Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 101
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 21:11

Quite proud to call The Stones my favorite band, as once upon a time they USED to represent the anti-establishment.

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: June 12, 2021 01:48

VoodooLounge13
Quite proud to call The Stones my favorite band, as once upon a time they USED to represent the anti-establishment.

Yeah, Right on man! Who needs the cops, or any kind of organized society or medical research. Everybody for himself, and screw others! It would be so much better if there were no rules.And I could do what I want. The establishment just wants to screw me over and give others some rights and protections! Down with that!! Everything for me!!!

Of course, some just like the music. but them's the kids nowadays, no sense of priorities sad smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2021 01:50

GhostTown2021
VoodooLounge13

Yeah, Right on man! Who needs the cops, or any kind of organized society or medical research. Everybody for himself, and screw others! It would be so much better if there were no rules.And I could do what I want. The establishment just wants to screw me over and give others some rights and protections! Down with that!! Everything for me!!!

Of course, some just like the music. but them's the kids nowadays, no sense of priorities sad smiley[/quote

Huh? Is this your idea of the 60s and 70s?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-13 01:53 by angee.

OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 16, 2021 14:57

Dustland - The Killers (feat. Bruce Springsteen)

[open.spotify.com]

Date: June 16, 2021 17:16

Date: June 18, 2021 14:59

June 17 update:

At the direction of New York State, SPRINGSTEEN ON BROADWAY and the St. James Theatre will only be accepting proof of FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson).

[www.jujamcyn.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 18, 2021 17:40

"Dustland"...the great lost song from the Born To Run era sessions...at least to these ears. It's so reminiscent of songs from Springsteen's first three albums. No wonder Springsteen's playing on it. Glory Days indeed.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 18, 2021 22:07

Springsteen’s back on Broadway – but no AstraZeneca vaccine recipients allowed

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 18, 2021 23:49

Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

So Bruce is an Anti-AstraZenca vaxxer.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 19, 2021 01:27

bleedingman
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

In reading the article, is it Bruce that is making this rule or the venue, who say they're following NY state rules?

Date: June 19, 2021 01:35

DGA35
bleedingman
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

In reading the article, is it Bruce that is making this rule or the venue, who say they're following NY state rules?

[iorr.org]

Date: June 19, 2021 01:59

bye bye johnny
DGA35
bleedingman
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

[iorr.org]

Thanks. Makes perfect sense.

Date: June 19, 2021 02:25

Honestly dumbfounded that there are anti-vaxxers in this thread throwing the term 'HIPAA' around like they have any idea what it pertains to and are acting as if their personal rights are being violated when a venue asks them to prove they are vaxxed-- not like you're being forced to go to the show.

I can't help but wonder how many would be cheering the venue if it had to do with sexuality? You know, like a bakery refusing to bake for a same-sex wedding?

Date: June 19, 2021 07:03

So we apparently have the following categories of vax, according to the NY State rules:

1) Officially vaxxed (approved)
2) Close, but no cigar vaxxed (AstraZeneca). Sucks to be you people. You trusted the wrong science.
3) Not yet vaxxed (haven't had time to take a few days off to recover from the vax)
4) ANTI-VAXXERS. They're the worst and are going to get us all killed.

Enjoy the show, all of you who chose wisely.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 19, 2021 13:59

latest official bootleg is Berkley at the beginning of the Darkness tour. prime stuff!

Date: June 19, 2021 20:50

Apparently Springsteen on Broadway is now open to those with Astra Zeneca too, because of clearance from the WHO:

"[www.thestar.com];

--------

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 20, 2021 00:36

angee
Apparently Springsteen on Broadway is now open to those with Astra Zeneca too, because of clearance from the WHO:

"[www.thestar.com];

--------

Great, if confusing, news, albeit par for the course with the learning curve we've been dealing with. Hopefully Astra people held on to their tickets. That link doesn't seem to work but here's another.
[www.cbc.ca]

Edit: "But other attractions, including Saturday Night Live and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, still say AstraZeneca recipients cannot attend live tapings." Good Lord. Paging Dr. Fauci.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 00:38 by bleedingman.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 20, 2021 00:45

bleedingman
angee

"[www.thestar.com];

--------

Great, if confusing, news, albeit par for the course with the learning curve we've been dealing with. Hopefully Astra people held on to their tickets. That link doesn't seem to work but here's another.
[www.cbc.ca]

Edit: "But other attractions, including Saturday Night Live and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, still say AstraZeneca recipients cannot attend live tapings." Good Lord. Paging Dr. Fauci.

New York State current rules for smaller theaters.
Try Dr. Cuomo, moron.

Or better yet, try a concert in New Zealand where there are now many.
Oh, wait... they won't let you. Fauci's fault too I suppose.

Date: June 20, 2021 03:02

MisterDDDD
bleedingman
angee

"[www.thestar.com];

--------

[www.cbc.ca]

New York State current rules for smaller theaters.
Try Dr. Cuomo, moron.

Or better yet, try a concert in New Zealand where there are now many.
Oh, wait... they won't let you. Fauci's fault too I suppose.

"Moron". The insults always go one way. F**K off.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 20, 2021 04:38

angee

"[www.thestar.com];

--------

Clearance from the WHO! Thanks Pete and Roger smiling smiley

Date: June 20, 2021 05:33

.... W.H.O.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 20, 2021 19:45

From Stevie Van Zandt:

Many of you have asked. Here’s the answer. There were many complications to overcome. Regulations- national, state, city, theater, etc-changing constantly. Happy ending for the fans.

[www.twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 19:47 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 06:09

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Honestly dumbfounded that there are anti-vaxxers in this thread throwing the term 'HIPAA' around like they have any idea what it pertains to and are acting as if their personal rights are being violated when a venue asks them to prove they are vaxxed-- not like you're being forced to go to the show.

I can't help but wonder how many would be cheering the venue if it had to do with sexuality? You know, like a bakery refusing to bake for a same-sex wedding?

I’m sorry but it IS a violation of personal rights. Don’t force me to get vaccinated. last I checked I have FULL control of what I do or don’t do with my body and I cannot, and will not, be told by government what I have to do with a vaccine that was rushed to market and not proven for long term effects. After the election I no longer trust this government and I am a damn democrat. The media runs the country and I’m not naive enough to follow blindly. Sorry for not falling in line. I never will. I have tickets for concerts indoors that have been rescheduled for next year now. Concerts have always been a part of my life and I will look to get a fake card if needed to continue enjoying that part of life. No one who isn’t vaccinated can attend anything indoors and that’s bullshit all the way around. How many people walking around without masks now are actually vaccinated vs just tired of following the damn rules inflicted upon us???? I will continue to wear a mask because my wife is a type-1 diabetic and super high risk but I will not take a vaccine until it has proven itself to me to be a viable solution and that will be at least 3 years from now. I have family in upstate NY who not once ever followed a single CDC protocol during the entire lockdown - for over 18 months and not a single one of them ever got COVID. Some of 'em worked at Walmart and continued to go to work and interact with the public every damn day. Don’t tell me science and politics and all this other bullshit stuff that makes the vaccine viable. It’s my God given right to say thanks but no thanks.

And for the record, I have no problem with a bakery saying no I’m not baking a cake for a same-sex marriage. They have that damn right too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 00:01 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 21, 2021 10:14

VoodooLounge13
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

I’m sorry but it IS a violation of personal rights. Don’t force me to get vaccinated. last I checked I have FULL control of what I do or don’t so with my body and I cannot and will not be told by government what I have to do with a vaccine that was rushed to market and not proven for long term effects. After the election I no longer trust this government and I am a damn democrat. The media runs the country and I’m not naive enough to follow blindly. Sorry for not falling in line. I never will. I ha e tickets for concerts indoors that have been rescheduled for next year now. Concerts have always been a part of my life and I will look to get a fake card if needed to continue enjoying that part of life. No one who isn’t vaccinated can attend anything indoors and that’s bullshit all the way around. How many people walking around without masks now are actually vaccinated vs just tired of following the damn rules inflicted upon us???? I will continue to wear a mask because my wife is a type-1 diabetic and super high risk but I will not take a vaccine until it has proven itself to me to be a viable solution and that will be at least 3 years from now. I have family in upstate NY who not once ever followed a single CDC protocol during the entire lockdown - for over 18 months and not a single one of them ever got COVID. Some of em worked at Walmart and continued to go to work and interact with the public every damn day. Don’t tell me science and politics and all this other bullshit stuff that makes the vaccine viable. It’s my God given right to say thanks but no thanks.

And for the record, I have no problem with a bakery saying no I’m not baking a cake for a same-sex marriage. They have that damn right too.

Wow. There’s so much wrong with that I wouldn’t even know where to start. offensive and dangerous rhetoric

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 10:16 by yorkshirestone.

Date: June 21, 2021 21:11

VoodooLounge13
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

I’m sorry but it IS a violation of personal rights. Don’t force me to get vaccinated. last I checked I have FULL control of what I do or don’t so with my body and I cannot and will not be told by government what I have to do with a vaccine that was rushed to market and not proven for long term effects. After the election I no longer trust this government and I am a damn democrat. The media runs the country and I’m not naive enough to follow blindly. Sorry for not falling in line. I never will. I ha e tickets for concerts indoors that have been rescheduled for next year now. Concerts have always been a part of my life and I will look to get a fake card if needed to continue enjoying that part of life. No one who isn’t vaccinated can attend anything indoors and that’s bullshit all the way around. How many people walking around without masks now are actually vaccinated vs just tired of following the damn rules inflicted upon us???? I will continue to wear a mask because my wife is a type-1 diabetic and super high risk but I will not take a vaccine until it has proven itself to me to be a viable solution and that will be at least 3 years from now. I have family in upstate NY who not once ever followed a single CDC protocol during the entire lockdown - for over 18 months and not a single one of them ever got COVID. Some of em worked at Walmart and continued to go to work and interact with the public every damn day. Don’t tell me science and politics and all this other bullshit stuff that makes the vaccine viable. It’s my God given right to say thanks but no thanks.

I'm with you - except for the bogus vaccine card. If an artist or a venue doesn't want my money, that's their right. But, yeah, I've been out and about during this, I wear a mask out of respect for the establishment's owners if they want me to, but the mad rush to get people to take this and the vilification of those who don't join in, even in a Rolling Stones message board for goodness sake, gives me pause. Never seen anything like it and I've been around a long time. My last job was working with molecular scientists and pathologists in preparing presentations and documentation to convince the FDA, College of American Pathologists, State licensing, etc. to approve our tests and therapy (including mRNA - Moderna - immunotherapies). Then getting Blue Cross, etc. to cover them. We had to jump through hoops and it took years in some cases. Regarding the bakeries, take note that (some) Christians aren't the only ones who won't bake a gay wedding cake but they're the only ones you hear about.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:26

VoodooLounge13

Here's all the attention you ordered...
So much to call bullsht on, tough to know where to dig in.

A- Someone got a gun to your head? No one's "forcing" you to get vaxxed.

B- I don't care if your "family" is in upstate yourass, if it's a Walmart in the US they work at, they wore masks and followed CDC protocols to remain employed. Walmart's covid policies are national.

C- You're as much a Democrat as I am a Republican.

D- Get your affairs in order, while three years seems like a long time, it flies especially because it's unlikely you'll make that goal for your vaccination.

E- Your imaginary friend in the sky doesn't grant anyone any rights.

F- you.

Date: June 21, 2021 23:37

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:56

Watched the video. I love the idea of Nathan Lane subbing for Springsteen on Broadway. May it happen.

Date: June 22, 2021 04:30

Hilarious.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 22, 2021 16:06

First off I am vaxxed with both shots of the Pfizer . It is funny to me the hoops that they want you to jump thru to give them your money . Think about that for a second . One has to do this and that to fork over their hard earned money ? Really ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home