Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 77
Re: Stones 2016 tour rumors - North America etc
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 15, 2016 13:53

Exile
US is where the $$ is

one of the best audiences for the Stones are in the UK,Holland and South america.
They just visited South america, USA has had their fair share of Stones concerts. So..now its time for the UK, and Europe !!

Come on Stones, Lets rock the UK, and Europe after that.
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 13:54 by corriecas.

Re: ANY NEWS ON THE NEXT STONES TOUR LATER THIS YEAR
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 15, 2016 13:59

TheGreek
Monsoon Ragoon
African Tour booked, mid June till September
followed by the Southeast Asia tour ,hello Saigon !

Saigon would be great but the stadium here would collapse at the opening chord. Now, perhaps 5 nights at the Opera House would be possible. Maybe do a small show at RMIT where Dylan played in 2010.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 15, 2016 16:44

Contrast with Stones audiences- San Diego for the Zip Code tour opener- I had a 65 year old doctor basically demand me and my lady sit down because his wife couldn't see and they didn't pay $XXX dollars to look at our backs. Buenos Aires: there are no words but we were literally lifted off our feet as the swell of people pushed forward during Start Me UP. There were no seats and I couldn't have sat down, moved or even put my hands in my pockets if I wanted to. It was total chaos. Beautiful chaos, but totally insane. Average age maybe 30-35? TONS of younger kids aged 20-25..

But that's what happens in the States these days for these kinds of shows (Clapton, McCartney, Stones, etc) The crowd is much older, tickets are much more expensive and it becomes a date night w the wife, a thing to tell your friends you did. It is what it is.

But at the end of the day, yes, it's about $ and how many people they can get to fill arenas across the country over the course of ~15 shows. It makes logistical as well as financial sense to tour the States again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 16:46 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 15, 2016 18:38

Gaetzi
Contrast with Stones audiences- San Diego for the Zip Code tour opener- I had a 65 year old doctor basically demand me and my lady sit down because his wife couldn't see and they didn't pay $XXX dollars to look at our backs. Buenos Aires: there are no words but we were literally lifted off our feet as the swell of people pushed forward during Start Me UP. There were no seats and I couldn't have sat down, moved or even put my hands in my pockets if I wanted to. It was total chaos. Beautiful chaos, but totally insane. Average age maybe 30-35? TONS of younger kids aged 20-25..

But that's what happens in the States these days for these kinds of shows (Clapton, McCartney, Stones, etc) The crowd is much older, tickets are much more expensive and it becomes a date night w the wife, a thing to tell your friends you did. It is what it is.

*San Diego Zip crowd was a trip, but then I don't get out much.
The complete irony for me: I literally had been waiting 35 years to see the RS and so deep my affliction it had to be as close as I could get/ no disposable income here in my house/we paid, mofo, we paid
2 hours only, 2 hours!
And the 4 people to my right, in 13th row on the floor,
leave while the RS are on stage to get beer. Sold from a stall somewhere.
And they were gone for a LONG time.
I liked the dude I was sitting next to tho (one of the 4 that left)
he was CA cool/ alright with me (in case he's reading, serious tho)
Just- ironic.

Date: April 15, 2016 18:57

Since we're talking San Diego.. We had someone die on us just before Gary Clarke Jr hit the stage.. This grizzled, So-Cal burn out looking guy comes down and sits next to me and my girlfriend. Proceeds to tell us he bought his wife and daughter tickets in the 2nd level, told them he bought himself a cheap ticket in the nosebleeds when in fact he spent $500 on a seat in the outfield, a section over to the right from the runway (if you don't believe in karma, you should after this!). Anyway, about 10 minutes later he slumps over onto my girlfriend, out cold, right onto her shoulder. we thought he just passed out but there was an EMT two rows behind us that hopped in, checked his pulse and he didn't have one. Madness ensues as he's pounding on this guy's chest trying to restart his heart, slapping him in his face to revive him, etc. the real EMTs and police finally show up, move chairs over and are finally able to revive him with a defribulator so we did see him leaving the field alive. This is literally all happening right next to us, as Gary Clarke Jr is now playing his set. @#$%& up stuff. God bless my girlfriend, she was able to shake it off and still enjoy her first and only Stones show.

Sorry for the off topic post but figured I'd share

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 18:59 by Gaetzi.

Date: April 15, 2016 19:14

Gaetzi
Since we're talking San Diego.. We had someone die on us just before Gary Clarke Jr hit the stage.. This grizzled, So-Cal burn out looking guy comes down and sits next to me and my girlfriend. Proceeds to tell us he bought his wife and daughter tickets in the 2nd level, told them he bought himself a cheap ticket in the nosebleeds when in fact he spent $500 on a seat in the outfield, a section over to the right from the runway (if you don't believe in karma, you should after this!). Anyway, about 10 minutes later he slumps over onto my girlfriend, out cold, right onto her shoulder. we thought he just passed out but there was an EMT two rows behind us that hopped in, checked his pulse and he didn't have one. Madness ensues as he's pounding on this guy's chest trying to restart his heart, slapping him in his face to revive him, etc. the real EMTs and police finally show up, move chairs over and are finally able to revive him with a defribulator so we did see him leaving the field alive. This is literally all happening right next to us, as Gary Clarke Jr is now playing his set. @#$%& up stuff. God bless my girlfriend, she was able to shake it off and still enjoy her first and only Stones show.

*OMG. I am laughing, but OMG. Still laughing. Only cuz I've been thru my own Stones hell. Ah the great highs and the lows.
Hope they somehow can make it to CA again. smileys with beer

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 15, 2016 20:22

Gaetzi

I was there....TRUTH! That was weird!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 15, 2016 21:32

October 6, California will be the kick off date.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 15, 2016 21:54

[www.latimes.com]

Organizers of the Coachella Valley Music & Art festival are looking to book Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Neil Young and Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters -- all Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees — Oct. 7-9 at the Empire Polo Field site in Indio, The Times has learned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 21:55 by OneHourPhoto.

Stones at Coachella, Oct. 7? - LA Times
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 15, 2016 22:00

per LA Times [www.latimes.com]:

Organizers of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival are looking to book Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Neil Young and Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters -- all Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees -- Oct. 7-9 at the Empire Polo Field site in Indio, The Times has learned.

Under the tentative plans, Dylan and the Stones would play back to back on Oct. 7 to open the new festival. They would be followed on Oct. 8 by Neil Young and the Promise of the Real band that has been on tour with him for the last two years, and McCartney and his touring band.

The event would conclude on Oct. 9 with the Who and ex-Pink Floyd bassist, songwriter and singer Waters.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 15, 2016 22:14

P.S. One word: Booking.com. Reserve room now, and free cancellation.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 15, 2016 23:02

DeanGoodman
P.S. One word: Booking.com. Reserve room now, and free cancellation.

Rite on Dean. Will book this weekend!

Date: April 15, 2016 23:06

Looks like the fall tour is ON!

Date: April 15, 2016 23:30

Royal Plaza Inn booked Oct 7-9!!!!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 15, 2016 23:38

Hmmm...

I wonder if the Stones will open for Dylan or will Dylan open for the Stones?

Feel free to (non-violently) discuss among yourselves...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 15, 2016 23:46

I havent been on here for a bit, so back to North America, so what are they promoting. when is the new cd coming? Someone please fill me in thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 23:47 by babyblue.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 15, 2016 23:52

mr_dja
Hmmm...

Peace,
Mr DJA

He already opened for the Stones in 1995 and 1998, so I think it wouldn't be hard for him to open once more again.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 00:01

OK, not going to keep quiet on this any more. Remember me, the guy who broke the news about The Fonda gig? I'm not keeping quiet any more because, well, screw the promoter. The Stones are not only going to tour the east coast in late 2016, the rumors of them playing Coachella here in CA were not just rumors. I have this straight from the inside that there is an east coast tour happening.

Stones in CA in October

Date: April 16, 2016 00:09

Remember, you heard it here first. The Stones will definitely be touring in late 2016 on the east coast of the USA. 10 bucks says Coachella in October will be the warm up gig.

Date: April 16, 2016 00:11

roller99
OK, not going to keep quiet on this any more. Remember me, the guy who broke the news about The Fonda gig? I'm not keeping quiet any more because, well, screw the promoter. The Stones are not only going to tour the east coast in late 2016, the rumors of them playing Coachella here in CA were not just rumors. I have this straight from the inside that there is an east coast tour happening.

Stones in CA in October

thumbs up

Date: April 16, 2016 05:45

mr_dja
Hmmm...

Peace,
Mr DJA

I don't believe the Stones will open for anyone - they will want to close the show I think!

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 14:43

roller99
Remember, you heard it here first. The Stones will definitely be touring in late 2016 on the east coast of the USA. 10 bucks says Coachella in October will be the warm up gig.

Really hope they make it to Chicago this time around!

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: April 16, 2016 15:28

Great USA againsad smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2016 17:46

Does anybody know when the Exhibitionism circus comes to L.A.?
It ends in September in London (I think), so it would make sense that it arrives here after that to coincide with nearby Coachella.
And then they would probably play a few other shows in the area...hopefully.
But then New York was mentioned as an Exhibitionism destination, which would coincide with the rumored east coast dates....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 16, 2016 18:17

The usa tour is cancelled. They will do an extensive UK tour first.
Jeroen

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 18:31

roller99

Do you know how extensive the tour will be? When they start a tour supporting a new album (which hopefully happens this time again) they play around 25-30 dates in the first touring year. And are there some citys mentioned they want to visit?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 16, 2016 18:44

roller99

Hi roller, do you know if they are in studio actually?

Date: April 16, 2016 19:59

KRiffhard
roller99

Hi roller, do you know if they are in studio actually?

The studio album is done, just some final mixing left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 17:01 by roller99.

Date: April 16, 2016 20:01

Stonesfan2146
roller99

Do you know how extensive the tour will be? When they start a tour supporting a new album (which hopefully happens this time again) they play around 25-30 dates in the first touring year. And are there some citys mentioned they want to visit?

Philly, Boston, NYC. 15 dates. Charlie's contract specifies 15 dates max.

Date: April 16, 2016 20:02

corriecas
The usa tour is cancelled. They will do an extensive UK tour first.
Jeroen

You're just conjecturing, I know for a fact there is a tour booked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 17:01 by roller99.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home