Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Song vote for Montevideo
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 16, 2016 09:07

RipThisBone
MingSubu
SEC

Love the poster!

SEC ????? thumbs down

Love the poster too!

Sorry to upset you. Typing on a galaxy tablet. thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 16, 2016 11:26

35love
'Every year, between July and November, groups of southern right whales (Eubalaena Australis) visit the coast of Uruguay.

Thanks 35love - I didn't know that (or bother to google it). I like the poster too,
and Charlotte's animal-centered designs are always nice to see -
but that's not what a southern right whale looks like. Here's a more precise look: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: February 16, 2016 12:00

It's a killer whale / orca, isn't it?

Date: February 16, 2016 12:11

Yup

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 16, 2016 12:45

everwest1
I like the Stones Orca, but it appears there is another official poster for folks might not care for Ms Watts work. I happen to like her poster art and I am happy to see her get another Stones tour poster. fwiw- Her posters seem to be have been snapped up quickly on the Zipper tour and are now reselling at higher prices.

for anyone who may not have seen what is being talked about.

There you go, apparently they can put Great White sharks into a trance and then kill them while they're incapacitated..........top of the ocean foodchain.... [www.bbc.co.uk] ....Imagination for me.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 12:45 by EddieByword.

Posted by: patrykut ()
Date: February 16, 2016 13:02

My vote go for Get Off Of My Cloud, but I think LSTNT will win.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 16, 2016 13:31

EddieByword

There you go, apparently they can put Great White sharks into a trance and then kill them while they're incapacitated..........top of the ocean foodchain.... [www.bbc.co.uk] ....Imagination for me.........

That article wouldn't come up for me, so I am not sure what it says, and I know this is not the place for too much talk... but one of the reasons I like the Stones Orca poster is I think people need to like whales more, and any poster that can further that is OK by me.

I can not believe they still use those ear drum bursting, hearing destroying, mind exploding high intensity sonar testing devices in the ocean... and then they say "we have no idea why, the whales must be sick" when a pod of whales beaches themselves, again, for no apparent reason... they say it is just a coincidence that the sonar testing was going on, again, in the area where the whales beached themselves to get away from the pain caused by the military sonar testing, again.

I have heard it said that it is OK to kill them and why should we care? becasue they are killers... sad smiley ...

so anything, any poster, any person that can warm anyone's heart toward these magnificent creatures is OK by me. Who knows if that is what is going with the poster, but still I like it.

Date: February 16, 2016 13:34

with sssoul
35love
'Every year, between July and November, groups of southern right whales (Eubalaena Australis) visit the coast of Uruguay.

Thanks 35love - I didn't know that (or bother to google it). I like the poster too,
and Charlotte's animal-centered designs are always nice to see -
but that's not what a southern right whale looks like. Here's a more precise look: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Orcas inhabite the waters around uruguay. Not sure which type do though, i'd guess type a.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 13:35 by MingSubu.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 16, 2016 15:15

thrak
At the end of the tour vote song would be : you got me rockin, lstnt, wild horses, doom and gloom. Where are odd songs ?????????? We need to hear something unexpected from time to time.

thumbs up +1

Date: February 16, 2016 15:21

everwest1
EddieByword

That article wouldn't come up for me, so I am not sure what it says, and I know this is not the place for too much talk... but one of the reasons I like the Stones Orca poster is I think people need to like whales more, and any poster that can further that is OK by me.

I can not believe they still use those ear drum bursting, hearing destroying, mind exploding high intensity sonar testing devices in the ocean... and then they say "we have no idea why, the whales must be sick" when a pod of whales beaches themselves, again, for no apparent reason... they say it is just a coincidence that the sonar testing was going on, again, in the area where the whales beached themselves to get away from the pain caused by the military sonar testing, again.

I have heard it said that it is OK to kill them and why should we care? becasue they are killers... sad smiley ...

so anything, any poster, any person that can warm anyone's heart toward these magnificent creatures is OK by me. Who knows if that is what is going with the poster, but still I like it.

A pod of 7 sperm whales beached on the east coast of England last month (+ more in mainland Europe), the first 'idea' was that they had got lost on the shallow North sea and were starving and then 'beached themselves in despair'. I dunno........you would think they'd keep looking 'til the last moment for a route back to the Atlantic, not commit suicide.......they're being autopsied by the civil authorities, no conclusions yet.........

2016 January 9 - February 5 Germany; Netherlands; England. Multiple locations - 29 whales - Multiple strandings around the North Sea of a pod of young males over 27 days and in three countries. .... [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: February 16, 2016 15:31

EddieByword
everwest1
EddieByword

A pod of 7 sperm whales beached on the east coast of England last month (+ more in mainland Europe), the first 'idea' was that they had got lost on the shallow North sea and were starving and then 'beached themselves in despair'. I dunno........you would think they'd keep looking 'til the last moment for a route back to the Atlantic, not commit suicide.......they're being autopsied by the civil authorities, no conclusions yet.........

2016 January 9 - February 5 Germany; Netherlands; England. Multiple locations - 29 whales - Multiple strandings around the North Sea of a pod of young males over 27 days and in three countries. .... [en.wikipedia.org]

I am far from an expert eddie, but 'beached themselves in despair', lost, sick, etc excuses they always offer do not make a lot of sense to me, they never have. And looking into the reports and studies they made seem to show the military grade sonar will do a lot of damage. But I dont want to go too far off topic, I was just offering some ideas about why the Orca on the poster.

Date: February 16, 2016 15:34

My song vote is She's so Cold

Date: February 16, 2016 15:36

everwest1
EddieByword
everwest1
EddieByword

I am far from an expert eddie, but 'beached themselves in despair', lost, sick, etc excuses they always offer do not make a lot of sense to me, they never have. And looking into the reports and studies they made seem to show the military grade sonar will do a lot of damage. But I dont want to go too far off topic, I was just offering some ideas about why the Orca on the poster.

I agree, I heard that and thought, "uhhh? Jackanory, tell us a story" ....(English for more BS).
I agree about the poster too, anything that highlights wildlife with a positive association (in this case, the Stones)......great....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 15:36 by EddieByword.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 16, 2016 16:24

I like them all but voted for She's so Cold. thumbs up

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 16, 2016 18:38

Get Off of My Cloud

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home