Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Track Talk: Turd On The Run
Date: August 23, 2016 13:18

RobberBride
TravelinMan
Hairball
DandelionPowderman
Slide on TD?

Sounds like a slide lick right at the 2:50 mark, followed by very subtle licks in the background, and then another more prominent at 3:10.
I always thought it was slide - could be just the way it's played though.

Yeah, and around 2:10 and some other places throughout. It sounds like a different take than Richards' other lead guitar.

Sure, the slide is quite easily heard bang in the center of the mix, not to be confused with the L-R finger-sliding licks.
If one use a software to isolate the frequency, it sounds like Keith to me, more reminiscent of the "wobbly-nervous" Let it Bleed vibrato than the gentler,wider Taylor vibrato.

It`s really hard to hear and find out who does what on Exile, which makes it just the more interesting, IMHO.

That is VERY subtle playing, though. I have always thought those licks were on the same track as the solo guitar - and after a few listens now I still don't hear any vibrato. I hear endings on open strings and one distinct slide downwards (which could have been done without a slide as well).

So, it probably is a slide, but it's not that easy to spot, imo. Keep in mind that many also think the solo is a slide guitar, which it isn't.

Date: August 23, 2016 13:23

Some magic fairy just made everything clearer for me (thanks RB!). There is indeed a slide guitar throughout.

There you go with the Exile mix. Everything is buried, yet it's all there to highlight the overall experience thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 23, 2016 16:38

DandelionPowderman
Some magic fairy just made everything clearer for me (thanks RB!). There is indeed a slide guitar throughout.

There you go with the Exile mix. Everything is buried, yet it's all there to highlight the overall experience thumbs up

*This is why I would love the new vinyl Exile remastered re- something
on a pristine turntable, speakers in a circle with me in the middle!
smoking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 23, 2016 21:34

DandelionPowderman

That's one of the greatness of Exile.......every time you hear something new....................

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2000
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home