Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: OT: Joe Walsh & Bad Co.
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 23, 2016 12:19

keefriffhard4life
HonkeyTonkFlash
keefriffhard4life
HonkeyTonkFlash
Is Howard Leese from Heart still with them?

yes he is

Does anybody know why he left Heart? I liked his work with them.

not sure why he left. i know he always felt like a hired gun in heart

Yeah, well Heart was always about Ann and Nancy, which is fine. Today it's a completely different line-up but it's still accepted as Heart. Hmmmm.....If Mick and Keith had a completely different band could they still call it The Rolling Stones? Hmmmmm......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-23 12:34 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 23, 2016 15:28

Howard must be taking a break from "Raiding the Rock Vault" in Vegas. I spilt a drink on his leather pants in a club once...younger, wilder days!smoking smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 23, 2016 18:37

A couple of things...

Yes, Rich Robinson was playing with Bad Company, however Howard played about 80% of the lead guitar parts. That being said, Rich did a real nice slide on "Movin' On"

Ringo on Rocky Mountain Way (LA show), a nice surprise; but is Ringo even capable of playing drums without a second drummer on stage?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 23, 2016 18:51

BluzDude
A couple of things...

Yes, Rich Robinson was playing with Bad Company, however Howard played about 80% of the lead guitar parts. That being said, Rich did a real nice slide on "Movin' On"

Ringo on Rocky Mountain Way (LA show), a nice surprise; but is Ringo even capable of playing drums without a second drummer on stage?

Ringo still plays great drums.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2016 18:58

For what it's worth Bluzdude, Joe had two drummers on stage his entire set, but I get your point

A couple more things...
I think the Forum was the wrong place - too big - it didn't come close to selling out as entire upper sections were tarped off.
I thought 'Bad Company' (really almost Paul Rogers solo band at this point) was better than Joe (who I love) and should have been headlining. Paul Rogers voice is still phenomenal.
A couple tunes from Desolation Angels which I hadn't heard in probably 40 years were a nice surprise and brought back memories of the album and seeing Bad Co. in the same building in '79.
Rich Robinson was good enough - knew his place and didn't overplay - looked like he was having a great time.
When Joe came on, nearly everyone in my section E decided to sit down after the first tune, whereas everyone stood for the entire Bad Co. set.
A couple of his extended 'jams' lost a lot of people (not me), and at the end of several lesser known tunes there was hardly any applause.
He still has a sense of humour. Lifes been good to him.

Great show, should have been in a smaller venue.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 23, 2016 19:08

Hairball
For what it's worth Bluzdude, Joe had two drummers on stage his entire set, but I get your point

A couple more things...
I think the Forum was the wrong place - too big - it didn't come close to selling out as entire upper sections were tarped off.
I thought 'Bad Company' (really almost Paul Rogers solo band at this point) was better than Joe (who I love) and should have been headlining. Paul Rogers voice is still phenomenal.
A couple tunes from Desolation Angels which I hadn't heard in probably 40 years were a nice surprise and brought back memories of the album and seeing Bad Co. in the same building in '79.
Rich Robinson was good enough - knew his place and didn't overplay - looked like he was having a great time.
When Joe came on, nearly everyone in my section E decided to sit down after the first tune, whereas everyone stood for the entire Bad Co. set.
A couple of his extended 'jams' lost a lot of people (not me), and at the end of several lesser known tunes there was hardly any applause.
He still has a sense of humour. Lifes been good to him.

Great show, should have been in a smaller venue.

I almost wish it was billed as the Paul Rogers band, then we would have gotten some Free tunes mixed in.

I was in section B, the crowd was a bit lame, at certain points I was the only one standing; the girl in front of me complained because I clap too loud....I had to remind her it was a rock show

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 24, 2016 06:09

Some good point here, but The Forum since reopening always tarps off a large chunk of seats. It's partially done for sound, and partially so they don't have to sell as many seats. It was the same thing for Neil Young a few months ago. Someone behind me hit me on the shoulder and asked me to sit down. I ignored her. Here's my review:

http://thelosangelesbeat.com/2016/05/reviewed-joe-walsh-bad-company/

Best part of the show: Ringo and meeting Hairball there.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2016 07:14

roller99
Some good point here, but The Forum since reopening always tarps off a large chunk of seats. It's partially done for sound, and partially so they don't have to sell as many seats. It was the same thing for Neil Young a few months ago. Someone behind me hit me on the shoulder and asked me to sit down. I ignored her. Here's my review:

http://thelosangelesbeat.com/2016/05/reviewed-joe-walsh-bad-company/

Best part of the show: Ringo and meeting Hairball there.

Cheers roller - it was a pleasure meeting you as well! thumbs up

Regarding the tarping situation; I'm pretty sure the David Gilmour show last month was packed to the rafters, but I could be wrong.
And Iron Maiden a couple weeks ago also seemed like a full house, but again I could be wrong. I didn't notice any tarps at either show, but maybe it was done to a lesser degree?
I was also at the Neil show a few months ago, but was up front close to stage GA and was focused on the stage and my position the whole time.
With that said, I do recall seeing Steely Dan there about two years ago, and it was half empty - tarped off all the way around upper half of the arena.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: May 25, 2016 07:33

Anyone like the albums with Brian Howe and Robert Hart?

Date: May 25, 2016 08:51

JohnnyBGoode
Anyone like the albums with Brian Howe and Robert Hart?

I like some of the songs from those eras

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home