Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Joe Walsh & Bad Co.
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 23, 2016 12:19

keefriffhard4life
HonkeyTonkFlash
keefriffhard4life
HonkeyTonkFlash
Is Howard Leese from Heart still with them?

yes he is

Does anybody know why he left Heart? I liked his work with them.

not sure why he left. i know he always felt like a hired gun in heart

Yeah, well Heart was always about Ann and Nancy, which is fine. Today it's a completely different line-up but it's still accepted as Heart. Hmmmm.....If Mick and Keith had a completely different band could they still call it The Rolling Stones? Hmmmmm......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-23 12:34 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 23, 2016 15:28

Howard must be taking a break from "Raiding the Rock Vault" in Vegas. I spilt a drink on his leather pants in a club once...younger, wilder days!smoking smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 23, 2016 18:37

A couple of things...

Yes, Rich Robinson was playing with Bad Company, however Howard played about 80% of the lead guitar parts. That being said, Rich did a real nice slide on "Movin' On"

Ringo on Rocky Mountain Way (LA show), a nice surprise; but is Ringo even capable of playing drums without a second drummer on stage?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 23, 2016 18:51

BluzDude
A couple of things...

Yes, Rich Robinson was playing with Bad Company, however Howard played about 80% of the lead guitar parts. That being said, Rich did a real nice slide on "Movin' On"

Ringo on Rocky Mountain Way (LA show), a nice surprise; but is Ringo even capable of playing drums without a second drummer on stage?

Ringo still plays great drums.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2016 18:58

For what it's worth Bluzdude, Joe had two drummers on stage his entire set, but I get your point

A couple more things...
I think the Forum was the wrong place - too big - it didn't come close to selling out as entire upper sections were tarped off.
I thought 'Bad Company' (really almost Paul Rogers solo band at this point) was better than Joe (who I love) and should have been headlining. Paul Rogers voice is still phenomenal.
A couple tunes from Desolation Angels which I hadn't heard in probably 40 years were a nice surprise and brought back memories of the album and seeing Bad Co. in the same building in '79.
Rich Robinson was good enough - knew his place and didn't overplay - looked like he was having a great time.
When Joe came on, nearly everyone in my section E decided to sit down after the first tune, whereas everyone stood for the entire Bad Co. set.
A couple of his extended 'jams' lost a lot of people (not me), and at the end of several lesser known tunes there was hardly any applause.
He still has a sense of humour. Lifes been good to him.

Great show, should have been in a smaller venue.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 23, 2016 19:08

Hairball
For what it's worth Bluzdude, Joe had two drummers on stage his entire set, but I get your point

A couple more things...
I think the Forum was the wrong place - too big - it didn't come close to selling out as entire upper sections were tarped off.
I thought 'Bad Company' (really almost Paul Rogers solo band at this point) was better than Joe (who I love) and should have been headlining. Paul Rogers voice is still phenomenal.
A couple tunes from Desolation Angels which I hadn't heard in probably 40 years were a nice surprise and brought back memories of the album and seeing Bad Co. in the same building in '79.
Rich Robinson was good enough - knew his place and didn't overplay - looked like he was having a great time.
When Joe came on, nearly everyone in my section E decided to sit down after the first tune, whereas everyone stood for the entire Bad Co. set.
A couple of his extended 'jams' lost a lot of people (not me), and at the end of several lesser known tunes there was hardly any applause.
He still has a sense of humour. Lifes been good to him.

Great show, should have been in a smaller venue.

I almost wish it was billed as the Paul Rogers band, then we would have gotten some Free tunes mixed in.

I was in section B, the crowd was a bit lame, at certain points I was the only one standing; the girl in front of me complained because I clap too loud....I had to remind her it was a rock show

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 24, 2016 06:09

Some good point here, but The Forum since reopening always tarps off a large chunk of seats. It's partially done for sound, and partially so they don't have to sell as many seats. It was the same thing for Neil Young a few months ago. Someone behind me hit me on the shoulder and asked me to sit down. I ignored her. Here's my review:

http://thelosangelesbeat.com/2016/05/reviewed-joe-walsh-bad-company/

Best part of the show: Ringo and meeting Hairball there.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2016 07:14

roller99
Some good point here, but The Forum since reopening always tarps off a large chunk of seats. It's partially done for sound, and partially so they don't have to sell as many seats. It was the same thing for Neil Young a few months ago. Someone behind me hit me on the shoulder and asked me to sit down. I ignored her. Here's my review:

http://thelosangelesbeat.com/2016/05/reviewed-joe-walsh-bad-company/

Best part of the show: Ringo and meeting Hairball there.

Cheers roller - it was a pleasure meeting you as well! thumbs up

Regarding the tarping situation; I'm pretty sure the David Gilmour show last month was packed to the rafters, but I could be wrong.
And Iron Maiden a couple weeks ago also seemed like a full house, but again I could be wrong. I didn't notice any tarps at either show, but maybe it was done to a lesser degree?
I was also at the Neil show a few months ago, but was up front close to stage GA and was focused on the stage and my position the whole time.
With that said, I do recall seeing Steely Dan there about two years ago, and it was half empty - tarped off all the way around upper half of the arena.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: May 25, 2016 07:33

Anyone like the albums with Brian Howe and Robert Hart?

Date: May 25, 2016 08:51

JohnnyBGoode
Anyone like the albums with Brian Howe and Robert Hart?

I like some of the songs from those eras

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home