'listen' to it before hearing it here). I think your original impression is pretty accurate although I'd place it a bit above the "average/run-of-the-mill" level simply because Peter & the band are top notch (that keyboard solo is much fun!). Also I can't disagree with the other artists you suggested that it sounds similar to... I'll just add that (at least as I imagine them in my mind), I'm glad it's Peter singing it as opposed to any of the others, including Mick.

In an effort to cloud the waters further, here's the original version from 1996.

[www.youtube.com]

While I do enjoy both approaches, if forced to choose, I think that I'd probably say that I prefer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 9, 2016 00:42

KRiffhard
Poor song thumbs down

The song is awesome (his original version). This is a new up-tempo version.

Date: March 9, 2016 07:14

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
Poor song thumbs down

The song is awesome (his original version). This is a new up-tempo version.

What do said, thumbs up
Krh not so much

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 25, 2016 22:07

Another new song from Peter Wolf
Peace Of Mind!
[m.youtube.com]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home