Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2021 20:19

This looks interesting... I'm sure the arrest will come up winking smiley

Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen launch podcast on Spotify
It is another landmark moment in Spotify's aggressive push to dominate the podcast business.

Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen are making a podcast.

Spotify on Monday announced the launch of "Renegades: Born in the USA," featuring the former president and the legendary rock star in conversation on issues ranging from politics and the state of America to fatherhood, marriage and manhood. The conversations will span eight episodes, the first two of which go live on Monday.

The podcast, produced by Barack and Michelle Obama’s production company, Higher Ground, is decidedly the highest-profile collaboration in the history of podcasting.

"It is a personal, in-depth discussion between two friends exploring their pasts, their beliefs, and the country that they love — as it was, as it is, and as it ought to be going forward," Spotify said in a statement, noting that the two men "have formed a deep friendship since they first met on the campaign trail in 2008."

It is also another landmark moment in Spotify's aggressive push to dominate the podcast business. The Swedish streaming service has committed more than $500 million to acquiring podcast companies and has struck exclusive deals with big names including Joe Rogan and Kim Kardashian and major brands like Warner Bros.

In 2019, Spotify signed an exclusive deal with the Obamas to produce podcasts. Their first production, The Michelle Obama Podcast, was the top global podcast when it launched last summer, and Spotify is betting that the Obama-Springstreen series will have similar appeal worldwide.

Many of the conversations between Obama and Springsteen are likely to focus on fixing America's cultural and political divides.

"How did we get here? How could we find our way back to a more unifying American story?" Obama asks in his intro to the show. "On the surface, Bruce and I don't have a lot in common. But over the years, what we’ve found is that we’ve got a shared sensibility. About work, about family and about America. In our own ways, Bruce and I have been on parallel journeys trying to understand this country that’s given us both so much."

Obama and Springsteen unveiled the "Renegades" podcast during a virtual Spotify event in which the company also announced an expansion of their D.C. Comics shows and a new partnership with the Russo brothers, the directors of “The Avengers” films.
[www.nbcnews.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 24, 2021 18:46

Bruce Springsteen Pleads Guilty to Alcohol Consumption in Closed Area; DUI and Other Charge Dropped

[variety.com]

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 24, 2021 18:59

What? No community service?!! Lol. I knew that DUI charge would be dropped. Some cop trying to make a name for himself...

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: February 25, 2021 19:07

Sighunt
What? No community service?!! Lol. I knew that DUI charge would be dropped. Some cop trying to make a name for himself...

I wonder if the cop was a Trumper,,,,

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 25, 2021 19:27

...Listening to the Spotify dialogue between Springsteen and Obama...it's very good,
starting off with how the two met, and how both felt like outsiders.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 25, 2021 23:05

Wry Cooter
Sighunt

I wonder if the cop was a Trumper,,,,

You folks are freaking obsessed.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 26, 2021 00:29

The boss lowers himself to that POS

Date: February 26, 2021 01:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-26 01:03 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: February 26, 2021 02:14

New poster here! Not a new "user," tho. I've lurked here off and on since the late 2000s. Dec 2018 - July 2019 IORR was a particularly useful resource in deciding to go to the Stones July 3 Washington DC concert, and my learning some of the ins and outs of that ahead of time. For a good while before that I'd been going to only medium-to-small venue rock concerts, and so I'd not seen the Stones for a very long time.

I tried registering here 2018 - 2019 but had problems accomplishing it. And it wasn't essential, so...

Finally a few months ago I decided to go ahead and ask bv's help, and he fixed me right up. Thanks bv!

But I didn't have anything urgent to jump in with, 2020 being everybody's year of just waiting.

My apologies up front, then, for the sacrilege of my first post in IORR being in a nonStones thread. Rest assured, tho, the Rolling Stones are my 1a, and Springsteen my 1b.

All that out of the way, about this DWI:

The man blew 0.02% blood alcohol. That tells me right there this was a jam job by a park ranger who relished an opportunity to take Bruce Springsteen down a notch. I was once a cop, albeit decades ago, back when local cops -- American ones, at least - were still cherry tops. And for only 2.5 years... I career-hopped throughout my twenties. But I can still attest that any idiot can tell that somebody with that little booze in them isn't drunk.

Charging someone who blows an 0.02% with DWI anyway is, IMO, unethical.

I worked with good cops and bad, like a person does in any field. But I'm sure I don't need to convince Stones people that some police will jam somebody that way. A lot of you here are Rolling Stones historians. Maybe not to a Bill Wyman degree, but still, historians. We all know how, esp. that 1st decade, many police regarded and treated Mick Keith and Brian.

Okay, that's my 2 cents on that bit of recent rock n roll trivia.

Happy to now be here.

Happy to not be dead or stricken by the Plague anywhere. (Keith has my permission to use that.)

Date: February 26, 2021 03:05

TheBluesHadaBaby

Happy to now be here.

Happy to not be dead or stricken by the Plague anywhere. (Keith has my permission to use that.)

Welcome!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 26, 2021 04:05

"...even if we're just drinking in the park..."

Date: February 27, 2021 03:27

Obama sucks

Date: February 27, 2021 04:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-28 01:16 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 27, 2021 05:57

The Bruce performance at the white house was basically a dress rehearsal for his Broadway show.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: February 27, 2021 10:05

I'm with Keef: keep politics out of rock.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 27, 2021 15:39

Listened to part one in full yesterday - no matter your politics, the talk was definitely interesting glimpse into racial relations. Do yourself a favor and set 50 minutes aside and give it a listen.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: February 27, 2021 16:52

Bruce and Barrack -- two guys using each other to market their own brands.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: February 27, 2021 17:45

black n blue
Obama sucks

you wish

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: February 27, 2021 19:32

Remember when rockers railed against shitty politicians and Government? Ugh.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-27 19:34 by timmyj3.

Date: February 27, 2021 20:27

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-28 01:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2021 20:41

wonderboy
Bruce and Barrack -- two guys using each other to market their own brands.

...and the results are very boring....they should have titled their podcast "Bored in the USA"....

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 27, 2021 23:48

No politics. LOL No escape anywhere.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 28, 2021 00:36

They should have done Car Karaoke in a Jeep, a better format.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 28, 2021 00:56

Luckily Brooooooceeee didnt
do the Super Bowl ad in a Cherokee

ROCKMAN

Date: February 28, 2021 01:25

Braincapers
black n blue
Obama sucks

you wish
worst @#$%& president. You live here in the USA

Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: February 28, 2021 13:44

Did anyone bought some of the live recordings from the different tours of the Boss Homepage? Which one of them have the best sound quality or which one would you recommend to buy? Best from Berlin

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2021 16:36

Vertigo05
Did anyone bought some of the live recordings from the different tours of the Boss Homepage? Which one of them have the best sound quality or which one would you recommend to buy? Best from Berlin

Best sound quality? They're all professionally recorded and mixed by (I think) Bob Clearmountain. They're all 10/10.

He's released pretty much every band show from 2014-2017 (there have been 2 or 3 exceptions) as well as, by my reckoning, 60 archive releases spanning the period 1975 to 2013. So that's about 180 shows released since 2014. The pattern with the archive releases is that they usually come out on the first Friday of each month.

I've managed to acquire all of them but what would be the best to get I suppose depends on the era you happen to like the most.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 28, 2021 20:34

MrDDDD, btw, thanks for the video clip above, checked your edits, Loved it so much.
I had seen a similar hand-off by Buddy Guy but not this one.
And for info on the podcast.

Interesting that Springseen's song and the former Prez's new book have the same title:
The Promised Land.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: February 28, 2021 21:08

Hello,

Yes I already bought some CDs and I'm rather satisfied with them.

I would advise you to buy :

78 tour : Roxy (LA), Fox Theatre (Atlanta), Capitol Theatre (NY) 19 and 20/09 (with a special mention for the later mixed by Bob Clearmountain), Winterland (16/12)

80 : Nassau Coliseum (29 and 31/12)
81 : Wembley Arena
88 : Stockholm (great show and execellent production).

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 28, 2021 21:37

micawber
I'm with Keef: keep politics out of rock.

Keith for president

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home