Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 11, 2016 03:31

[email protected]
So did plans change with them adding the second weekend?
I am wondering would they really play Vegas in the middle of the week?
Wouldn't they need to play Vegas if at all 10/21 and then make their way wherever?

Being scheduled for the 7th and the 14th, it would seem fairly easy for them to play a Vegas (or other area) gig on the 10th or 11th.

But after the festivals would seem more likely.
I'm betting on two shows per venue (much like this one) on their next tour.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 11, 2016 05:34

Hairball
I wonder if anything has materialized out of this?
Maybe a show or two between the Desert Trip weekends? Or a few shows after?

From Feb 24th, Las Vegas Sun
Are The Rolling Stones headed to the Las Vegas Strip?

Are The Rolling Stones headed to the Las Vegas Strip?

"Is Britain’s longest-reigning rock group headed to the Las Vegas Strip? I can reliably confirm that initial discussions have been held for The Rolling Stones to play the new T-Mobile Arena before year’s end".

"AEG officials from Las Vegas flew to Rio de Janeiro last week to talk with the band about the possible Las Vegas dates".

"After the rock icons’ concerts (in South America), the discussions about a fall weekend of two, possibly three shows at T-Mobile Arena would become “very serious.” I was told that Mick and his three compatriots are “very open” to playing Las Vegas before year’s end and that AEG and MGM Resorts International, who run the concert bookings here, are ”ready to turn penciled dates into inked ones.”'

This is on their possibilities as is NYC.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 11, 2016 07:45

[email protected]
I am wondering would they really play Vegas in the middle of the week?

It would be a first.

Date: May 11, 2016 13:07

I agree- it would leave only 10/21-10/22 as a logical choice.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 11, 2016 13:50

rumours ,rumours rumours do unto rumours what you do to your self ,your self saxophone players do unto rumours what you do to your self guitar solo Rocking Ronnie Wood

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 11, 2016 17:18

They should just schedule a LA midweek stadium gig with Bob Dylan. Since demand was so high, it should nullify the radius clause.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 11, 2016 20:36

I wqould love if they broadcast this on pay per view

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: May 12, 2016 01:25

Gonna be a great year for stones fans new album and tour the stones are on fire again .. Can't wait to find out tour schedule if they go to Boston I will be there buffalo last yr was awesome

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 12, 2016 01:53

StonesNYc
This tour started in the fall of 2012. Almost 4 years of the same shows. As long as people willing to hand over $300 a seat we can call this the Never Ending Tour.

I wish it were true that this will never end. Be thankful for every show!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 12, 2016 02:07

StonedInTokyo

I wish it were true that this will never end. Be thankful for every show!
smileys with beerthumbs updrinking smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 12, 2016 05:27

Back to Toronto!!!!!

Date: May 12, 2016 13:46

Dave from Dayton is hoping for Cleveland or Cinci but I told him forget it.
Is anyone just kind of sitting around waiting for the dates to be announced?

Was supposed to go on a cruise but with the tour coming this takes priority.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: May 12, 2016 18:30

[email protected]
Dave from Dayton is hoping for Cleveland or Cinci but I told him forget it.
Is anyone just kind of sitting around waiting for the dates to be announced?

Was supposed to go on a cruise but with the tour coming this takes priority.
I'm going to Mongolia in June so have a friend on standby in case ticket sales open up for shows. At least I have Desert Trip confirmed / that's gonna be rigorous.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 12, 2016 19:37

More Hot Rocks
Back to Toronto!!!!!

Screw Toronto, we need em to come to vancouver! cool smiley

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 12, 2016 20:47

Hard to believe that two of the larger markets in the US have not seen a Stones show in over 10 years. Seattle and Denver.

Date: May 12, 2016 21:32

Hound Dog
Hard to believe that two of the larger markets in the US have not seen a Stones show in over 10 years. Seattle and Denver.

Maybe we get a "Mountain Trip" three day event!

Saying now $150,000,000 total sales.

Bands get 7 to 9 mil each

Money talks.. Why not this same line up another location? It would sell just as fast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-12 21:32 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 12, 2016 21:37

Hound Dog
As well as Vancouver BC...

I still think the northwest gets a show or two this tour despite the east coast only rumors...

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: May 12, 2016 22:09

I would have almost no interest in going to see this Coachella thing even if it came to my town. It's cool the promoters pulled this off but at this point, a few arena Stones shows is all I'm hoping for this fall. Dylan: never want to see him again. The Who: Saw them w the Ox, I passed when they came through Denver a few months ago. McCartney: Would def like to see him again, he puts on an amazing show. Neil Young: Have seen him various times in various line ups including Crazy Horse. Love his music and he still performs at a high level but minimal interest. Roger Waters: Have never been a Floyd fan, no interest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-12 22:10 by Gaetzi.

Re: Stones 2016 tour rumors - North America etc
Posted by: swaff ()
Date: May 12, 2016 23:00

Better Oakland, than San Jose.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 12, 2016 23:39

No more festivals for me, SARSfest pretty much did me in, by thirst, fraud, heatstroke and drama.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 13, 2016 00:09

tumbled
No more festivals for me, SARSfest pretty much did me in, by thirst, fraud, heatstroke and drama.

Me too... Stones at Slane Castle 2007. Been there, done that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-13 00:10 by custom55.

Date: May 13, 2016 00:26

custom55
tumbled

That was a nightmare. Mudbath!

Posted by: Gottheblues ()
Date: May 13, 2016 00:54

I was also at Slane 2007 and the mud was unreal! I'm looking forward to a comfy seat at the Boston Garden in the fall!

Date: May 13, 2016 02:25

Gottheblues
I was also at Slane 2007 and the mud was unreal! I'm looking forward to a comfy seat at the Boston Garden in the fall!

The gigs in the point depot were brilliant shows....

Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: johna ()
Date: May 13, 2016 04:44

Stones50
RockinJive
Stones50
Well they should. It's their home! Esp NYC! Mad Sq Garden!

Why is NYC their home? Nothing special about their fans there. I've been to MSG for a show. lame crowd. I've see better crows in Hershey, PA. besides Toronto in their home in N America.

You could not be more wrong. I've been at EVERY MS Garden show since 1969. And the audience is fantastic.

So you literally got yer ya ya's out. it is awesome that you got to see them in New York at that time. i got to see them at Shea in NY in 1981. the only show i went to at The Garden was Led Zeppelin in 1977.
i'm still feeling blessed because i was able to see them twice in two years. up in Anaheim in May 2013 then again last Memorial Day weekend at PetCo here in San Diego.
sorry about the length of this post. just wanted to say i love NY :-)
peace,
john - in Oceanside, Ca.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 13, 2016 10:41

They sprayed us with firehoses to cool us off at Toronto Sarsfest and water ran out. A seat I bought did not exist and the shuttle bus disappeared on return. Fraudulent ticket sales. Still good to see friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-13 10:45 by tumbled.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 13, 2016 13:29

Paddy
custom55
tumbled

That was a nightmare. Mudbath!

Ain't that the truth! But I sat behind Angela Richards and she was a sweetheart to chat with.

Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: May 13, 2016 15:45

johna
Stones50
RockinJive
Stones50
Well they should. It's their home! Esp NYC! Mad Sq Garden!

Why is NYC their home? Nothing special about their fans there. I've been to MSG for a show. lame crowd. I've see better crows in Hershey, PA. besides Toronto in their home in N America.

You could not be more wrong. I've been at EVERY MS Garden show since 1969. And the audience is fantastic.

So you literally got yer ya ya's out. it is awesome that you got to see them in New York at that time. i got to see them at Shea in NY in 1981. the only show i went to at The Garden was Led Zeppelin in 1977.
i'm still feeling blessed because i was able to see them twice in two years. up in Anaheim in May 2013 then again last Memorial Day weekend at PetCo here in San Diego.
sorry about the length of this post. just wanted to say i love NY :-)
peace,
john - in Oceanside, Ca.

John - Maybe you saw them at Shea in 1989. They played two shows at MSG in 1981 the week after 3 in NJ Brendan Byrne Arena. My first was MSG 1972. Most recent were SD, Pitt and KC in 2015, with about 90 others in between, including all MSG shows from 1975 onward. Expecting MSG in 2016.

HBK

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 13, 2016 22:40

I really cant see the new lp finished by October. But if they are going to Ca then maybe it is. But why do 6 other dates and not 15, maybe they will and arent saying.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 13, 2016 22:56

babyblue
I really cant see the new lp finished by October. But if they are going to Ca then maybe it is. But why do 6 other dates and not 15, maybe they will and arent saying.

Well is your opinion based on what you 'think' they have finished on it thus far and what you 'think' they have done? Or what you presume is the case .. (just asking).

Truth is.. none of us know how much material they have.. How many songs they have completed and recorded or ready to record or when and where or
to what degree they have been working on it. We will find out well <after> the album is released the amount of time and places the album was worked on.

Sure.. it <seems> as though they have not spent much time on it or that they could not have the material or time to work on it but in reality ..

They could have another month or so to record what they have. As well as another month to mix it if needed. They could of easily worked on it for a few weeks on and off after the tour (during April .. when they were all back in London together around the time of Exhibition).

I realize this may seem as if of cutting it close.. but it looks as if they have a lock on it much more than any of us know. They already worked on it at least once or twice and they could work on it another five or six weeks and have a month to mix it and at that rate it could come out in October and be completely finished by early August. Just saying..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home