Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Stripped
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 5, 2016 13:43

Stripped is one of my favorite albums together with the Stripped Companion album.
I´m really looking forward to the rumoured Stipped dvd boxset.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: March 5, 2016 13:50

What I like about this album is that it is different from the other livealbums with the acoustic songs. I played it alot when it came out, but have not listened to it for a while now. But sure will do this weekend cool smiley

The songs that stands out as the best to me is WH, LIB, the spider and the fly and Not fade away. I agree about Keiths guitarplaying on WH. Sure one of the best versions imo..

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: March 5, 2016 14:29

Hello,

Lot of love here for the album: would welcome a few extras. There, you can all sleep well on hearing that news, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 5, 2016 17:19

I have the 'Stripped' CD in my car with no 'Companion'
Just bought Stripped 'Shine A Light' and 'Sweet Virgina' off iTunes to give another listen while I run in the rain.
I'll wait for the rumored new release whatever that may or may not be.

ETA: now I want Zeps 'Fool in the Rain'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-05 17:42 by 35love.

what Stripped should have been!
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 17, 2016 16:37

As i often criticize what I call the highly over-rated Stripped, here's what I think could have been, and should have been:

First off, an actual live acoustic performance, in a small venue, perhaps 1000 people ... similar to the mtv unplugged, sony music studio (not sure of its capacity, guessing at 1000).

No fanfare, informal like atmosphere, laid back, relaxed, just Stones and great music!

No backup singers, leave it to Keith/Ronnie, no sax/horns/'rusty' trombones, etc.

A true acoustic performance, preferably consisting of older songs, something like this perhaps:

Mother's Little Helper
Honest I Do
Tell Me
Little Red Rooster
Play With Fire
Lady Jane
Who's Been Sleeping Here
2000 Man (Kiss made it work!)
No Expectations
Love In Vain
You Better Move On
As Tears Go By
I'm Free
You Got The Silver
Take It Or Leave It
Sittin' On A Fence
Sweet Virginia
Jumping Jack Flash (yes, it could work!)

That would have been historic, epic, something we would never forget!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:31

In the center of the Vegas era the resurrection: Here they are again - The Rolling Stones. Their best official live and live studio recordings ever. The band is fresh and wide awake. The core of R&B. I'm looking forward to the Stripped vault releases in May.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home