Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 33
Re: Santiago de Chile 03-Feb-2016 live show updates
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:33

JohnnyBGoode
Naked women don't do it. Loud primal guitars do! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Really??? Both affect me but in different ways. winking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:35

Muchas gracias to all the scopers - having about 90% coverage was a lovely surprise!

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:39

Green Lady
Muchas gracias to all the scopers - having about 90% coverage was a lovely surprise!

I was surprised by the number of scopers! Thanks all. Hopefully Rambler will be on Youtube. It had a great 1st half.

Posted by: Myteem32 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:40

Big thanks to all the scopers....actually, scope-hopping is quite challenging..but worth it, of course!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:43

Thanks to all Scopers tonight. You made many Stones fans happy across the world!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:44

Green Lady

And all the people posting links.........thanks..........smileys with beer

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:45

Chile rocks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 11:55 by everwest1.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:53

Hate to say I totally missed this one tonight I have a few questions for folks who were able to tune in.

1. How was the overall performance? Everybody firing on all cylinders or slow out the gate with a steady warm up?

2. How was She's a Rainbow, Rambler, You Got The Silver and LSTNT?

3. How was Sarah? Did she do a special solo spot on Shelter or was it tamed down a bit from Lisas approach?

4. How was Keith in general? Was he playing well?

5. Were there any notable differences from the Zip code tour performance wise? besides the obvious couple different tunes and Sarah?

6. Finally how was the audience? Argentinian nuts? And did the scope connections stay solid?

Much Thanks!

Date: February 4, 2016 04:54

Juan Jose Diaz Ramirez from Instagram

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 4, 2016 04:57

Muchas gracias to all the scopers tonight and all of you posting links, it never ceases to amaze me how people all over the world nowadays can watch our favorite band play live no matter where they are, truly amazing technology.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:00

Great night, awesome show! Loved the guitars. Since I couldn't be in Chile, periscope and IORR made it fun. Thanks to all you posters. So glad the greatest RnR band is at it again! I missed Happy, Rambler-some way to see them now?

Date: February 4, 2016 05:01

y*a*w*n

3 a.m. Time for bed.

Posted by: paulstones ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:03

it was a great gig indeed! great standards, as usual I might ad.

The news of the night is and are the great team of periscopers that took us all with them down at the Santiago gig!
Again, thank you!
no arm done to the Stones, we'll always be with them!
greetings from Italy!
see ya' in a couple of days

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:05

Green Lady
y*a*w*n

3 a.m. Time for bed.

Sleep tight. Thanks for all the pics, Green Lady!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:10

Some pics and clips :

[www.t13.cl]

Date: February 4, 2016 05:12

More pics here: [www.recital.cl]

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:13

ate to say I totally missed this one tonight I have a few questions for folks who were able to tune in.

1. How was the overall performance? Everybody firing on all cylinders or slow out the gate with a steady warm up? Great energy from the start, potential to be as solid as Zip Code

2. How was She's a Rainbow, Rambler, You Got The Silver and LSTNT? SAR was great with some big guitar clams but still felt great. Solid Chuck and Matt, all the other songs played well, Rambler had super long "say yeah."

3. How was Sarah? Did she do a special solo spot on Shelter or was it tamed down a bit from Lisas approach? She came out great and powerful, a little too many twists on the end of lines toward the end but at the stadium people were thrilled and she raised the bar

4. How was Keith in general? Was he playing well? Yes but the Chuck Berryisms and overall flavored rhythm has been replace by a bluesier solos, power chords and stabs. Working the tone of the guitar and amp more than ever he's more the lead player now while Ronnie is filling much of the funky space. He looked great and agile as did Charlie who was solid as a rock

5. Were there any notable differences from the Zip code tour performance wise? besides the obvious couple different tunes and Sarah? Ronnie has a new Tele, I think Keith played some different Tele's, maybe even replicas of his classics, plus no sign of Sunny

6. Finally how was the audience? Argentinian nuts? And did the scope connections stay solid? Crazy fun, scope is what it is and the broadcasters are heroes but in this late date for the band and all that's available it's a missed opportunity to give the greatest fans in rock a pleasurable, simple experience and broadcast

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:20

Is Ronnie using the Fender Telecaster black and white checkerboard design like he used in The Birds (UK)?

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:24

The Keith set is the same like 2013.
One night he will play before they make me run and the other One it will be happy

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:27

Great show!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 11:53 by everwest1.

Date: February 4, 2016 05:36

RollingStonesRob
Is Ronnie using the Fender Telecaster black and white checkerboard design like he used in The Birds (UK)?
Didn't see it but i did not see every song broadcast. The Tele I was referring to is a butterscotch, perhaps an Esquire single pu but it was not a clear shot. Despite the bad focus I can pretty much say 90% it was a real vintage 50's Fender.

Date: February 4, 2016 05:43

everwest1
crazy fun, scoping is what it is and the broadcasters are heroes but in this late date for the band and all that's available it's a missed opportunity to give the greatest fans in rock a pleasurable, simple experience and broadcast

It is silly that volunteers have to step up and do the heavy lifting and battery buying phone holding and buy a ticket. These scopers are heroes but there is no good reason why the band can not do a little something to make this work better.

It doesn't have to be an official effort, it could be done back door by quietly and cheaply funding some people to travel around to shows and get them in for free and sit them in left upper, right upper and straight away upper (upper because that is where the best signal is and the sound is fine up there).

Set the people up with good quality phones and extendo batteries and maybe a way to clamp the phone onto a rail or something. Then tell the people to act like they are just normal scoping fans aa they broadcast the show like everyone can.

It would cost a pittance 9compared to (other production costs) and would make watching shows a lot more fun than calling out for a MEDIC!! BATTERY DOWN!! NEW SCOPE STAT!!! as we scramble to find another scoper, as one battery after another dies.

All bands could/should do this, why wouldn't they? The technology is in place, it is just a matter of 2-4 people doing it every show. If they have a problem finding anyone who wants to do this, I would do it... but I would be happy to defer to Debbie or Pancho if they want to do it.
Yup a clamp, steady power and a descent spot. Unauthorized if need be but crappy media does no one any good. The Stones are all about quality but technology is slightly ahead of their usual understanding. It is a difficult conundrum for them and their promoters.

Date: February 4, 2016 05:44

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:49

everwest1
crazy fun, scoping is what it is and the broadcasters are heroes but in this late date for the band and all that's available it's a missed opportunity to give the greatest fans in rock a pleasurable, simple experience and broadcast

It is silly that volunteers have to step up and do the heavy lifting and battery buying phone holding and buy a ticket. These scopers are heroes but there is no good reason why the band can not do a little something to make this work better.

It doesn't have to be an official effort, it could be done back door by quietly and cheaply funding some people to travel around to shows and get them in for free and sit them in left upper, right upper and straight away upper (upper because that is where the best signal is and the sound is fine up there).

Set the people up with good quality phones and extendo batteries and maybe a way to clamp the phone onto a rail or something. Then tell the people to act like they are just normal scoping fans aa they broadcast the show like everyone can.

It would cost a pittance (compared to other production costs) and would make watching shows a lot more fun than calling out for a MEDIC!! BATTERY DOWN!! NEW SCOPE STAT!!! as we scramble to find another scoper, as one battery after another dies.

All bands could/should do this, why wouldn't they? The technology is in place, it is just a matter of 2-4 people doing it every show. If they have a problem finding anyone who wants to do this, I would do it... but I would be happy to defer to Debbie or Pancho if they want to do it.

*The Rolling Stones turned me (and a lot of stones fans) on to Periscope.
Waiting to try to get into the Fonda theatre, they tweeted the first link to it that I (and everyone else there)had ever heard of.
They then Posted interviews on it etc..

The fact that they promote the app and have Charlotte broadcast backstage etc is fantastic. If they gave scopers preferred spots etc., even I as hards core as I am would consider watching instead of buying a ticket... winking smiley

I Like bouncing around to the different spots in the venue.. it's kinda fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-04 05:54 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:57

One of my pics from tonight. Midnight Rambler. And yes, that's Chuck under Mick's hand. Have to get up early, more pics to follow.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 4, 2016 05:57

[twitter.com]

Lisa Fischer and Sasha Allen liked your Tweet
34m: @lisafischersing @SashaAllenMusic @GuilleZNK @RollingStones
Sasha,you killed it! Can't wait for more. #FirstNight #HomeRun
Lisa Fischer Sasha Allen

Lisa and Sashe "liked" my tweet.
Love it

Date: February 4, 2016 05:59

latvianinexile
One of my pics from tonight. Midnight Rambler. And yes, that's Chuck under Mick's hand. Have to get up early, more pics to follow.

Awesome pic, as usual! smileys with beer

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 4, 2016 06:07

One more that IMO expresses the atmosphere of the show. Good night!

Date: February 4, 2016 06:08

If they gave scopers preferred spots etc., even I as hards core as I am would consider watching instead of buying a ticket... winking smiley

I Like bouncing around to the different spots in the venue.. it's kinda fun.[/quote] they could black it out on the continents where the shows are played. Your point is well taken although I doubt there'd be a noticeable impact, for promoters, performers this is an interesting dilemma . Is it better to have a poor broadcast than a controlled one? Sadly I believe the answer may become a total blackout instead.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: February 4, 2016 06:08

How did Sarah sound on GS?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home