Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Brussels Box (unsigned) $150!!
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 29, 2015 05:54

Well, now that they have sold them all, they can release Brussels as the next show in the Vault series. Of course, to make sure that all box owners also purchase the new release, they will remaster it, or include some DVD documentary!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-29 06:04 by drbryant.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 29, 2015 06:19

Already received a shipment notification. thumbs up

I have to say that I don't order stuff from there very often, but I've never had any problems with delivery, etc.
After reading a majority of posts in the recent 'merchandise' thread, you'd think it was a black hole void of any reality.
Perhaps it is, and some of us just happen to get really lucky.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 29, 2015 11:00

Looks like the Brussels box is now sold out but the deluxe Exile STP package in the briefcase is on sale for $200. Update 01/07: SOLD OUT

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-07 08:03 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 29, 2015 15:56

frankotero
That really was an unbelievable price. Makes me wonder what the manufacture costs was. Also wondering if they had any of those hand signed Licks Tour Lithos still available at the reduced price. By the time I saw this special they were already sold out. I noticed all the 14 On Fire Lithos are on sale except the Euro Set. They know what we wantsmiling smiley

Yeah, I wonder how much those Licks Tour lithos were? I might have sprung for one if they were $300 or so.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: December 30, 2015 21:09

The UPS guy just delivered the Brussels Box. . . .
Talk about over the top packaging ! Now I understand why the overseas shipping was so high.
Inside the shipping box there's a specially designed cardboard container which is 20" x 16" x 10". The container / box is printed with "Bootleg Series"," Officially authorized" and tour favourite logo in red ink.
The box contains a red fabric sack which in turn contains a heavy metallic bronze coloured box which holds the album, book and watch. The bronze box has a red ribbon and foam inserts to hold the contents. It is covered in stickers meant to resemble a tape box (rather confusingly one sticker states 16 track, while another says 24 track) I haven't opened the album yet but I slid the book out of the lips-adorned slip cover (It also had silica gel packs inside) and there are some great pictures in there - even one or two of Bill ! I feel sure my oldest daughter's going to want the watch, we'll see. . .
Underneath the bronze box is a compartment holding the poster tube which indeed has a (presumably) replica of the '73 tour poster with all of the dates on the bottom.
Many thanks to drbryant for the heads-up. I think I got a great deal for my $150

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 30, 2015 21:50

ElGeordie
Talk about over the top packaging ! Now I understand why the overseas shipping was so high.
Inside the shipping box there's a specially designed cardboard container which is 20" x 16" x 10". The container / box is printed with "Bootleg Series"," Officially authorized" and tour favourite logo in red ink.
The box contains a red fabric sack which in turn contains a heavy metallic bronze coloured box which holds the album, book and watch. The bronze box has a red ribbon and foam inserts to hold the contents. It is covered in stickers meant to resemble a tape box (rather confusingly one sticker states 16 track, while another says 24 track) I haven't opened the album yet but I slid the book out of the lips-adorned slip cover (It also had silica gel packs inside) and there are some great pictures in there - even one or two of Bill ! I feel sure my oldest daughter's going to want the watch, we'll see. . .
Underneath the bronze box is a compartment holding the poster tube which indeed has a (presumably) replica of the '73 tour poster with all of the dates on the bottom.
Many thanks to drbryant for the heads-up. I think I got a great deal for my $150

Good to see that you're happy with your purchase, but after deducting all this packaging mania, isn't it just 90 minutes of live music that was (still is?) readily available in flac quality for around a tenner?

One would think that for the original asking price, they could/should have included at least a bonus CD of other soundboard recordings from 1973.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: December 30, 2015 21:57

alimente
ElGeordie

Good to see that you're happy with your purchase, but after deducting all this packaging mania, isn't it just 90 minutes of live music that was (still is?) readily available in flac quality for around a tenner?

One would think that for the original asking price, they could/should have included at least a bonus CD of other soundboard recordings from 1973.

I get your point, however the FLAC version was never available in the US and as a vinyl junkie I'm happy to get the 3 - LP version as well as the CDs

Date: December 30, 2015 22:49

Congrats, ElGeordie.

The book is awesome as well, and imo it's an important part of this box set.

And the vinyl sounds greaat!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 03:07

All I can say is WOW! My box set arrived today. It is stunning! HUGE! The box itself is a solid wood with a nice stain, and the handwritten set list and notes on the front. The album sounds fantastic, and is inside a beautiful cover. The book! MY GOODNESS! It is also incredible. Well made with a fantastic padded tongue opening to a live shot. WOW! The watch...well that doesn't get my clock going, but it is a cool curio. All in all a very good deal for 150! One of the most well made boxes I own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-07 03:08 by whitem8.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 04:45

TornAndFried
Looks like the Brussels box is now sold out but the deluxe Exile STP package in the briefcase is on sale for $200..down from $500.

Bugga...back to $500

Rod

Date: January 9, 2016 17:09

Ok, well finally got around to trying TRYING to pay the album in the box set. SO SAD! It is so severely warped it is unplayable!! Such a shame. I will have to return and hopefully for a replacement with a good album! Anyone else have this problem?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 9, 2016 17:56

Just received mine, everything in tact and good shape. Great packaging and man that's a mighty big watch….lol

Need more '73, '75 and yes 76' shows released >grinning smiley<

Date: January 9, 2016 18:39

Just received mine last night as well - good lord what an enormous box it arrived in - thought we my wife ordered a mini-fridge!
Beginning with the massive inner cardboard box with the red 'bootleg series' tongue logo - for a cardboard box it's fantastic! Then into the actual box itself nicely protected by the large red felt bag - wow.
This isn't the typical cardboard box set your grandpappy grew up with - seems to be a solid chipboard encased in bronze leaf? (could be heavy duty paper glued on, still very nice). Everything was intact and in excellent condition - no vinyl warpage, etc. The book with the giant leather tongue might be worth the $150 price alone -really well designed. And the watch is MUCH larger than expected - almost like a belt with a buckle haha. Last but not least - the poster which shall remain in tube until I can find a frame for it.

Easily the best product I've ever purchased through the official site, and had I known the quality beforehand I might have ordered two at the heavily discounted price.
Thanks again to drbryant for the heads up - glad I didn't hesitate before placing my order. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-09 19:07 by Hairball.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 9, 2016 18:57

Whitem8 -my copy has the side with YCAGWYW with extreme surface noise, also unplayable. I'm curious to hear if anyone has a great LP in this box? Btw I got this box soon after it's release, also unsigned.

Date: January 9, 2016 19:02

ElGeordie

Just read this post from ElGeordie, and seems we're on the same page being 100% satisfied with this.thumbs up
One difference might be that my bronze box has one square sheet identical to the back of the vinyl sleeve (rather than multiple stickers) adhered to top of it - 'handwritten' tracklisting, recording info., etc., and has an actual piece of packaging tape vs. printed on vinyl sleeve.

***edit: I now see the stickers ElGeordie refers to around the sides of box - there's a lot to take in with this box!

frankotero
Whitem8 -my copy has the side with YCAGWYW with extreme surface noise, also unplayable. I'm curious to hear if anyone has a great LP in this box? Btw I got this box soon after it's release, also unsigned.

Ahh that sucks - will try and play through entire vinyl over weekend and will let you know if anything's wrong with mine.
They look clean, not warped, and completely perfect in every way, but until I play it cant really say...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-09 21:06 by Hairball.

Date: January 9, 2016 19:17

Good luck Hairball, hope you got a good one!

Date: January 9, 2016 23:09

It's a very nice box but it would have been a much more interesting set if they had included BOTH Brussels shows. Oh well, guess we will have to wait for the Super Deluxe Brussels Affair box set coming sometime in the future.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 10, 2016 00:11

TornAndFried
It's a very nice box but it would have been a much more interesting set if they had included BOTH Brussels shows. Oh well, guess we will have to wait for the Super Deluxe Brussels Affair box set coming sometime in the future.

Nope, you got the Super Deluxe, enjoy it for what it is.

Date: January 10, 2016 00:19

shadooby
TornAndFried

True, this box set is good for what it is but like a lot of things involving the Stones, it's also a missed opportunity to do something much better. Maybe next time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-10 00:28 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 10, 2016 04:18

TornAndFried
shadooby
TornAndFried

True, this box set is good for what it is but like a lot of things involving the Stones, it's also a missed opportunity to do something much better. Maybe next time.

I guess an accompanying video from the vaults would have been nice, even if it was from a different night and partial plus bonus material.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: January 10, 2016 06:25

whitem8
Ok, well finally got around to trying TRYING to pay the album in the box set. SO SAD! It is so severely warped it is unplayable!! Such a shame. I will have to return and hopefully for a replacement with a good album! Anyone else have this problem?

Only one of the three records in my set is warped (Side 3/4) but not so much as to make it unplayable. But yes, it's a drag nonetheless.

I don't think that returning it for a replacement is a reasonable option for a box of this nature. Do you return just the LP or the entire box? (And do you want to pay the return postage for that enormous box?) And who do you return it to? Bravado? Universal?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 10, 2016 09:05

Roscoe
whitem8

Only one of the three records in my set is warped (Side 3/4) but not so much as to make it unplayable. But yes, it's a drag nonetheless.

I don't think that returning it for a replacement is a reasonable option for a box of this nature. Do you return just the LP or the entire box? (And do you want to pay the return postage for that enormous box?) And who do you return it to? Bravado? Universal?

Well, as I remember, there are some ways to fix a warped record. Maybe someone
can help here. My method was very basic just putting heavy books on top of the vinal, while on a hard flat surface, and maybe applying heat. As I remember this actually worked.

Date: January 10, 2016 14:49

It says in the packing slip postage is free a return. I am going to call, and see if I can return just the album...a long shot. But if I can return the whole box for a new one, then I will.

As for fixing warped records. I would like to hear from folks on here. It seems like a lot of newer pressed albums, and particularly the 180-2-- gram are warped. Must be either storage issues, packaging (it seems like the shrink wrap is far too tight and presses eddes down on the cover and or box, which could cause warpage), or manufacturing issues as well.

So I have seen the youtube tutorials on fixing a warped record with heavy glass then put in oven. But am very sceptical. I fear it would damage the grooves and distort them. Particularly because it waw warped and flatteing seems like it would distort the grooves.

On hi fi sights there are record warp repair machines that look like mini ovens, but they are uber expensive! $3000. That's not an option for me.

Date: January 10, 2016 15:50

There are professional ways to repair warped records. In Ludwigshafen (Germany) there's a guy that has a special oven for this. It worked for one of my extremely warped records. Made it perfect. It might be worth to search out someone near you with this equipment. Plus I really believed there will be a vinyl release, same as what's in the box. That's what I'm waiting for, like many others I'm sure.

Date: January 10, 2016 21:51

All sold out.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home