Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 77
Re: Stones 2016 tour rumors - North America etc
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 2, 2016 14:16

mtaylor
bye bye johnny
October

[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com] - Bob Dylan - October
[www.facebook.com] - Waters - October
[www.facebook.com] - Macca - October

And The Who: [facebook.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 2, 2016 14:26

Yes. And Roger Daltrey had previously confirmed they'd be playing.

[www.torontosun.com]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 2, 2016 14:50

Stones added October w. all Down the Line to their FB.

Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 2, 2016 17:42

Sounds like this is really going to happen:

[www.brooklynvegan.com]

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 18:30

Americans getting all the good stuff again eye rolling smiley, whilst we sit here in the UK waiting patiently for Stones and Macca to return. It takes the biscuit sometimes!

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 2, 2016 18:39

Rollin92
Americans getting all the good stuff again eye rolling smiley, whilst we sit here in the UK waiting patiently for Stones and Macca to return. It takes the biscuit sometimes!

Come on over! We (and The Stones) will be happy to see you.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: May 2, 2016 18:55

Good to see this as a sticky! Looks like the fall tour is on.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 2, 2016 19:40

Got my room booked for the duration and can not wait.

Cherry on top?
What undoubtably will be yet another Rolling Stones North American tour.

Blessed.

Date: May 2, 2016 20:21

MisterDDDD

Cherry on top?

Blessed.

What are the dates?

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: May 2, 2016 20:25

So annoyed another US Tour all we get is a museum

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 2, 2016 21:58

The money is in the States right now, Europe didn't sell so well the last time and the economy is not much better now than 2 years ago.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 2, 2016 22:05

georgelicks
The money is in the States right now, Europe didn't sell so well the last time and the economy is not much better now than 2 years ago.

Didn't most show sell out within hours??

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 22:06

georgelicks

Just remembered the IORR news entries:

Mar 24: Rolling Stones shows in Germany sell out in minutes
Mar 28: The Rolling Stones shows in Norway, Sweden and France sold out in minutes this morning

All concerts I have been to looked sold out if not overcrowded. smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 2, 2016 23:30

Stonesfan2146
georgelicks

Mar 28: The Rolling Stones shows in Norway, Sweden and France sold out in minutes this morning

Same with Denmark. Sold out same day.

US - remains unsold till event-day.
Only sold with huge drop in prices and relocation of tickets from the cheap ones to FOS. Else FOS is empty.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2016 01:31

mtaylor
Stonesfan2146
georgelicks

Only sold with huge drop in prices and relocation of tickets from the cheap ones to FOS. Else FOS is empty.

Generally speaking, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Stones tickets for European shows cost much less than what they sell for in the States?
From my experience (and memory) during the Licks and ABB tours, that seemed to be the case. If so, that would help explain the quicker sell outs.
But even with the cheaper prices, perhaps the Stones still don't make as much money as they do in the States - whether the Stateside shows sell well or not.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 3, 2016 01:52

MisterDDDD

Cherry on top?

Blessed.

Very very sad , for European Fans, the States seem to get another Tour.
High time for some European/UK gigs.
Jeroen

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 3, 2016 02:59

So come on over. It seems the Stones only tour Europe now in the Summer. Things look really good for a Euro Tour in Summer '17.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 3, 2016 04:01

Neil Young: [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 07:28

mtaylor
Stonesfan2146
georgelicks

. Yes, and Circo Massimo too....in 15 minutes it was sold out, 70.000 tickets, and they could have sold 100.000..... The difference is only the average price, in the U.S. I think it's higher

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 3, 2016 08:42

Pinkpop and Werchter Belgium sold out in minutes.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 3, 2016 12:54

The Paris VIP tickets were the hardest tix to get I've ever seen, even harder than the tongue at the O2! Having said that they were a total "bargain" compared to the tix at the US shows. I'm sure Wikipedia has the grosses for the 2012/2015 tours but Paris with its 75000 attendance must have done pretty well.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 3, 2016 15:40

Classic rock music festival announcement inching closer

Bruce Fessier, The Desert Sun May 2, 2016

Marc Seliger/AP

The biggest buzz at Stagecoach this weekend was the speculation that a mega-music festival was coming to the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio in October.

The buzz two weeks earlier, on the opening day of Coachella, was of similar speculation about a three-day event featuring the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, The Who, Neil Young and Roger Waters of Pink Floyd.

Now there’s a video promotion including the Rolling Stones playing “Brown Sugar,” Dylan singing “All Along the Watchtower” and McCartney singing “Hey Jude.” Bands are saying it’s no longer mere speculation. Sources are saying the event is happening Oct. 7-9 at the Empire Polo Club.

There can be no official confirmation until some details are worked out. There still isn’t a catchy name for the festival. At this point, there probably won’t be one. But the Goldenvoice producers should probably think about that if they don’t want it to be called “Oldchella” or “Agecoach,” as some people are already calling it.

The official announcement is expected to come shortly and tickets historically go on sale within a week of the announcement. And a special sale just for Coachella Valley residents is expected after all those tickets inevitably sell out, as has been the norm the past few years for Coachella and Stagecoach passes.

Goldenvoice president Paul Tollett is not yet willing to go on the record about this October show, but I can tell you he was a much happier man this past weekend than he was the day the rumors of the festival first broke.

Tollett spent Saturday in his trailer on Stagecoach grounds with his parents, and reminisced about when they came to the Coachella Valley when Paul was a kid. Now, here he is, said to be hard at work bringing the biggest music festival of this century to Indio.He’s proud of what he’s been able to accomplish in the Coachella Valley. He has a home in Indio. His brother, Perry, has a home in Indian Wells. His vice president, Skip Paige, has a home in Indio and has become so devoted to the local Academy of Musical Performance, he was watching its teenage alumni perform at the Half-Pint Hootenanny Saturday instead of enjoying more prominent Stagecoach performers. The AMP has generated so much interest, its auditions this Saturday at Indio High School are sold out.

Tollett was dejected when the Los Angeles Times broke rumors of the fall festival on the first day of Coachella. Sources told me Tollett was still in negotiations and, when the story went viral, two bands dropped out. They didn’t want their own tours overshadowed by a one-off.

Beyond that, he seemed devastated that the story of his possible October festival was usurping Coachella. He had worked for years trying to reunite LCD Soundsystem and the original Guns N’ Roses and now their impending performances weren’t even the biggest music story of the weekend.

He obviously didn't want that to happen with Stagecoach. Tollett and his Goldenvoice staff had invented this country music festival as a way to retain their lease on the Empire Polo Club. The landlord discovered he could generate more income from the property by developing it, so Tollett had to find a way to come up with more revenue to share just to keep Coachella on the grass.

Then Stagecoach blossomed into this historic entity in its own right. In 10 years, it has changed the definition of what country music is and what it can include, and the public, as well as the country industry, has embraced it. The Academy of Country Music recently named Stagecoach its festival of the year.

Tollett isn’t big on celebrating anniversary milestones, but his former assistant, Stacy Vee, booked the last two Stagecoach festivals and this weekend’s event was looking remarkable. Audiences were embracing hip-hop by Snoop Dogg during the Sam Hunt set, EDM with DJ Hish, blues-based country by Chris Stapleton, classic bluegrass with Jerry Douglas and the Earls of Leicester, urban cowboy music by Johnny Lee, jazz improvisations by the Marshall Tucker Band, and a whole lot of classic rock in performances by John Fogerty and the Doobie Brothers, and covers by the likes of Luke Bryan, Little Big Town and Carrie Underwood. Both Bryan and Chris Young covered Marvin Gaye’s R&B classic, “Let’s Get It On.”

So now Tollett is apparently waiting until after the Stagecoach post-mortem discussion to switch attention to the next big thing.

When the city of Indio began pressuring Tollett to produce a fall festival, he had to be thinking, what could he do to top Coachella? That first-born offspring had been named Pollstar’s festival of the year for nine of the past 10 years. Tollett has a deep appreciation for music history. It’s no coincidence that his cuisine curator for Coachella, Nic Adler, is the son of Monterey Pop Festival co-founder Lou Adler. So, when he decided to create something of his own rather than import somebody else’s existing festival, he opened the door to doing something historical.

Tollett has told me he’s wanted to present Dylan and the Stones at the Empire Polo Club for years. McCartney and Waters presented two of the greatest shows in Coachella history in 2008 and 2009, helping to expand Coachella from a niche festival of indie rock, hip-hop and EDM into something more. The Who and Neil Young have never played Coachella, but The Who had a successful gig at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden just more than a decade ago. Young is a California resident who is still writing and recording material as vital as the songs he was creating 50 years ago.

The common thread between these six artists is the fact that they're all vital rock stars from the ’60s. They don't do nostalgia shows and neither does Tollett. So the common thread between the artists and the promoter is the gravitational pull of the desert setting that makes Coachella so special.

The Stones have had several magical moments of their own in this desert, especially in Joshua Tree National Park, where Keith Richards bonded with Gram Parsons in 1969. Jagger wrote in the 1971 Stones song, “Sweet Virginia,” “Yes, I got the desert in my toenail.”

I think the Stones want the opportunity to experience the magic of performing in the desert without the sacrifices of being part of a festival. I know from talking to members of U2 and Queen that playing festivals often mean time and production restraints. But Tollett showed he'll make accommodations for his big stars when he allowed McCartney to go way over curfew in 2009. And having a trailer near Dylan’s can’t be considered a sacrifice.

There may be some conversation about the all-white lineup. There are certainly some black, Latin and female legends from the 1960s that are still creative and touring, such as Stevie Wonder, Carlos Santana and Diana Ross (who would certainly create a buzz by reuniting with the Supremes). Eric Clapton and Paul Simon also are bona fide ’60s legends who still tour. But limiting the number of legends to six would help keep ticket prices below the wild prices being speculated.

The most critical key to this festival is, all of the artists had to be available in early October. For all the Alice in Wonderland fantasies about a festival like this, the reality is, polo fields need to be reseeded. And October is reseeding season. You can’t have an outdoor festival in the summer in this desert, so that means early October was the only window of opportunity for this dream festival. And with temperatures usually in the 100s in early October, two sets per night is the only viable possibility for a tolerable show.

The fact that we’ve gotten this far in the process of negotiating such a spectacular show is nothing short of amazing.

[www.desertsun.com]

Posted by: folon ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:06

Desert Trip Announced! Stones, Dylan, Macca & More…
[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 17:07 by folon.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:07

Seems that the stones will announce this desert gig this afternoon.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:11

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:12

Prices:

[home.deserttrip.com]

Topping out at $1,599 + fees for 3-day tix. Only single-day options are for GA.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:16

Code of Conduct:

Very Civilized, Indeed!

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:24

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:29

Yikes! A reserved seating festival? No thanks.

My fall schedule is still open for the Stones tour, but this "festival" doesn't seem like the concert to end it all in reality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 17:34 by bbeliko.

Date: May 3, 2016 18:06

This all sounds great and looks like a ton of fun. But not my gig. Looking at pictures from the past events people are slammed in nuts to butts. Hopefully the Stones do other shows. The Coachella Festival looks like a huge hassel to me.

BV can you please tell us if there will be more shows. If not Ill do this one. But have no desire to if they play other dates.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home