Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 6, 2016 20:03

crumbling_mice
Turner68
my sources say that they are currently soliciting billionaires for birthday party requests. once they have booked 1-3 billionaire birthday parties (BBPs, in Stones parlance), they will then decide how the rest of the tour schedule will fit around those dates.

it's good to keep a calendar with the birthdates of various billionaires marked if you want to anticipate the tour.

That's so sad to think that that's what the Rolling Stones have become....a commodity bought by the highest bidder.

turner was making a joke,the stones don't call people up and ask if they want to pay a few million for a private gig.you have to contact them and see if they can fit you into their schedule,then your offer of several million MIGHT be excepted.

the stones will never do a " residency " in las vegas.the place is a nightmare for a singers throat which is why bands do a gig and get the hell out of there.brittany doesn't actually sing and celine basically has to keep her house like a giant humidor during her stay.
they work for caesers entertainment anyway,the stones work with mgm who just built a new arena with their partners aeg.bottom line-the stones will be at the new t-mobile arena around the same time as the desert trip shows for a couple of nights.so no one has to try and move to vegas to "shuffle cards for a living",because you'd also have to learn to deal them and the 1 to 2 year internship working downtown for $30 a day wouldn't buy you many stones tickets anyway.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 6, 2016 20:49

Thanks for the info Lem (thumbs up) and nice explanation in case anyone took seriously RS doing a residency in Vegas- to me they're simply way too cool/ it's so out of their league, but the smoke angle, and Brittney Spears always lip sinks (cync?) anyway- okay. Still cannot fanthom WHO are buying these repetive tickets/ astounded there is a consistent financial stream for these people.
I rarely 'do Vegas' (in fact, have gone only when my career sent me there/award in the past)
but...just can't see it. Oh well. Thanks again.

editing for spelling

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-06 20:53 by 35love.

Date: June 6, 2016 21:56

35love
Thanks for the info Lem (thumbs up) and nice explanation in case anyone took seriously RS doing a residency in Vegas- to me they're simply way too cool/ it's so out of their league, but the smoke angle, and Brittney Spears always lip sinks (cync?) anyway- okay. Still cannot fanthom WHO are buying these repetive tickets/ astounded there is a consistent financial stream for these people.
I rarely 'do Vegas' (in fact, have gone only when my career sent me there/award in the past)

editing for spelling

no problem,but i think you misunderstood what i meant by las vegas hurting a singers throat.it's not the smoke.all the venues are non-smoking just like everywhere else.you'll still smell some weed but it's the dry desert air/dust that is the problem.they even have e term for it-"vegas throat" it's always been that way and was a problem for frank and dean as well as elvis.
42 million people go there a year so it's not hard to find an audience for anyone who wants to play.
santana does really well with his residency shows as well as country singers like brooks and dunn who only play vegas.but the stones ,no way-they are the ROLLING stones not the standing stones.but t-mobile in the fall,that one is as close to a sure thing as you get.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 6, 2016 22:12

lem motlow
35love

editing for spelling

no problem,but i think you misunderstood what i meant by las vegas hurting a singers throat.it's not the smoke.all the venues are non-smoking just like everywhere else.you'll still smell some weed but it's the dry desert air/dust that is the problem.they even have e term for it-"vegas throat" it's always been that way and was a problem for frank and dean as well as elvis.
42 million people go there a year so it's not hard to find an audience for anyone who wants to play.
santana does really well with his residency shows as well as country singers like brooks and dunn who only play vegas.but the stones ,no way-they are the ROLLING stones not the standing stones.but t-mobile in the fall,that one is as close to a sure thing as you get.[/quote

* Ah. :-). It's been gosh, 12 years since I was in Vegas, I retired to full time wife/ mother decade ago. I DID have fun there. Tahoe and the outdoors up here more my style. Cheers Lem.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 7, 2016 01:02

Sign me up for the stones gig 1500.00 work a little ot no problem!!I'm in!

Date: June 7, 2016 01:09

and cheers to you 35love and yes it doesnt get better than Tahoe- but if you want to go to vegas this fall i'm 100% sure you'll see some old friends there.

Date: June 7, 2016 16:52

I have $3000 to chip in

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: June 7, 2016 20:56

MisterDDDD
bleedingman
Not too long ago there was a thread about us all chipping in for a private Stones show. I pledged $2000. A pipe dream (literally) but one can hope.

That still is a great idea! At $2000 a head we could rent a club or private facility and have an IORR fan concert. A venue holding 2000 would bring in $4 million.

Course, it would take BV or someone with his connections to get the idea off the ground. But if it ever did, with the right timing and place, I bet the band would totally be into it.

I'll chip in $3000...or what ever it takes. cool smiley

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:07

There is another thread for the IORR fan concert idea...could we keep this one to relevant tour rumours?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 8, 2016 01:03

erbissell
There is another thread for the IORR fan concert idea...could we keep this one to relevant tour rumours?

Here it is if you want to continue the discussion there

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2016 00:24

Interesting teaser released on the Stones App today (same one they used for Zip Code) "Miss You".

Not sure if this is signaling an imminent tour announcement or not.
Plot thickens(?)

[rolling-stones.disciplemedia.com]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 9, 2016 00:48

MisterDDDD
Interesting teaser released on the Stones App today (same one they used for Zip Code) "Miss You".

Not sure if this is signaling an imminent tour announcement or not.
Plot thickens(?)

They miss us!

Posted by: jkundl1 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 06:31

Las Vegas show confirmed!!!

Posted by: koestjue ()
Date: June 9, 2016 12:55

jkundl1
Las Vegas show confirmed!!!

Where do you know this from? And what about the date?

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: June 9, 2016 13:09

Per the twitter feed of Robin Leach:

"Vindicated. To all who disbelieved my exclusive 2months ago the Rolling Stones hv setOct 19 date at TMobile LV Oct 19. Tkts on sale June 17"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 9, 2016 14:11

Looks like T-Mobile Arena tweeted an announcement yesterday, then subsequently deleted it.

Thanks to John Katsilometes of the Las Vegas Sun

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 14:39

Really????? Low key announcement....

Rod

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 9, 2016 15:20

Damn, impossible for me to go in October

Date: June 9, 2016 15:22

Hopefully more dates will be announced soon.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 9, 2016 16:43

bye bye johnny
Looks like T-Mobile Arena tweeted an announcement yesterday, then subsequently deleted it.

Thanks to John Katsilometes of the Las Vegas Sun

Wasn't it the same newspaper claiming Stones playing at Rock in Rio Las Vegas! Which never happened.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 9, 2016 17:02

Got a massage on my app. It's official

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2016 17:03

Whoo Whoo!!!!

Would rather it was at MGM... but this will work!!!

Posted by: ryanpd ()
Date: June 9, 2016 17:04

Las Vegas October 19th.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 9, 2016 17:12

This is a video of the official app

The Rolling Stones will be live in Las Vegas on Wednesday, October 19th at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Tickets will go on sale Friday, June 17 at 10am PT. For more information please visit rollingstones.com.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-09 17:14 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: June 9, 2016 17:21

Wait, somebody did something good to keep the rumors from getting out? Almost shocking..

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 9, 2016 17:24

They are disappointing English fans. I want London.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 17:27

USD$75-$750 per ticket

Rod

Wondering if there will be PIT like on 50 & Counting Tour? And ticket prices estimates?

Posted by: djrambler ()

I bet they add another Vegas show on 10/22 (Saturday) after the tickets for 10/19 are sold. I have no inside info, just speculation on my part - seems they would want to do a weekend show in Vegas as well.

Date: June 9, 2016 17:29

I hope they do second show. Like flying out to Vegas on a Wednesday? Lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home