Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Want to See Shine a Light or One More Shot in IMAX
Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: December 29, 2015 22:48

Does anyone know if any Stones show is playing Anywhere in IMAX? Back in 2008, they played Shine a Light in an IMAX theatre near my house , but I missed out on it. Been waiting for it to return, but never did. Would also love to see One More Shot PPV or even Live at the Max

Re: Want to See Shine a Light or One More Shot in IMAX
Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: December 30, 2015 02:59

Been covered here lots but will never ever forget the first time I saw At The Max here in Toronto at Ontario Place. Massive screen. This was obviously long before HD tv. Picture so incredibly clear. Was like being on the stage. Must have seen it 10 times taking different people. The novelty was off for shine but liked that a lot too. My favorite part the Buddy stare.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 30, 2015 10:03

Didn't know those 2 films were played at the IMAX. Would have been great for "Shine A Light" since it was recorded in HD. My memory of Live at The Max is also unbeatable. They did it up right.

Date: December 30, 2015 12:38

I thought only Live At The Max was shown in IMAX theatres?

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: December 30, 2015 15:18

Nope Shine A Light was too

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 30, 2015 23:11

I saw SHINE A LIGHT at an Imax theatre in St Petersburgh, FLA but it didn't seem like it was Imax, it seemed like a slightly bigger screen than normal because AT THE MAX was huge.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 30, 2015 23:36

A real Imax film is filmed on special cameras (huge), using special film (massive - you need a fork lift truck in the projection room!). The frame rate is also very high. Taken together that's what gives the amazing sensation mentioned by masseywinos. None of it, so far, is new technology, but it pushes the boundaries hard on existing. (There's bound to be a documentary about it on youtube somewhere!)

"At The Max" was filmed on special cameras etc so it is a real imax film.

As far as I know "Shine A Light" was filmed on normal cameras, so showing it at an Imax cinema only gives you the benefit of the HUGE screen, and not the benefit of the HUGE screen and the amazing definition.

It's claimed that the largest cinema screen in the world (Imax naturally) is in Sydney, and the third (Imax naturally) is here in Melbourne.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home