Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16
Re: Buenos Aires show-2 La Plata 10-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 13, 2016 02:30

man I have been watching the videos and The Stones seem to get younger when they are on stage.
amazing energy that Mick Keith Ronnie and Charlie have.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 13, 2016 02:52

I still have my mind in Buenos Aires, even if I'm already at home after being at the February 10 concert. I had a blast on the previous night, when I met a lot of old and new friends, and then on the next day I had a nightmare: my ticket was either lost or stolen when I was going to enter into the stadium, but thanks to a very good friend I've managed to get in.

It was my first time seeing the Stones in Argentina and although I already knew it, now I can say it out loud: Argentina is THE place to see them.

Thankfully, it was a very good setlist and there were some mistakes, but overall it was a very warmful concert. I've never seen a crowd as enthusiastic as that night, especially when Keith was introduced by Mick. He was clearly touched by what he saw there and it took him some good two minutes (or maybe 3) until he started to play Slipping Away. Right after this, I was thinking to myself as soon as he took the guitar "please, play Before They Make Me Run", and then he played it, to my delight. Yes, it's a warhorse but it's my favorite Keith song, so I felt like he was playing it to me.

I'm not able to see them again in Argentina tomorrow, but now I'm preparing to go to Montevideo, where it will be a blast again. smiling smiley

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: February 13, 2016 04:23

That's a well balanced meal with that set list.

5 songs from the woody era (about 1/3rd of show almost)

About the same for the Jones and Taylor eras.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: February 13, 2016 04:53

full version Slipping Away: [youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-13 04:56 by tumbled.

Date: February 13, 2016 04:57

Can't you hear me knocking: [www.youtube.com]

Date: February 13, 2016 04:59

Paint it Black from Feb. 10: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: February 13, 2016 05:50

Green Lady. Are any of these shows in Buenos Aires being done as pay per view for Argentina TV? Killer version of MR kudos to the person who recorded that snippet.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 13, 2016 05:56

Cristiano Radtke
I still have my mind in Buenos Aires, even if I'm already at home after being at the February 10 concert. I had a blast on the previous night, when I met a lot of old and new friends, and then on the next day I had a nightmare: my ticket was either lost or stolen when I was going to enter into the stadium, but thanks to a very good friend I've managed to get in.

It was my first time seeing the Stones in Argentina and although I already knew it, now I can say it out loud: Argentina is THE place to see them.

Thankfully, it was a very good setlist and there were some mistakes, but overall it was a very warmful concert. I've never seen a crowd as enthusiastic as that night, especially when Keith was introduced by Mick. He was clearly touched by what he saw there and it took him some good two minutes (or maybe 3) until he started to play Slipping Away. Right after this, I was thinking to myself as soon as he took the guitar "please, play Before They Make Me Run", and then he played it, to my delight. Yes, it's a warhorse but it's my favorite Keith song, so I felt like he was playing it to me.

I'm not able to see them again in Argentina tomorrow, but now I'm preparing to go to Montevideo, where it will be a blast again. smiling smiley

Christiano: Buddha bless ya! Thanks for that nice report - even from here, way over in Europe, one can feel the extraordinary excitement and happiness, the Stones are welcomed with. It brings tears to my eyes every time I see it, be it on periscope or later on YT. And I'm so proud of this band and I'm so happy that you could see them there at this time!

I wish they'ld never stop!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-13 05:58 by waterrats.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 13, 2016 10:25

751st
Green Lady. Are any of these shows in Buenos Aires being done as pay per view for Argentina TV? Killer version of MR kudos to the person who recorded that snippet.

No idea about the pay-per-view. Kudos indeed to "Rock para Todos" (Nelson Sarmiento) who has five really well-shot songs here: Angie, BTMMR, HTW, Out of Control as well as the Rambler snippet already posted:

[www.youtube.com]

If we're lucky he may have more to come.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: February 13, 2016 15:03

Cristiano Radtke

Great Cristiano!!! Nice report. I´m waiting for you in Montevideo!!!

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 13, 2016 16:25

Regarding the false start of IORR/TD. Keith played on his ES 355 and not on the Telecaster during the intro. First I thought he was given the wrong guitar (the Tele) and therefore started playing TD. Are there any explanations?

Incredible footage of Argentinian Stones fans, 10/02/16
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 13, 2016 22:41

This deserves a discussion of its own, as the Stones prepare for what could be their last show in Argentina.

Fantastic crowd footage captured during the Stones' set in La Plata.

[www.youtube.com]

I particularly like the sight of the soft drinks salesman coming up for air at 0:36; a scarlet corporate entity emerging from the heaving mass.

At times during this footage, I struggle to see anybody under the age of 35, with many being a lot younger.

Could you offer your thoughts on any of the following?:

1) Can the band see / hear a crowd this energetic from the stage?

2) Are fans typically this enthusiastic across South America, or not to the same extent in other countries?

3) Does anyone have any information on how much tickets (ones relatively close to the stage from what the footage shows) cost for this show? It seems strange to see so many relatively young people in the crowd when I've read so much about high ticket prices.

Olly.

Re: Incredible footage of Argentinian Stones fans, 10/02/16
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 13, 2016 23:45

Olly

1) Can the band see / hear a crowd this energetic from the stage?

Yes, Mick said numerous times in interviews that fans in Argentina are the craziest and most energetic in the world.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 13, 2016 23:52

Got to be one of the best crowds ever for a stones concert.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 13, 2016 23:54

God, I would LOVE to see just one big rock show in South America. They're SO passionate and full of life. North American crowds are embarrassing in comparison.

Iron Maiden and AC/DC have filmed several concerts down there over the years and the crowd footage is simply jaw-dropping.

Date: February 14, 2016 00:01

Thanks for sharing, Olly. smileys with beer

2) Are fans typically this enthusiastic across South America, or not to the same extent in other countries?

South american fans are enthusiastic about the Stones, but not on this same level, I think.

3) Does anyone have any information on how much tickets (ones relatively close to the stage from what the footage shows) cost for this show? It seems strange to see so many relatively young people in the crowd when I've read so much about high ticket prices.

The average tickets were sold for about US$ 130.00, if I'm not wrong.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 14, 2016 01:12

Those South American crowds are the best. Too bad the Stones haven't been rising to the occasion and delivering a great performance. Maybe show #3 will be the one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-14 01:13 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 14, 2016 01:33

I think the Stones consider Argentina their spiritual SA home. I'd imagine they'd love these audiences every night! makes me quiver just watching via periscope.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 14, 2016 01:45

What's wonderful is to see people living in the moment, and almost no cell phone camera zombies.

That's the "secret" - watch the show and forget about your stupid camera because somebody else is going to film it for you anyway.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 14, 2016 01:51

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley
hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 14, 2016 06:34

If a whole bunch/generation of those fans are in their 20s or younger, they must have become big Stones fans just in the last ten years since the band was last there. They certainly seem familiar with all of the songs, so they must have bought a lot of albums in that time.

Wonder how the sales of the band's back catalog have done in Argentina in the last ten years.

plexi

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: February 19, 2016 03:23

Has anyone found a good sounding version of Can't You Hear Me Knocking from this show, on YouTube or anywhere else online? The only complete version I can find is this one [www.youtube.com] but the audio is muffled. This was one of the best live versions of this song I have heard them perform.

Date: February 19, 2016 19:15

HomerSimpson
Has anyone found a good sounding version of Can't You Hear Me Knocking from this show, on YouTube or anywhere else online? The only complete version I can find is this one [www.youtube.com] but the audio is muffled. This was one of the best live versions of this song I have heard them perform.

This one has a slightly better audio quality:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: February 20, 2016 03:07

Cristiano Radtke
HomerSimpson

This one has a slightly better audio quality:

[www.youtube.com]

Thank you!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home